What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R16 Sun - Dragons v Manly *SPOILERS*

Cletus

First Grade
Yeah, congratulations Dragons' fans. good win for you guys. I still think the "oust Doust" campaign should keep going until his arse is bleeding with punishment from Dragons fans.
Dragons seemed to try as hard as they could to gift us the game, but we still couldn't take it.

Matt Orford is dreadful at the moment. The number of kicks I've seen plow into opposition players in the last few weeks is rediculous. He's got some talent, but for f**ks sake sit on the sideline for a few weeks and get your body right. It gave me the sh*ts round one vs. Canberra where he does his knee and keeps playing. Love your guts but week one? Get real. Then Origin comes and he comes back early. Great, love your guts but get your body right!!

Wasn't too dissapointed in the effort or the game. Manly just don't seem to be able to win without Stewart. Hicks and Robertson aren't a pimple on his arse at fullback.

Far too many offloads as well, but I realy didn't mind that. But we really needed someone to take it foward. Really impressed with Glenn Stewart again, incredible improvement from last year. Hall has been impressive this year as well. Great to see Cuthbertson get a try but he needs to get the lard off his arse.

Anyway, congratulations long suffering Saints fans:D

Southernsaint

Staff member
Niall the Nasty said:
Yeah, congratulations Dragons' fans. good win for you guys. I still think the "oust Doust" campaign should keep going until his arse is bleeding with punishment from Dragons fans.

Dunno what passes for a good time up at Military Rd but f**king Mullet Man isn't high on the list "between the Cook's & George's".

A medium quality game that was livened up by youth, enthusiasm and a bit of stupidity.

Aas for Doust. Hey Pete, have a long, hard think about life each moment before you turn the key in the ignition of your car. just a thought.

Cletus

First Grade
Can you get rid of Daley first, god he gives me the sh*ts. What does he do at St George anyway?

Hurriflatch

Referee
How bad was Orford's kicking game he had a gale force wind at his back in the 2nd half and the Saints still kicked longer then him.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
salivor said:
What happened to the confidence Johnsy? I remember after the Broncos v Dragons match you said the Dragons were on the rise and we were a candidate for the spoon. Seems like the opposite has happened since.
Let's get this straight sali... you're havin' a go a fellow league supporter for treading carefully prior to a match against Manly (which we ultimately won).

This being the same Saints club that has had the Broncos number for the last 2-3 years?

We own your ass boy. Don't get above your station.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Hurriflatch said:
How bad was Orford's kicking game he had a gale force wind at his back in the 2nd half and the Saints still kicked longer then him.
There was no gale force wind there today Hurri. It was pretty dead actually.

Was that something the commentators said?

Hurriflatch

Referee
yeah, I was driving listening to the game and the radio was making out like a Hurricane had come in during the match favouring the Dragons in the 1st half and Manly in the 2nd made it sound like it had picked up in the 2nd half as well

dragonfire

Bench
Hurriflatch said:

how bad was Orfords game fullstop. Poor Manly missing a few players, guess you missed the part where you just played the most inexperienced NRL side fielded this year. Don't worry lets hope next year we can both have the full compliment of players available and see the outcome? I thought this game was going into extra time with the Sea Eagles scoring in the left corner and Orford missing the conversion, seriously dont know why you didnt just play the same passage that got your second last try. Ah well i dont particularly mind.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Hurriflatch said:
yeah, I was driving listening to the game and the radio was making out like a Hurricane had come in during the match favouring the Dragons in the 1st half and Manly in the 2nd made it sound like it had picked up in the 2nd half as well
Which radio station?
I can assure you that the breeze was not a defining feature of the match.

taxidriver

Coach
beavers headgear, you need to loosen it as it's constricting the bloodflow to your brain.

you want to talk debutants ?

of the starting 17 yesterday, only 5 were in our FG 17 last year.

you want to talk players out ?

Saints had 9 first grade players unavailable yesterday.

[FKN-SIK]

Juniors
Well done to the young dragons side. Much deserved. Manly's form continues to dissolve away over the past couple of weeks

Creagh, Chase, Stanley & Soward all played very well, however i think Hornby was a little quiet for most of the match.

It was a fairly entertaining match to watch. Good to see both sides throw the ball around have a go :)

CharlieF

Juniors
taxidriver said:
beavers headgear, you need to loosen it as it's constricting the bloodflow to your brain.

you want to talk debutants ?

of the starting 17 yesterday, only 5 were in our FG 17 last year.

you want to talk players out ?

Saints had 9 first grade players unavailable yesterday.

Who's position would you rather be in this year? Thats the only thing that matters in the end.

Johnny Bravo

Juniors
CharlieF said:
Who's position would you rather be in this year? Thats the only thing that matters in the end.
You don't win competitions in the first half of the season.

Manly are in real trouble, regardless of their position on the ladder.

The Preacher

First Grade
CharlieF said:

At the moment Charlie, your position is sitting in the "crash position" with your head tucked down as far as possible so you can kiss your arse goodbye.
We've been where we are ALL year, and the further the season goes, the closer Manly will get to our current position.

dragonfire

Bench
CharlieF said:

well firstly great comeback there, guess it would suck that the number 2 team just got beaten by equal last. With the form over the last few weeks Manly looks to be in some trouble and is following some of the season slumps that we saw last year, whether they can curve that or not will remain to be seen. But with such a great start to the season you have to start questioning whther this is the beginning of the end of your season, not that it matters as no one will beat the Storm, well not if the storm dont choke. Its a one horse race this year

Latest posts