What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quade Cooper quits Wallabies - linked to NRL

chrisD

Coach
Watching that, and I know bugger-all about union, but it appears quade's game would be better suited to league

It is, by far, he's a league 5/8 trapped playing professional forcemans back. Well, not trapped anymore.

All the Union fanboys come out and suddenly Quade is a better league player than half the competition.

Bet he isn't a patch on Union sevens players though, that's were the real athletes are.

He is one of the best 32 rugby (either code) playmakers in the world, and very entertaining. The NRL would benefit from him being here and someone like Walsh f**king not.

Joker's Wild

Coach
I think he would make a better fullback than 5/8. He can be lethal in broken play.

Pity he is a giant pussy though

Didgi

Storm can take him, a year behind Funch and under Bellamy might toughen him up a bit.

roarr

Juniors
He's not gonna make it in league if he wants to start off in the "600k+ top tier" category (Marshall/Thurston/Barba etc). It seems that's the advice he would be getting from Khoder Nasser's crew but not many clubs would be taking the bait.

He's a pretty incredible marketing tool for the Reds, and he could provide a bit of star power to some clubs as he'd be more known around the world than almost all NRL stars. But with the salary cap, you just cant spend that much on an unknown quantity (unless your GWS or f**king stupid).

If he wanted to do the hard yards and prove himself first I'm sure he'd be worth the gamble... but he just doesn't seem that like kind of guy.

Spot On

Coach
Could only imagine the damage a player like Slater would do playing at the back in some of the games shown in that union package. There's only one defender to beat on most occasion.