What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question for Titans fans and folks from the West of Sydney

AuckMel

Bench
Anyone thinking of taking out a club membership for the Suns or Giants?

If not, are you thinking of going to any games?

Also, it would be interesting to get a view from fans as to how much interest is building in both teams and especially the Suns who get going next year.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
The Giants aren't in the AFL next season I cant see them getting too much of a following.

magic_johnson!

Juniors
Apparently Ablett's :)x) head is all over the place on the gold coast, and there is quite a bit of buz, particularly around draft time. They have processed over 3,000 memberships in the past week.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Apparently Ablett's :)x) head is all over the place on the gold coast, and there is quite a bit of buz, particularly around draft time. They have processed over 3,000 memberships in the past week.
stop listening to the idiots at bigpoofy who post nothing but sh*t and only see what they want to see

Tablett junior even admits nobody on the GC knows who the f**k he is

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/ablett-just-one-of-the-boys-at-suns-20101122-1845a.html

''There's not as much AFL up here. You can walk around the streets a bit more and not get noticed, which is good."

he would be shaking his head in disbelief if he read the crap at bigpoofy

there is no big buzz!

meatloaf

Juniors
Plenty of Media Coverage of the Suns up here for the inaugral season. Even though this is a Rugby League town there are alot of Victorians that have moved here and brang there kids up with AFL. Im sure alot of the hype will go away once they start losing games.

Also I dont plan on getting a membership

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
I just realised I have not heard one person mention the new AFL teams in a conversation this year… Considering where I live/work this is actually surprising.

I’ve seen articles in the papers but that’s all paid for by AFL contra deals or whatever, even when it was just the Lions/Swans it wasn’t a good indicator of interest.

magic_johnson!

Juniors
I just realised I have not heard one person mention the new AFL teams in a conversation this year… Considering where I live/work this is actually surprising.

I’ve seen articles in the papers but that’s all paid for by AFL contra deals or whatever, even when it was just the Lions/Swans it wasn’t a good indicator of interest.
Where do you live?

El Diablo

Post Whore

the GC Bulletin has a bit on them but that was always expected http://www.smh.com.au/news/sport/bully-boys-back-afl-over-titans/2008/07/06/1215282650283.html

axl rose

Bench
Tablett junior

haha. Actually I enjoy the odd game of AFL for its fast pace but there has been so much nonsense flying around about the Suns/GWS its farcical. Goebbles/Sheedy is the master at it. The funny thing is the people on bigfooty who buy it hook line and sinker are fans of clubs in Melb who will be under threat in the next 10 years due to these new franchises.

Parra Pride

Coach
No plans to even watch the game on TV let alone actually going to watch it live, I have better things to do with my time, like watch paint dry.

LatK7

First Grade
No plans to attend any GWS games or watch on TV. Even if i wanted to it's still a fair trek out to Sydney Showground from the Greater West.

BDGS

Bench
Anyone thinking of taking out a club membership for the Suns or Giants?

If not, are you thinking of going to any games?

Also, it would be interesting to get a view from fans as to how much interest is building in both teams and especially the Suns who get going next year.

The level of hate that Greater Western Sydney had for AFl was about an 8/10. Now that we are getting a team nobody in western Sydney asked for. the level of hate is 11/10.

No body cares about AFL out here, so take the the team you call Greater Western Sydney that plays in the Central west and Canberra that steals colours and players from the NRL, thats last name appeals to Americans and not people of the Greater Western Sydney region, whose players live on the coast and junior base is North Sydney not Greater Western Sydney and put it in Tasmania you dumb AFL sh*ts.

babyg

Juniors
stop listening to the idiots at bigpoofy who post nothing but sh*t and only see what they want to see

Tablett junior even admits nobody on the GC knows who the f**k he is

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/ablett-just-one-of-the-boys-at-suns-20101122-1845a.html

he would be shaking his head in disbelief if he read the crap at bigpoofy

there is no big buzz!

Haha I had to laugh when I heard him say that nobody recognises him. Simply because that has got to be one of the ugliest heads I've even seen.

Apart from the media I haven't heard too much from the Lions members I know.

queenslandfan

Juniors
As a titans member, I'm definetely not considering buying a suns membership. I might go to one game, mainly to check out the stadium. I have watched AFL numerous times on TV and have always been bored by it's constant fumbling and rewarding of bad kicks. A team on the coast with an ex broncos player will not change my opinion on the sport.

soc123_au

Staff member
I live in Penrith & would rather cut slithers off my dick with a rusty razor blade or become a member of 5ouffs than go to an AFL match. So probably wont be getting a membership.

As a Cowboys fan who has the Tits as a 2nd team (hate the Broncos),& who has to travel about 3 hrs to watch the Tits play,,i would not walk across the road at gunpoint to watch some hatracks in singlets fumble & bumble for two hours...