What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PVP Semi-Finals (2005) Dragons Vs Covells

morri (cWo)

First Grade
i respect the referees decision but i want to tell my side of the story.

me and BBSF were frantic on wednesday night because we realised one of our team members had been banned. so we thought we were a player down.

luckily for the team i had a friend staying at my house who i asked to write something for us. he obliged. so we created the username horndog_covell and posted his rushed (hence the grammatical errors) article. BBSF changed the team line-up as neither of us had read deep enough into the rule book to see rules about changing the team line-up.

thanks to the ref and thanks again to the dragons. good luck next game. i'm heartbroken.

ive had a fun time in the pvp tournament but it feels like wasted time.

good luck to all still involved.

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
Firstly a huge congratulations to the Draongs, this may go down as the greatest win in forum 7s history. Dragon_PSA and Wacko wow, you guys wrote some great articles, and for your sake lets hope your team gets more players for the final. Its players like you , who keep some of our players still interested, your motivation to succeed and your witty comments and paraphrasing. Well done guys, youll definetly have the covell brigade behind you next match.

To the Covell Brigade. Well it wasnt our day. Theres an old saying in forum 7s, 'sometimes' you loose and today this occured for us. Although it was controversial, and obvious that some of the bigger name teams talked to Antonius to get us out of the tournament as they were threatened, we must learn from this when the season begins. Sas, theres probably some room for improvement from you, captain you just have to get ures in on time.

On just a note, Horndog and No5LC are different people. And as a captains note, I find this decision irrational as you have failed to proove that No5LC and Horndog are the same person and have gone out and made the biggest decision in forum 7s history that i can remember without even looking into it further.

Good effort brigade, dont keep your heads down, we may not have won, but we lost no friends in defeat today. Well done Dragons

Willow

Assistant Moderator
UndertakerMike said:
Sorry that was last week * Here is the link . My Bad

Sad to see this happen but :(

I guess we all have to make sure we follow the rules.
No worries. If that's in reference to the round one, they were editing posts after full time, without telling anyone. I made mention of this to the referee to say benefit of the doubt should apply, and this assistance was passed onto BBSF. Unfortunately, benefit of the doubt can only be carried so far.

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
antonius said:
Scores

*Note* The covells have edited their starting line up on the 23/11/05. No request to do this was received by myself, or to my knowledge the Dragons captain. Therefore I’m imposing a penalty of 20 points for this rule break. See rule below.
http://f7s.leagueunlimited.com/rules.asp

Teams
Ideally, a Forum Sevens team shall consist of five (5) participating players plus two (2) reserve players.

The team captain (or stand-in captain) must announce the team in the appropriate thread when the match kicks off.

The decision to change players during the match is at the discretion of the captain (or stand-in captain), but they must be selected from the team of seven players as announced in the match thread after kick off.

On another note where in the rules does it even say that you can dedduct full marks from No5LC?. Ok so we lost the marks for changing the squad fair enough, but where does it say you loose marks for two people being one person (even though this isnt true and you jumped to a massive conclusion). Im just very interested about this.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Big_Bad_Shark_Fan said:
On just a note, Horndog and No5LC are different people. And as a captains note, I find this decision irrational as you have failed to proove that No5LC and Horndog are the same person and have gone out and made the biggest decision in forum 7s history that i can remember without even looking into it further.
For a start, please cut the dramatics. There have been bigger decisions made before today. This is hardly an historical event.

Secondly, how is it irrational to think the two posters are the same?

I refer you to the post made by no.5_luke covell:
no.5_luke covell said:
luckily for the team i had a friend staying at my house who i asked to write something for us. he obliged. so we created the username horndog_covell and posted his rushed (hence the grammatical errors) article. BBSF changed the team line-up as neither of us had read deep enough into the rule book to see rules about changing the team line-up.
At the very least, it has been admitted that No.5_luke covell and Horndog_covell are posting from the same IP addy.

It also admitted that you changed the team line-up, adding a completely new member, shortly before full time.

No other team ignores the rules in this manner and then calls others 'irrational'.

Its also a little hard to accept that you didnt understand the rules. This is the second match running where you have looked for short cuts and then claimed ignorance. Not just one breach but several now. As I said in an earlier post, the benefit of the doubt will only carry you so far.

I was more than happy to let this slide without further comment but calling the decision 'irrational' can't go without a repsonse.

antonius

Coach
Big_Bad_Shark_Fan said:
On another note where in the rules does it even say that you can dedduct full marks from No5LC?. Ok so we lost the marks for changing the squad fair enough, but where does it say you loose marks for two people being one person (even though this isnt true and you jumped to a massive conclusion). Im just very interested about this.
The fact that you changed the team make up on the final day warrants ALL your points being deducted, The fact that you played a player that was originally un-named warrants disqualification. Penalties are determined by the ref at his discretion. I used my discretion, you are lucky to have scored any points at all. I suggest that if you get to play another game you read the rules before starting.

gonzerelli

Juniors
Wow - I'm amazed that this has happened. But in my mind there is no excuse for blatantly breaking the rules - true, there are two separate sets of rules (one for F7s, one for PvP), and that tripped me up a little when coming in with the acting captaincy... But I still followed the rules as closely as possible.

I don't know whether it's appropriate to thank the referee, since this might be seen as unsportsmanlike under the circumstances, but I will congratulate the referee for keeping a level head about this, and sticking to his guns.

To the opposition - this was perhaps a hard way to learn that it doesn't pay to break the rules. Better luck next time you're invited to participate.

And fellow Dragons... F*CK ME! FIRE UP!

Willow

Assistant Moderator
gonzerelli, congrats on the win and playing the game in the right spirit. The draw has been updated at http://f7s.leagueunlimited.com/draw2005.asp (PVP is down the bottom of the page).

You'll see the Warriors v Dragons match has been set down for kick off this Sunday and that you're competing for the PVP Plate.

Cheers.

brooksy19

Bench
This is a disgrace, I didn't post mine as i thought we had it in the bag, it was a pearler and would of won us the final.

This isn't over.

Wacko

Juniors
Covells all,

I have studiously avoided posting till now. Embarrasment will do that to you.

I am very sorry for the way this has worked out for you people . I am pretty good at being wise after the fact. I guess some of you have improved in that respect too now.

I sense a suck up essay in the next round titled "Why you wouldn't want to be a Mod/Ref in F7's" might score well ? Too transparent ? Thought so....

For what little consolation it is to you I think it would be no secret to acknowledge we know we won on a technicality. The ref had a job to do & called it the way he saw it. As co- sport lovers all I can suggest is everyone here has seen decisions made by a ref we thought were unfair and turned a game.

But from my moralising pulpit I would add it is also widely known that it is easy to criticise - none of us had to make that tough call.

Best wishes to you all and hope we cross paths in the future under better circumstances.

"Wacko"
(Steve)

Willow

Assistant Moderator
brooksy19 said:
This is a travesty of justice.
You're not helping things or going about this the right way. I suggest you check the F7s website and read the rules.

Latest posts