What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quade Cooper to join Roosters with $BW?

BunniesMan

Immortal
How can the Roosters possibly have close enough to 2 million in cap room for SBW and Quade.

I don't think he'd go that good so hope they do get him.

chrisD

Coach
Have no idea where they'd play him, which makes me thinks it's just still crap coming from his end. He's a half for mine, not suited to fb.

Perth Red

Post Whore
If you had a million $'s why wouldn't you sign Tomkins from Wigan rather than take a punt on an untried onion?

chrisD

Coach
We got hit up Corey Norman playing 6 for one of our premier clubs, there is clearly a shortage of halves with ball playing and running skills, that's why a club may decide to take the punt. I hope they do, if nothing else when let loose he is an entertainer. I'd take him at my club, but then that's not saying a lot considering Walsh is our established 7.

BunniesMan

Immortal
If you had a million $'s why wouldn't you sign Tomkins from Wigan rather than take a punt on an untried onion?
Because Tomkins doesn't have the balls to give it a go over here? If he did it would have happened by now. He's happy being a big fish in a small pond.

reanimate

Bench
Because Tomkins doesn't have the balls to give it a go over here? If he did it would have happened by now. He's happy being a big fish in a small pond.

Tomkins is only 23. Graham didn't make it over here until he was turning 27 and look what he's achieved. He's been one of the NRL's best forwards all year and is now in line to win a premiership.

babyg

Juniors
I'd take just so we can claim 100% in australias greatest athlete.

He's too much much of a liability in the frontline so the only option would be fulback. For the record I think he'd go well.

innerwestrabbit

Juniors
Quade may not be the greatest defender, but he is no worse, than a lot of halves running around in the NRL. Josh Reynolds, not exactly great, Darren Lockyer early days at 5/8 was not great. I could list a few more. But like those two it's not through fear. He is big, strong, fast, great passing game, great on his feet. I don't know, too me it's a no brainer, he would be fantastic. He plays Union like a league player.

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/union-news/wallabies-are-destroying-me-cooper-20120927-26o64.html

Wallabies five-eighth Quade Cooper says the national team is "destroying" him and that he would not play for Australia if he was picked in the team today.
In an extraordinary few moments live on pay television on Thursday night, the injured playmaker said he stood by his comments last week that the Wallabies environment was "toxic".
"I'm just striving to be the best that I can be and that's why I said I didn't want to be involved in that kind of environment," Cooper said.
"For me to continue to improve as a player and as a person you want to be in the best possible environment and I feel that that environment is destroying me as a person and as a player, so that I can't do the best that I can do to represent my country and my family and my friends, to the best of my ability."
Advertisement
When asked if he would play for the Wallabies if he was picked in the side, Cooper said he would not.
"No, like I said, it's the environment there at the moment is one that I don't feel comfortable in and if I don't feel comfortable and if I don't feel that I can give 100 per cent for my country and that yellow jersey, that's a very big problem," he said.
The Reds five-eighth's comments follow attacks he made on Twitter last week against national coach Robbie Deans and the culture in the Wallabies squad at the moment.
Cooper said his comments were not aimed at Deans personally and the pair had exchanged text messages this week.

Meth

Staff member
Rugby League already has a Quade Cooper. He's called Todd Carney. Although Todd Carney doesn't self-destruct as often.

This is one of 2 things. Either Quade is using Rugby League to try to get his way with the ARU, or he genuinely is interested in following SBW to play with the Roosters. I think they (Choc, SBW and Quade) should all move in with Khoder as well. Make it a reality TV show.

Last edited:

coolsteve

Juniors
Rugby League already has a Quade Cooper. He's called Todd Carney. Although Todd Carney doesn't self-destruct as often.

This is one of 2 things. Either Quade is using Rugby League to try to get his way with the ARU, or he genuinely is interested in following SBW to play with the Roosters. I think they (Choc, SBW and Quade) should all move in with Khoder as well. Make it a reality TV show.
could call it The Good,The Bad and the Dickhead

franklin2323

Immortal
I'd take just so we can claim 100% in australias greatest athlete.

He's too much much of a liability in the frontline so the only option would be fulback. For the record I think he'd go well.

Yep. Minichello to the wing. Cooper in the 1

chrisD

Coach
Now that's premeditated. The twitter outburst most likely was just a dopey bloke spouting whatever came to mind, but he and Kod would have gone over their plan before he did the show. So Deans goes or he tries to make it in League, and if League won't have him you'd think France. If the Wallys lose in SA and Argentina Deans will likely go anyway.

Latest posts