What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

QLD Team 2017

big hit!

Bench
Slater at fb for game 2, Morgan back to bench, we need 5 middles and 3 edge forwards. I would prefer both Hess and papalii on an edge and I believe Cooper is better than kaufusi at this time. Wallace, napa, Maguire, arrow, and Bateman are my 5 middles so no to glasby, Matt Scott , ofahengaue, and kaufusi.

need props......to many #13s there.

with napa potentially out:

start
AH. granville
PF. scott
PF. wallace
MF. McGuire
RF. Kaufusi / Hess -> Gillett here would solve a problem
LF. Cooper

IC
PF. Glasby
PF. Ofahengaue
MF. Papalii
U. ???

big hit!

Bench
No Morgan is a big blow for NSW.

QLD now have no choice but to abandon their hilarious "loyalty" policy by replacing the grossly out of form Morgan with their best player in Ponga.

They went went with Morgan because up until 2 days before the match they thought Slater was their FB.

First Grade
Congratulations to Kalyn on being selected for the QLD team. I hope he has a great game and is injury free but plays on a losing team.

Dave_

Juniors
Feel sorry for Ponga. Shit team and coach to debut with. A lot of blame will fall on him when they lose.

King hit

Coach
Still wonder if Ponga will be up to it. Sure I can see why he was picked but he still comes up with errors that puts his team under pressure. I counted 3 in the first half alone yesterday. The Maroons had to take a risk and they have done it, it will keep the Blues guessing.

Dave_

Juniors
Still wonder if Ponga will be up to it. Sure I can see why he was picked but he still comes up with errors that puts his team under pressure. I counted 3 in the first half alone yesterday. The Maroons had to take a risk and they have done it, it will keep the Blues guessing.
Those 3 errors were pretty much the only ones ges made this year though and Melbourne were all over him. He still single handedly kept Newy in the game too.

I just think there is a lot of pressure on him to save the 2 heads who are outclassed and in a do or die position. Then again...he might win it for them

Noname36

First Grade

He certainly makes errors (all young players do) but he can also win you a game. I don’t think yesterday’s game is really a far indication either. He and his whole side were making mistake after mistake, but usually he’ll make 1-2 per game but then do 10 brilliant things. I also think he was trying too hard yesterday because the halves weren’t able to create anything.

If Qld didn’t struggle so much for creativity in game 1 I could see them leaving him out but as things stand I don’t think they had a choice. They’d find someone safer but nobody with a better chance of creating something for them.

isaiah

Bench
No Morgan is a big blow for NSW.

QLD now have no choice but to abandon their hilarious "loyalty" policy by replacing the grossly out of form Morgan with their best player in Ponga.
Best nrl player and probably will take the step up when he adjusts to the pace and intensity. Hope so. Pressure is on nsw , if we win this, we win the series

SBD82

Coach
Best nrl player and probably will take the step up when he adjusts to the pace and intensity. Hope so. Pressure is on nsw , if we win this, we win the series
Hope Ponga completely shits the bed but can't see it happening. The kid is a freak.

Not sure about your pressure theory though. Even by your criteria it means that NSW is at worst under the same amount of pressure as qld. (If we win we win the series).

isaiah

Bench
Hope Ponga completely shits the bed but can't see it happening. The kid is a freak.

Not sure about your pressure theory though. Even by your criteria it means that NSW is at worst under the same amount of pressure as qld. (If we win we win the series).
Except the mind can not give it everything if you are convinced you will have another chance if beaten

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Great. Now I get the chance to see this kid do things on a football field that no other player has or can do.

We'll see.

SBD82

Coach
Except the mind can not give it everything if you are convinced you will have another chance if beaten
Wait. So they're under pressure because they're not putting themselves under pressure? That's a strange line of logic.