What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R21 Sun - ROOSTERS v WARRIORS *Match Thread* Game of the Year

lockyno1

Post Whore
byrne_rovelli_fan82 said:
He tried to take the line on a few times Ravs, but the defense had him sorted which probably made his life a little more difficult Still he should have done better. Perhaps a lesson he'll learn.

His kicking game was horrible though. Surely you can't say Rovelli played well. And in my view he took the line on TOO OFTEN. Witt was the same to be honest. You were carving them up on Ropati/Crockett's side and yet you could probally could on one hand the amount of times they got the ball. Now I am not only blaming Rovelli BUT he is the no1 playmaker at 7.

MKEB...

Staff member
Moffo said:
i know you're winding people up but i must say that witt was sh*t. he is a hack, surely NZ have a better option than him
And who would that be?

His tactical kicking was sh*te, quite surprising when his general play kicking this season hasnt been too bad, he made a couple of good incisions behind the line with no support today

Farkin monster of a goal line dropout at the end.

t-ba

Post Whore
wittyfan said:
Witty made some poor kicks today but he's not always perfect.

I mean, look at that face. No Wonder NASA are using it instead of a Geographical Survey to recreate an environment to test the new Lunar lander on.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
lockyno1 said:
His kicking game was horrible though. Surely you can't say Rovelli played well. And in my view he took the line on TOO OFTEN. Witt was the same to be honest. You were carving them up on Ropati/Crockett's side and yet you could probally could on one hand the amount of times they got the ball. Now I am not only blaming Rovelli BUT he is the no1 playmaker at 7.

Never said he had a good game or an ok one even.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
t-ba said:
I mean, look at that face. No Wonder NASA are using it instead of a Geographical Survey to recreate an environment to test the new Lunar lander on.

LOL everytime some one brings in Witty's good looks to talk him down it just comes off second rate. Get over it people. I think those who always complain about his looks have their own problems with their apperance hence why talking down some one else

t-ba

Post Whore
LOL everytime some one brings in Witty's good looks to talk him down it just comes off second rate. Get over it people. I think those who always complain about his looks have their own problems with their apperance hence why talking down some one else

It's actually my love for Wittyfan that makes me do it. In the words of Fat Bastard-'I'm dead sexy'

melon....

Coach
Rovelli said:
Great Game Roosters Fans

Look Forward To Playing You Again.
Crap performance from the idiot Hayne. Ripped us off and you blokes didnt exactly get a reasonable go either in the Penalties.

Still a draw's better than a loss..because....LOL@SOUFFS are sh*tting bricks. The Chooks are going to finish higher than the man lovers.

Moffo

Referee
sorry i must watch another version of the game as witt is sh*thouse in my books

lockyno1

Post Whore
Never said he had a good game or an ok one even.

Good to hear. Cleary must take some of the blame. I for the life of me could not work out why the Warriors continued to go to the opposite side to Ropati/Crockett..becuase it was just dumb tactics from all of the people associated with tactics!

lockyno1

Post Whore

He is the sexiest Man in League!

Choppies

Coach
I thought we were lucky to get the point.
We dropped off for 30 mins and that is would have meant us getting 0 points.
But that last 10 mins of regular time is a good thing ill take out of it. A few weeks ago, if we were down 30-18 with 20 to go we would have put the cue in the rack.

Roosters put the 12 points on when the warriors were down a man, Price should of gone to the bin for professional foul not mannering. Good game but poor decesions from the worst ref in the game , he would unlucky to ref an U6 game.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
The problem I have with the sinbinning is that nobody ever knows where it's coming from. How many times are there penalties given after breaks and the commentators say "what about the bin?" but nothing is done? The referees seem to randomly sinbin players and while the sinbin might not have been harsh as far as the rules go I think Mannering can consider himself unlucky that he just happened to be this months random sinbinning.

I think Mannering thought he was making a genuine one on one play rather than a professional foul while Hayne believed he called held and that it was a tactic to slow the play down. If there was ever a perfect example of where a 5 minute sinbin would've been the perfect solution I think that was it. The Roosters lost the advantage of a quick play the ball and a busted defensive line and instead get a freshs et of six with the opposition down a man for five minutes. In modern league ten minutes is too much for something like that.

No problem with the decision, big problem with the way it's enforced throughout the rest of the season. There'll be another dozen opportunities for refs to sinbin players before another random is actually put in the bin.

Latest posts