What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quarter Finals

t-ba

Post Whore
Yay!

Go ersatz Netherlands! It would be funny if they won one before real Netherlands.

Bye bye flopmar.

t-ba

Post Whore
I don't know but Brazil use to do it and it looked great. Now they just plod.

Na mate, tiki-taka was a style of football developed by Dutch managers at Barcelona and adopted by the Spanish team during its golden era. It's best described by that Simpsons episode if you ask me but I am not a purist.

T-Boon

Coach
Na mate, tiki-taka was a style of football developed by Dutch managers at Barcelona and adopted by the Spanish team during its golden era. It's best described by that Simpsons episode if you ask me but I am not a purist.

Okay.
What is the style of play that Brazil used pre Dunga. I remember people wept after Dunga took charge and started playing boring as f**k soccer. They have played that way ever since.

Last edited:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
well I for one am glad the Brazilian dive-a-thon is over, its not just Neymar, it seems to be part of their culture

they used to be one of my favourite teams, now they are just degrading the game of football, so happy to see Belgium get up this morning, even found myself cheering for them

I think Belgium might give the final a bit of a shake, not a team full of stars but they are well coached and play as a team and also tend to stay on their feet and play the ball without all the diving

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
I think Belgium might give the final a bit of a shake, not a team full of stars but they are well coached and play as a team a4nd also tend to stay on their feet and play the ball without all the diving
France vs Belgium. Big sister vs little sister.

Hope it's 0 - 0 after extra time, tied after the penalty shootout and tied for the number of bookings until they run out of criteria.

Worthy of a replay. Mflappe to go off injured with chipped nail polish after clearly being kicked in the balls.....er.....I mean merkin.

Game_Breaker

Coach
well I for one am glad the Brazilian dive-a-thon is over, its not just Neymar, it seems to be part of their culture

they used to be one of my favourite teams, now they are just degrading the game of football, so happy to see Belgium get up this morning, even found myself cheering for them

I think Belgium might give the final a bit of a shake, not a team full of stars but they are well coached and play as a team and also tend to stay on their feet and play the ball without all the diving

Yeah, they have grown on me as the tournament progressed
Belgium have better EPL players than the English team
They're now the highest ranked team left in the WC

They definitely have a real shot

t-ba

Post Whore
People pay a fortune for that.

I always wondered why Swedes were such a good looking bunch and then I found out they had a goverment eugenics program in the first half of the 20th century and then imported Persians in the last quarter of the 20th century...results speak for themselves I guess...

Pommy

Coach
Sterling desperately needs a goal,l just to relax him, he is doing the hard part the rest should just be instinct.

Tommy Smith

Referee
I wouldn't feed Sterling.

No idea how he gets a game in the Prem, let alone for England.

Dele Ali has been shite this tournament too. Should be a spin bowler, not a footballer :D

Apart from that they've been really good but no time for complacency.