What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R5 // Cowboys 28-2 Knights @ 1300SMILES // Mon 7.00pm

Round 5 result :: Cowboys vs Knights

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shenry4

Juniors
No we need to rest Mullen not rush him back. I don't care if it takes a month, i want that hamstring fully healed and attached properly!

It is a long season and a long career after all. Drives me crazy how knights rush guys back in. Remember Gidley coming back after like 2 weeks from a dislocated shoulder? Absolutely crazy!!! I was waitin for that baby to pop out lol

Swarzey

Bench
Roberts really stepped it up and with Boyd supporting him, he seemed to show his potential to fill the roles Mullen has left. We're still a mess when it comes to structure, but that will improve and all of this, the slow start, tough loses will only benefit us in the long run. I don't exactly want to face Canberra without Mullen, I actually want to beat them at least once this year, but if Roberts and Boyd can replicate their performance from last week and perhaps improve it against JT and the Cowboys, then I'd rather see Mullen continued to be rested until he's fit.

Dave_

Juniors
Roberts really stepped it up and with Boyd supporting him, he seemed to show his potential to fill the roles Mullen has left. We're still a mess when it comes to structure, but that will improve and all of this, the slow start, tough loses will only benefit us in the long run. I don't exactly want to face Canberra without Mullen, I actually want to beat them at least once this year, but if Roberts and Boyd can replicate their performance from last week and perhaps improve it against JT and the Cowboys, then I'd rather see Mullen continued to be rested until he's fit.

Roberts and Boyd need to do far more than just replicate or slightly improve on last week. Let's not forget we played the Sharks without Paul Gallen, Beau Ryan, Anthony Tupou, Luke Lewis and Jeff Robson plus Michael Gordon got injured during the game and Todd Carney doesn't look 100%.

We should be ok against the struggling cows but against the top sides we need Mullen or we lose, simple as that.

We showed last week we have spirit.
There was a reason for that but the fact it is there holds well. We can do it!
We have areas of the game we can work on but I often think that is a positive.

I reckon Dobson is filling in well. He's not up to Mullen when Mullen is in form and kicks a bit too much like Roberts but he has proven to be an adequate fill-in in my eyes.

A change I've noticed is that we are putting in longer kicks to touch for penalties.

Our key is how we start. I reckon we will romp this game in but never underestimate the Cows at home.

No but if we signed the entire Sims trio i would be very content. I actually would take Tariq and Ash over another prop cos the obvious fact is Ashton can function as a front rower anyway. Tariq is just something very special as a player. No idea why his form has suffered but maybe his broken leg x 2 is a factor.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
If we could get Tariq to pair with Korbin, then that would be awesome,

If we could have this next season, i for one would be extremely pleased.

1. Boyd
2. McManus\Mamo
3. Gagai
4. BJ
5. Uate

6. Mullen
7. Roberts

8. Snowden
9. Clydsdale
10. Grant
11. Sims
12. Scott
13. Smith

Best bench players we can use.

Knight Vision

First Grade
I wouldnt swap Robbie Rochow for anyone. I have a feeling he brings much more to a team than what we see of him on the field. And in the not too distant future and if he sucks the right dick he may even get mentioned for SOO

Yosh

Coach
Rochow was a winger/centre before right? I think he defintely has some moves in his locker that he hasn't been able to utilize very often yet. I think in 2 or 3 seasons he'll be a different kind of player, a more creative forward, maybe even a Glenn Stewart mould.

Jono078

Referee
I think it's interesting that on the TAB margin bet the lowest odds are for the Cowboys to win by 19+.

I guess they're expecting us to have a let down, and i'm afraid of that too.

Apey

Staff member
Considering I've tipped the Cowboys, the Knights are probably a shoe-in for 13+.

rnb11

Juniors
sneaky suspicion mullen might play tomorrow afterall. dont get ya hopes up or quote me but i personally wont be surprised.

Frederick

Staff member
sneaky suspicion mullen might play tomorrow afterall. dont get ya hopes up or quote me but i personally wont be surprised.

I_jizz_in_my_pants_by_HOLIMOUNT.jpg