What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Qrl Gf

XXXX Cap

Juniors
Very good atmosphere at the game. Crowd close to 7000 - not that bad given the weather conditions, no Brisbane teams and limited media coverage.

Where else would you play it ? A non-neutral venue again ?

zulu

Juniors
Had they played that game at Dolphin Oval it would have struggled for 3,000.

I reckon they should have played it at Dairy Farmers where they could have got 10-15,000 and a much better atmos. It's time for the QRL to strategically place the QLD Cup final. Suncorp for the Brisbane teams if one earns the right to host it, Carrara or Robina for the Gold Coast teams and Dairy Farmers for the young guns. CQ will never make it. They don't sell enough tickets to justify having it locked in for one venue from the start of the year.

Kingytek

Juniors
Simple, Young guns are a reserve to the NQ Cowboys and the Storm players have mostly come from the brisbane area not to mention the Norths fielding a side in the Colts GF I think that the Storm v. Cowboys game should have been moved to suncorp for the Q cup being a curtain raiser for the weekend semi. Would have been a great day for qld footy!

XXXX Cap

Juniors
It will be a sad day when the Queensland Cup Grand Final is played as a curtain raiser to anything.I can't speak for others, but for me the appeal of the Cup is that it's not the NRL - and I would hate to have to pay to go to an NRL game I'm not interest in just to see the Grand Final.

Tigertread

Juniors
XXXX Cap said:
It will be a sad day when the Queensland Cup Grand Final is played as a curtain raiser to anything.I can't speak for others, but for me the appeal of the Cup is that it's not the NRL - and I would hate to have to pay to go to an NRL game I'm not interest in just to see the Grand Final.
Totally agree

Kingytek

Juniors
I was thinking about more exposure to the QLD cup to qld familes because qrl dont market the games real well.
I also thought the numbers at a game for the qld cup would be a better atmosphere, you can't tell me it did suck sitting in a seat and every seat across from you was empty. Obviously just a thought!

Seagullsrock

Juniors
Kingytek said:
I was thinking about more exposure to the QLD cup to qld familes because qrl dont market the games real well.
I also thought the numbers at a game for the qld cup would be a better atmosphere, you can't tell me it did suck sitting in a seat and every seat across from you was empty. Obviously just a thought!

If you held the Qld Cup as a curtain raiser to the NRL, 3/4 of the crowd wouldn't know what qld cup is and would probably just sit at the bar till the nrl started. Also, Suncorp always looks empty until about ten minutes till the game which would be the NRL in this case and fills very quickly.

Tigertread

Juniors
Big Mick © said:
What was the result in the Mixwell Cup grand final?

[font=verdana,arial]Mixwell A Grade Cup - Grand Final: September 17

[/font]
[font=verdana,arial]EASTS TIGERS 31

vs
BURLEIGH BEARS 22
[/font]

EASTS TIGERS 31
Tries: Don Malone 2, Josh Essex, Shane Neumann, Aaron Kuskey, Alex Fata
Goals: Josh Henaway 3
F/Goals: Aaron Kuskey
Team: Nathan Forde, John Andrews, Josh Essex, Don Malone, Shane Neumann, Josh Henaway, Jermaine Packer, Nathan Vagg, Rowan Graham, Ben Bourke, Matt Elley, Alex Fata, Aaron Kuskey. Interchange: Scott Young, Adam Simon, Dean Howard, Aaron Borey
defeated BURLEIGH BEARS 22
Tries: Mark Commens, Faron Anderson, Nick Edwards, Matt Francis, Paul Marzella
Goals: Phil Ramage
Team: Phil Ramage, Mark Commens, Hayden Allsop, Damon Booby, Faron Anderson, Clay Harris, Jeremy Papworth, Stu Cheffirs, Matt Francis, Nick Edwards, Afa Gafa, Travis Simpson, Dean Allen. Interchange: Chris Hodges, Oti Gafa, Simon Cooke, Paul Marzella
</FONT>
Venue: Suncorp Stadium Date: Sat Sep 17 12:15pm
Referee: Shane Spicer
Penalties: Burleigh 8-1
Half time: 10-all
First Try: Don Malone (Easts)
Match Comments:
Sin bin: Matt Francis (Burleigh), Josh Henaway (Easts)

http://www.rleague.com/game.php?id=15323