What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question for Red V fan forum - Goal kicking

Nugby

Juniors
If anyone's headed to the Red V Fan Forum, could you ask why we don't just use Gasnier and Soward to goal kick on their preferred sides? I've got no idea what the basis for deciding our goalkicker each time is at the moment but it's certainly not an obvious or intelligent one and we'll continue to lose games on kicking.

Melbourne used to do this a treat with Orford and Cam Smith, why can't we rip that off rather than a wrestling style?

Slackboy72

Coach
Yeah I thought the same thing but on second thought neither of them seem to swing the ball. This would negate the need to have them kicking from a preferred side. Gasnier is a pretty straight kick so it shouldn't matter which side he kicks from and Soward the same.

I guess it's good for both to get goalkicking time unless it appears one is having trouble.

juanfarkall

Coach
I can't make the Red Vee Forums due to distance but would appreciate it if someone asked when Doust's contract ends.
I vaguely recall that questions have to be submitted beforehand, so I doubt that the question would be answered.... still it would be nice to put "Thick not Slick" on the spot.

Nugby

Juniors
Gaz nailed a sideline kick against the Titans with no curve but he sure couldn't manage the same after Morris' try on Saturday. Think questions have to be submitted sometime Sunday. Can't be bothered gettting the Red V magazine from upstairs to check. Good call, Preach. God help us if it's a windy day and Rangi elects to put the finger on it for him!

Dragooner

Bench
Try down the left side - Gaz on his right foot
Try down the right side - Soward on his left foot

This way they both have the natural curve behind it even though they are fairly straight kickers. So if it does curve it is more likely to curl back in as opposed to away.

Gaz only kicks early on in the game. Soward takes over after Gaz get jelly legs?

That's the only reason i can come up with..:?

xofstgeorge

Juniors
gaz has to justify his massive pay cheque these days, seeing as tho no one will pass him the ball, he has to get his ppg avg up.

This Year?

Immortal
Why can't there be just one kicker? Another case of overcomplicating something which doesn't need to be done.

Mr Red

First Grade
Why can't there be just one kicker? Another case of overcomplicating something which doesn't need to be done.

yeah exactly - another example of our idiot coach over complicating things. thanks god we dont have to put up with him next season.

Latest posts