What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R3 v Cowboys

steerlerbab

Juniors
After last weeks 38-0 trashing, the team need some changes.
Halves: Let's try Marshke/Hunt
No 14: Let's move Flanno Jnr to bench
Bench: Let's drop Leilua: Bring in Couchman
Bench: let;s drop M Molo: I was very keen on M Molo, but if Sele is fit he has to come in. If Sele not fit give the old horse BMM one more run
Centres: Bird. The writing is on the wall. He is not the same guy that played 5 state of Origin. Unfortunately, he is still better than Feagais. So the axe may not fall on him yet.

Daptodragon

Juniors
M Molo, B Lawrie & J Bird all need to be dropped for the Cowboys game all completely ineffective, move Z Lomax back to the centre's and why don't they try and get E Tuala from the Knights to fill the wing spot he can't get a 1st grade spot and is a good finisher.

Parko1310

Juniors

Absolutely unbelievable this is a suspension, but you just knew the NRL were going to come down on Frank and us. Nikora got a 2 game ban for a late, high hit with direct shoulder contact to the head, no wrapping motion with the arms either. Frank's hit is maybe a touch high, barely got the head, hitting the player with the ball, has an arms wrapping tackling motion. The NRL want to pretend that's half as bad as what Nikora did? Haha yeah ok

jeffdragon

Bench
We had a complete 360 turnaround from R1 to R2.
It's unlikely that we will see another turnaround to see us get even close to winning this.
Holding the ball will help as we gave the opposition a leg up in R2.

Last edited:

TheRev

First Grade
Its far too early for chucking the toys out of the cot (not to mention 1 week ago we were flying)... we don't exactly have some amazing stash of talented players to bring in that improves the squad. Those young NSW Cup outside backs are still very raw and error-prone... and you only get to swing the axe 1 or 2 times per season.. and there is still a long way to go for 2024.

There will be tweaks for sure, mostly the forwards where we have quite a few options (none amazing but options nonetheless).. 1 forced by FMolo's suspension... Sele wont be match fit either... the question is who is the best 13.. RFM seemed better on the edge etc... but its really up to the coaching staff to analyse the game and see what we can work on to give us a better shot against a white hot cowboys squad. Will be very interesting to see the tuesday team-sheet.

justadragon

Bench

Absolutely unbelievable this is a suspension, but you just knew the NRL were going to come down on Frank and us. Nikora got a 2 game ban for a late, high hit with direct shoulder contact to the head, no wrapping motion with the arms either. Frank's hit is maybe a touch high, barely got the head, hitting the player with the ball, has an arms wrapping tackling motion. The NRL want to pretend that's half as bad as what Nikora did? Haha yeah ok
Wallace was interviewed by ABC after the game, he said he was fine and that Molo had basically got him in the throat, it was just footy and all is good. But not to the judiciary.

Parko1310

Juniors
Wallace was interviewed by ABC after the game, he said he was fine and that Molo had basically got him in the throat, it was just footy and all is good. But not to the judiciary.
If Wallace has said Frank didn't get him in the head, then I'd be fighting this suspension if I'm the Dragons. I'd also be pointing to how they somehow think, going by the length of suspensions, that Nikora's hit was only worthy of 1 more match than this hit. They are essentially saying the discrepancy in punishment between getting someone in the throat and hitting someone late with direct shoulder contact to the head is only 1 week.

Dragon David

First Grade
This game will be crucial to see if lessons were learnt from the days leading up to this one. Flanno and his men have got to get our guys prepared for what will be an even tougher game against the Cowboys notwithstanding it is being played at home.

The Cows have big mobile forwards moreso than the Dolphins. They have fast backs. Our game plan to nullify the effectiveness of the Cows will need deep thinking and as Dean Young was the assistant coach not long ago with the Cowboys the last few years, he should be the one to really work out all the strengths and weaknesses and devise a good game plan to counter them. If we can win this game, it will bring back the confidence that we will need to play the Sea Eagles and win that game as well.

TheRev

First Grade
It would be a miracle to win either of the next 2.. but I'd still rather play these guys than the Broncos, Panthers, Storm or Roosters..

Certainly could win if things roll our way, and some points come early.. but yes some scary personnel in both teams and far better halves.

rasaint

Juniors
For what it is worth, I saw the Frank Molo tackle and thought ‘so what’? No cocked shoulder, arms wrapping around in strong ball and all tackle, couldn’t see any head hit or heads clashing. Even the Phins forwards didn’t ’go off’ but a couple jogged over when Wallace stayed down after being legally rattled up by Molo.

I do not believe I’m talking through my red and white glasses. The trouble is the judiciary system is an NRL closed shop is it not ? At least seek a down grade.

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
If Wallace has said Frank didn't get him in the head, then I'd be fighting this suspension if I'm the Dragons. I'd also be pointing to how they somehow think, going by the length of suspensions, that Nikora's hit was only worthy of 1 more match than this hit. They are essentially saying the discrepancy in punishment between getting someone in the throat and hitting someone late with direct shoulder contact to the head is only 1 week.
If Molo didnt have a bad record NRL would have dished out a fine instead.

SEAT 1A

Bench
Love Birdy he's a champ however, if I see his name in the team, I'll scream. Surely, Lomax back to center.

Blocker to start, Tuipulotu to the wing, Sele in and stuffed if I know how the fit Luc.

RedVDave

First Grade
Suspecting tweaks and a flogging at training.
Frank will be suspended due to his record so I’d expect Blocka and JDB to start.
I think RFM much more effective on the edge so guessing Eisenuth to 13 and RFM and Sua as edge backrowers.
Marshke might get a run at 14. Luc, BMM, and Viliami possibly a revised bench
They don't do carry over points any more for players who have to go to the judiciary.

Latest posts