What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Queensland could win 10 in a row" - Ricky Stuart

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
New Parramatta Eels coach Ricky Stuart believes Queensland could win as many as 10 series in a row.

Stuart's dire prediction came as he was unveiled at Parramatta.
While not ruling himself out of staying on as New South Wales coach, Stuart said only the right appointment could end the Maroons' seven-year dominance.
"If they don't make the right decision over the coming weeks, in regards to NSW, Queensland will go on to win 10 series in a row," he said.
"I'm certainly not walking away from Origin ... I love Origin, I certainly don't need to explain that.

"This is an opportunity I've been waiting for, I've been waiting for an opportunity I'm comfortable with and it's arrived and I'd never say no because this is going to be exciting." Speaking during his first press conference as Eels coach, Stuart said Origin would always be close to his heart. The former Sydney Roosters and Cronulla coach was in charge of the last two Origin series. His second stint in charge of the Blues heralded a much more competitive showing but ultimately fell short.

"A part of me will always be empty because I didn't win," he said.
"I wanted to win for the NSW people, our supporters and the players.
"It's a very important decision for NSW Rugby League and if I can assist them in that decision I most certainly will because I care for Orign football and I care for NSW.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...-origin-in-a-row/story-fn31yxah-1226436651337

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Not sure about 10 in a row but they will certainly make it 8 in a row next year,no chance New Plod Wales will win a series when two games are played at Derpcorp

Knightmare

Coach
:lol: Derpcorp- sounds like the name of a geniused Transformer.

Whoever coaches NSW next year, needs to be a coach that inspires rather than getting into heavy playing structures and game plans. The first outcome NSW should aim for is to win Game 1 at Suncorp- that way they go 1 up in the series with the next game at ANZ for them to claim the series. Waiting until Game 2 to win and take the series to Suncorp again is a big ask, plus the refs are almost always going to make the 50/50 calls in favour of the home side...

Sooky's appeal to remain as the Blues coach would rest upon a firmer foundation, if he had won two Origin series in a row.

So how does carrying the distraction of redeeming the wooden-spooners from the bottom of the ladder, enhance Sooky's Origin credentials? :?

Sooky knew when he weighed-up the offer from Parra, that he'd be jeopardising the Blues coaching position. He was already on $150,000 per year to be the Blues guru with the promise that he'd get a fat raise if he stayed. He couldn't say that he was leaving because he needed the money.

The truth would more likely be that with a close series, now was the time to bail. He could hitch his star to the Origin campaign ( "we got close"). Thereby keeping the perception of the Sooky 'brand' as a 'Master-Coach'. Let's face it, a loss like last year's Game 3 slaughter would have taken many thousands of dollars off his perceived worth. Best to bail when he can walk away with a bit of the shine from this year's series. Especially since it coincided with Kearney's imminent departure. Would Sookster risk saying he'd stay with the Blues if that meant the possibility that Parra would successfully look elsewhere for their coach?

Not likely.

Sook had to jump when he did to keep the gloss on his reputation. It worked. A savvy business decision. He has snagged the Parra contract. Now he thinks it safe to talk himself up as the best man for the Blues job. :crazy:

Sooky, if you were the best man for the Blues job, you could simply have turned-down the Parra contract. After all, you were already the Blues coach. You didn't have to throw your hat into the ring for the job: It was yours. So answer me this Sooky - If the Blues coaching job means so much to you - why did you turn your back on it? You knew the NSWRL's desire for a stand-alone Origin coach. That was the condition upon which you were appointed to the position of Origin coach of NSW. This was the change which was designed to stop the rot. A Blues coach with no club duty distractions.

So Sooky you walk away from the Blues coaching position by taking-on Parramatta, then whine that NSW is in danger of being swamped by QLD. You know, it's still early days. You could walk away from your Parramatta contract. You are still the NSW coach. If you really value the Blues coaching position, you could show how much you are prepared to sacrifice for the Blues by nipping the fly in the oinment club coaching position in the bud.

How about it Sook. If you really value the Blues, show them. If not, they would be justified in thinking that you really only put them in some other position than Number 1 in your priorities. Do you think that they want a coach who has other priorities, or that this situation benefits rather than diminishes the Blues campaign?

Who are you kidding Sookster? Put the money where your mouth is. You can't be loyal to the Blues and water-down their chances simultaneously. It goes against reason. Scuttle the Parramatta venture and revive the Blues chances.

Or could it be Sooky that you don't really want to be the Blues coach? What happens if the NSWRL go along with your turncoat position that they have to give in to you. Then they would be appointing a man who no longer wants to be coach. What happens if they call your bluff, Sook? It's not a good look for the Blues. The coach dropping the potato and all. It doesn't give you the credentials of valuing the Blues jersey now does it?

Last edited:

some11

Referee
Whoever coaches NSW next year, needs to be a coach that inspires rather than getting into heavy playing structures and game plans. The first outcome NSW should aim for is to win Game 1 at Suncorp- that way they go 1 up in the series with the next game at ANZ for them to claim the series. Waiting until Game 2 to win and take the series to Suncorp again is a big ask, plus the refs are almost always going to make the 50/50 calls in favour of the home side...

[youtube]MhtednkzJl4[/youtube]

Slammin

Juniors
The first outcome NSW should aim for is to win Game 1 at Suncorp- that way they go 1 up in the series with the next game at ANZ for them to claim the series.

Excellent strategy. NSWs needs "out of the box" thinkers like you. With that high level of strategic thinking you could easily be a general one day.

Chook Norris

First Grade
:lol: Derpcorp- sounds like the name of a geniused Transformer.

I actually sort of disagree with that. The past two series have been full of inspired performances for the blues. One thing we did lack though was a good playing structure that took advantage of the good field position. Now that the blues have got their determination, hunger and heart back.. maybe now would be the best time to finally get coach with a solid attacking game plan

Mr Saab

Referee
I actually sort of disagree with that. The past two series have been full of inspired performances for the blues. One thing we did lack though was a good playing structure that took advantage of the good field position. Now that the blues have got their determination, hunger and heart back.. maybe now would be the best time to finally get coach with a solid attacking game plan

What NSW lacked was a coach who can pick a bench that has some meaning.
Stuart has been clueless in using his bench since he started his career a sa coach.
Jamie Buher was a massive waste...as was going into games with one prop on the bench.

Added to that they need to clone Andrew Johns ASAP.

Hutty1986

Immortal
We should have won the series this year & that's with our f**king hooker being our main playmaker. They'll probably give dud Carney another run next year but piss Pearce off & we'll finally break this drought.

Noa

First Grade
If they don't make the right decision over the coming weeks, in regards to NSW, Queensland will go on to win 10 series in a row," he said.
"I'm certainly not walking away from Origin ... I love Origin, I certainly don't need to explain that.

Lol Ricky, always looking to fellate himself.

What a wanker

Knightmare

Coach
Sticky is an angry little ant, and a tad arrogant, but at least he appreciates what the game of Rugby League has done for him ;-)

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Lol love the Blues flogs attacking Sticky for being realistic in the face of a dumb as dogshit NSW media who would rather lick Toads ( ;) ) then tell it like it is.

Doomednow

Bench
Enjoy Parra Ricky.

I would give Gus another go if he was interested. Would it conflict with his Penrith job?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Sooky's appeal to remain as the Blues coach would rest upon a firmer foundation, if he had won two Origin series in a row.

So how does carrying the distraction of redeeming the wooden-spooners from the bottom of the ladder, enhance Sooky's Origin credentials? :?

Sooky knew when he weighed-up the offer from Parra, that he'd be jeopardising the Blues coaching position. He was already on $150,000 per year to be the Blues guru with the promise that he'd get a fat raise if he stayed. He couldn't say that he was leaving because he needed the money.

The truth would more likely be that with a close series, now was the time to bail. He could hitch his star to the Origin campaign ( "we got close"). Thereby keeping the perception of the Sooky 'brand' as a 'Master-Coach'. Let's face it, a loss like last year's Game 3 slaughter would have taken many thousands of dollars off his perceived worth. Best to bail when he can walk away with a bit of the shine from this year's series. Especially since it coincided with Kearney's imminent departure. Would Sookster risk saying he'd stay with the Blues if that meant the possibility that Parra would successfully look elsewhere for their coach?

Not likely.

Sook had to jump when he did to keep the gloss on his reputation. It worked. A savvy business decision. He has snagged the Parra contract. Now he thinks it safe to talk himself up as the best man for the Blues job. :crazy:

Sooky, if you were the best man for the Blues job, you could simply have turned-down the Parra contract. After all, you were already the Blues coach. You didn't have to throw your hat into the ring for the job: It was yours. So answer me this Sooky - If the Blues coaching job means so much to you - why did you turn your back on it? You knew the NSWRL's desire for a stand-alone Origin coach. That was the condition upon which you were appointed to the position of Origin coach of NSW. This was the change which was designed to stop the rot. A Blues coach with no club duty distractions.

So Sooky you walk away from the Blues coaching position by taking-on Parramatta, then whine that NSW is in danger of being swamped by QLD. You know, it's still early days. You could walk away from your Parramatta contract. You are still the NSW coach. If you really value the Blues coaching position, you could show how much you are prepared to sacrifice for the Blues by nipping the fly in the oinment club coaching position in the bud.

How about it Sook. If you really value the Blues, show them. If not, they would be justified in thinking that you really only put them in some other position than Number 1 in your priorities. Do you think that they want a coach who has other priorities, or that this situation benefits rather than diminishes the Blues campaign?

Who are you kidding Sookster? Put the money where your mouth is. You can't be loyal to the Blues and water-down their chances simultaneously. It goes against reason. Scuttle the Parramatta venture and revive the Blues chances.

Or could it be Sooky that you don't really want to be the Blues coach? What happens if the NSWRL go along with your turncoat position that they have to give in to you. Then they would be appointing a man who no longer wants to be coach. What happens if they call your bluff, Sook? It's not a good look for the Blues. The coach dropping the potato and all. It doesn't give you the credentials of valuing the Blues jersey now does it?

I don't think I've ever read a more ridiculous post in my entire life.

That's a life where I've seen Bunniesman and Big Bad Sharks Fan grace these forums.

You sir, need to learn what it is to celebrate.

The fact you still whine and bitch about NSW and what they do tells me you still have a chip on your shoulder.

Knightmare

Coach
I don't think I've ever read a more ridiculous post in my entire life.

That's a life where I've seen Bunniesman and Big Bad Sharks Fan grace these forums.

You sir, need to learn what it is to celebrate.

The fact you still whine and bitch about NSW and what they do tells me you still have a chip on your shoulder.

:lol: Ouch.

Mind you, BBSF was at least good entertainment value, and his contributions were actually worth reading from beginning to end, unlike the OP....