What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R21 | Dragons 46-24 Knights @ Jubilee | Sun 2pm

Rhyno

First Grade
In his current form I honestly don't think we'll miss Beau Scott next year, wouldn't have been much worse off having 2 turnstiles in place of Beau and Tyrone yesterday

Brad Arthur will turn Scott into the best forward in the game next year

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Usual question, how did sione play?

I thought he did alright. I was particularly impressed with a couple of his hit ups after a play the ball. He brought it back hard and made good metres.

Fitzgibbon impressed me. When he went onto the field he was charging around in defense tackling everything that moved and when he didn't get to them, he was still near the ball preventing an offload.

Spot On

Coach
In his current form I honestly don't think we'll miss Beau Scott next year, wouldn't have been much worse off having 2 turnstiles in place of Beau and Tyrone yesterday

Obviously Beau has clocked off. He did the same thing at the Drags when he signed with us. His heart is not in it any more.

Spot On

Coach
From the press conference Bedsy sees it as his job to bring on the young guys for next year and the year after.
I can see Mamo and Sione being regulars for the rest of the season with Tapine and possibly other forwards in the mix.
I reckon Feeney will get a run.
Talk was also how Tapine needs to push his body.

Tapine is either short on fitness or a wee bit lazy or a combo of both. Like the look of some of the things he does but need more effort for longer periods.

perverse

Referee
Agree about Tapine. Seems very talented, but definitely a bit lazy (a lack of fitness would just equate to lazy for me really, too). I'm guessing that's why Stoney hasn't been picking him. As much as I've been critical of Stone - I think a lot of what has happened this year has been him implementing a bit of a Bennett philosophy in making everyone earn their spot in first grade, rather than getting a free ride. That is - if you're in the lower grades, you have to be playing your socks off to get a call up. You see someone like Tapine carve up NSW Cup and think Stone is bananas for not picking him over a Houston... but what you don't see on the field is that Houston probably does train hard, whereas Tapine can probably go at 80% and still dominate NSW Cup and look great for a few runs a game in first grade.

Stone hasn't done enough to save his career this year, but I do feel like this playing group has thrown him under the bus a bit, too.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
I think it was against Canberra, Tapine ran for over 120m and made 42 tackles. That was the most involved I've seen him and he looked like a genuine gun.

Jono078

Referee
I think Tapine lacks a bit of confidence too. You see these young Roosters forwards they come out with bad intentions and believing they're the best and take it to the opposition. We just lack that confidence and drive as a whole really. Mamo is the only one who has really shown those qualities.