What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Queenslander!

Dazzat

First Grade
So this was all a ploy just to get my phone number aye

No thanks Daz, you're just not my type ;-)

Yes, I've been found out. I'm setting up a service for NSW supporters. In the event of the five-peat, we'll be offering phone counseling, and we need phone numbers.

It's the least we can do.:D

hellteam

First Grade
Noticed today on the backpage of the CM some ex Qld players and people in the QRL called NSW (possibly) giving Gasnier an Origin spot "Reeking of desperation". Is this "Knocking NSW again" or fair and constructive argument, like people (both sides of the Tweed) wondering out loud if Lockyer made the best decision to go around again this year? Hmmm.

It does reek of desperation. To consider picking a guy who probably has touched the ball about 10 times and kicked it every time in 2 years sounds very desperate. NSW don't need to consider him, I reckon the people they got there now are better options.

Lockyer has still got it. I guess we'll really see come Origin time but I honestly think he is the best option for us at five eight, I didn't at the start of the year, but his form in the last few weeks, and especially without Smith and Thurston (possibly), we need him there for Origin.

Joker's Wild

Coach
But the foundation Origin player said he would not stop players having fun in camp, despite his dissatisfaction with preparation for the 2009 dead rubber at Suncorp Stadium when Meninga said the players let the fans down.

Pass the Stilnox and Red Bull on the left hand side

I can't wait for Wednesday.

I don't think I can listen to another queerslander speaking about the "unspoken spirit of qld", which is actually spoken about annually.

It's enoungh to make a normal person scream "Queenslanderrrr", like some sort of freckle-nosed, inbred ranga from Ipswich.

NSW by 13+

B.Morris FTS

Dazzat

First Grade
The ironic thing is NSW fans, players and commentators bring it up more than we do.

Exactly, I think Phil Gould, Andrew Johns and Brad Fittler sum up the Queensland spirit very eloquently. I've heard them talk about it ... even passionately. You could almost tape it, and play it before a game in the Queensland dressing room.

Thanks Phil.

Knightmare

Coach
Gus is smart. He loves to use the reverse-phsycology. It's why NSW were such a great team under his guidance because he'd say "Come on, that mob up north reckon nobody is more passionate about Origin than they are- are you going to let them go on thinking that?" and that's all it would take to fire the Blues boys up.

Johns Magic

Referee
Origin is the only thing Queensland has had over NSW in recent memory as a state. For a few years it was sort of cute that they won, just like it is whenever the West Indies are going half-decent in cricket these days. We even looked past their cheating that still goes on today just so they could be more competitive.

The best part about beating Queensland this year will be that it means so much to them that they're so willing to cheat. And the NSW side will do it legitimately.

Big Pete

Referee
Origin is the only thing Queensland has had over NSW in recent memory as a state. For a few years it was sort of cute that they won, just like it is whenever the West Indies are going half-decent in cricket these days. We even looked past their cheating that still goes on today just so they could be more competitive.

The best part about beating Queensland this year will be that it means so much to them that they're so willing to cheat. And the NSW side will do it legitimately.

Yes because NSW never tried to legitimately take QLD players out illegally.

The sad thing is, you try and cheat and your state still ends up losing.

But hey, it's your coach/selectors/refs fault isn't it? It's never the fact that Queensland have the superior side.

Dazzat

First Grade

Really?! I recall a story from the last summer Olympics that Queensland, pro rata, is miles ahead of all other states in regard to national representation. Mate ... some states have just got IT.

Johns Magic

Referee
Yes because NSW never tried to legitimately take QLD players out illegally.

The sad thing is, you try and cheat and your state still ends up losing.

But hey, it's your coach/selectors/refs fault isn't it? It's never the fact that Queensland have the superior side.

Correction. The Queensland/NSW/NZ Barbarians have a superior side.

cornerposter

Juniors
Really? That's the best you can hope for out of Origin! :lol:
NSW'kers just don't get it.

Big Pete

Referee
Correction. The Queensland/NSW/NZ Barbarians have a superior side.

The fact it gets up your hides so much is so sad, yet hilarious.

Queensland wasn't even the first state to break the eligibility rule. The way you guys claimed Steve Rogers was quite hilarious, somehow his entire history on the Coast was wiped clean and somehow he was found eligible for NSW. But hey only Qld cheats.

Don't forget Polla-Mounter either. But of course, NSW don't cheat, no not once not ever.

Oh and who knows what the deal is about Nagas. Some say he qualifies for Kyogle but then again they're probably the same people who claimed Rogers and Polla-Mounter.

But yes keep trying to spin it however you choose. The more you and try and take these victories away from us, the sadder the post gets.

Dazzat

First Grade
The fact it gets up your hides so much is so sad, yet hilarious.

Queensland wasn't even the first state to break the eligibility rule. The way you guys claimed Steve Rogers was quite hilarious, somehow his entire history on the Coast was wiped clean and somehow he was found eligible for NSW. But hey only Qld cheats.

Don't forget Polla-Mounter either. But of course, NSW don't cheat, no not once not ever.

Oh and who knows what the deal is about Nagas. Some say he qualifies for Kyogle but then again they're probably the same people who claimed Rogers and Polla-Mounter.

But yes keep trying to spin it however you choose. The more you and try and take these victories away from us, the sadder the post gets.

***** the sound of crickets south of the Tweed *********

Latest posts