What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R3 // Storm 28-20 Knights @ AAMI // Mon 7pm

Round 1 result: Storm vs Knights

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Swarzey

Bench
Brilliant news. I have a bit of faith with good service from Clydsdale that we could actually keep it close.

In three weeks time, House will return and be MOTM. Nice to see Fa'alogo get the opportunity this week.

perverse

Referee
I thought a few of his charges up the middle were amongst our best last week to be honest, but I think Fa'alogo needs to be in there.

Good to see Clydsdale getting the call up. I think he would have been there Round 1 if his injury had permitted.

Yosh

Coach
Great news and good moves in the right direction in mu opinion.

When's Boyd back btw?

Spot On

Coach
I thought a few of his charges up the middle were amongst our best last week to be honest, but I think Fa'alogo needs to be in there.

Good to see Clydsdale getting the call up. I think he would have been there Round 1 if his injury had permitted.

x 2. Just didn't think he'd been dropped for lack of form or impact carrying the ball. There's another bloke who should have copped the bullet before House.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
Fa'alogo should start over Mason. He's fitter, gets through more work and a better lateral defender. Him and Snowden would compliment each other better for the first 25 minutes, I reckon. Mason is only good in short bursts nowadays.

I'd nearly like to start Clydsdale, but probably not just yet. I just hope Gidley's DH service holds up against Melbourne because we pretty much have to start well to have any chance.

Last edited:

Spot On

Coach
This obsession with Gidley is now starting to haunt Bennett. The bloke is chewing up a shit load of cap, has been mostly injured the past few seasons and will take a good while to get back to anything like his best. Unfortunately Bennett is relying on him to lead this pack around and he's just not up to it atm.

The bloke is a good utility and should be used as such. Clydesdale to start and Gids to come on later in the first half from now on.

Noname36

First Grade
That's great news about Clydesdale and Fa'alogo. Same with Boyd and Mullo recovering.

Re Bennett and Gidley: it wouldn't surprise me if Wayne was actually starting to secretly feel the same way we are about Gids. He's in a tough position though. A lot of the supporter base don't see it the way we do and would be crushed if Gids was told he was no longer wanted. The guy has bled for the club for so long now and his brother is the bloody CEO. I don't think the decision would be as easy as we think for Bennett.

rnb11

Juniors
That's great news about Clydesdale and Fa'alogo. Same with Boyd and Mullo recovering.

Re Bennett and Gidley: it wouldn't surprise me if Wayne was actually starting to secretly feel the same way we are about Gids. He's in a tough position though. A lot of the supporter base don't see it the way we do and would be crushed if Gids was told he was no longer wanted. The guy has bled for the club for so long now and his brother is the bloody CEO. I don't think the decision would be as easy as we think for Bennett.

Bennett had a few anti-Gidley words to say in round 1. But I still think Bennett is a big fan, he just needs time on the field. I think it will take another major injury for Gidley to be given the talking to.

Frederick

Staff member
Bennett had a few anti-Gidley words to say in round 1. But I still think Bennett is a big fan, he just needs time on the field. I think it will take another major injury for Gidley to be given the talking to.

He said something anti Gidley in round one? I must've missed that, what'd he say?

Knight Vision

First Grade
Fa'alogo should start over Mason. He's fitter, gets through more work and a better lateral defender. Him and Snowden would compliment each other better for the first 25 minutes, I reckon. Mason is only good in short bursts nowadays.

I'd nearly like to start Clydsdale, but probably not just yet. I just hope Gidley's DH service holds up against Melbourne because we pretty much have to start well to have any chance.

Thats all he would be doing if Packer wasnt in jail. We need a mongrel prop badly. A JWH or the like. An Alpha male.

Latest posts