What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R5 Knights.

Parko1310

Juniors
Why did he sign Sele if he won’t use him, if he lacks fitness then play him in KAO cup. I’d have Tuiavake before M Molo he is a beast.
Having M Molo and Blake Lawrie coming off the bench as the two in the prop rotation is genuinely perplexing. You may as well not show up to the game and just give Newcastle the two points. What is it with Molo that keeps getting him popping up in first grade. He is horrendous

jeffdragon

Bench
Sele should be in the 17.
Jdb in bench and M Molo not in the 17.
Just my take on it.
Having M Molo and Blake Lawrie coming off the bench as the two in the prop rotation is genuinely perplexing. You may as well not show up to the game and just give Newcastle the two points. What is it with Molo that keeps getting him popping up in first grade. He is horrendous

since77

Juniors
They have made the semis 3 out of the last 4 years with this coach. Oh how I wish we could make the semis. Don't rate the coach? Why are you such a great judge?
Oh please. The years they've made the semis they've limped in on one leg and been mostly cannon fodder. Made it last year solely on the back of a late season surge by Ponga.
The mediocre level of success they've had is despite the coach - a bit similar to how we made it in 2018 despite McGregor......

kit66

Bench

What is this shit? No way Flano is serious? April fools was yesterday? Hame Sele dropped for Michael f**king Molo?? If I see that side actually trotted out I'll be giving up before kick off. I thought it would be a while before I saw M Molo again. Please god don't let it be true

Sele might have aggravated that hammy. I was hoping to see Fifita get a run in place of maybe FMolo, he was strong in reserves as was Toby C, great defence and good metres. MMolo has more impact than his brother but Francis is the better defender I guess.

Draginzaaar

Bench
Oh please. The years they've made the semis they've limped in on one leg and been mostly cannon fodder. Made it last year solely on the back of a late season surge by Ponga.
The mediocre level of success they've had is despite the coach - a bit similar to how we made it in 2018 despite McGregor......
Oh how I wish we were cannon fodder and not 2nd last.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
has to be injury related, why would you assume anything different? Lets just hope its not a hamstring re-injury.
Maybe it's because heavy rain is predicted on Friday and the conditions may be a slog....if he's still carrying a niggle might be a precaution....it will be peeing down you can bet because my wife and I are travelling to the game

cusnjed

Juniors
I'm feeling pretty good for this game. The Saints have won 18 of 23 games in Newcastle and with the slow track, I think we will more than cover what the Knights can throw our way.

Victoire

Juniors
Knights have tinkered with their halves again this week. Gamble out, Hastings back in. They don't seem particularly settled.. but they'll still be a very tough test at home.

As for us... I thought Jack de Belin had his best game since his hiatus last weekend and he did that coming off the bench after 20 odd and staying out there. It looked to my amateur eyes that Flanno had solved the problem of a slow, leaky ruck that the Cowboys exposed the week before. Oh well. We'll see what team trots out there

Sele must have aggravated his injury - he only played 25 mins off the bench last week

thebigredv

First Grade
If we could take Turbo out of the equation than doing the same to Ponga is surely a possibility. That should make it more winnable.No soft tries please.

Wolfgang90

Juniors
Knights have tinkered with their halves again this week. Gamble out, Hastings back in. They don't seem particularly settled.. but they'll still be a very tough test at home.

As for us... I thought Jack de Belin had his best game since his hiatus last weekend and he did that coming off the bench after 20 odd and staying out there. It looked to my amateur eyes that Flanno had solved the problem of a slow, leaky ruck that the Cowboys exposed the week before. Oh well. We'll see what team trots out there

Sele must have aggravated his injury - he only played 25 mins off the bench last week

Best bench unit impact for a while. I'm still not sold on Molo/Lawrie/RFM as our starting middles though, especially with Luciano on the edge. A bit too laterally slow & defensively suspect.

I would swap Eisenhuth & Lawrie, RFM & Molo are both quite big & have good straight line leg speed. While Eisenhuth is strong defensively, can control the ruck & sets the tone with the effort areas like kick pressure/kick chase/ repeat efforts.

Starting middles: Molo/RFM/Eisenhuth
Bench middles: Lawrie/Sele/JDB

Imo it would be a better balance between starters & bench, those combinations compliment each other a bit more.

Wolfgang90

Juniors
Apparently meant to piss down on friday, especially northern nsw. Newcastle could get hit with torrential rain. I don't think we should risk anyone carrying an injury or on a mins restrictions. It'll be a battle for the middles & we need everyone fit.

since77

Juniors

Flanno said in an interview that he benched JDB to give him a bit of rev up. He really liked how JDB responded against Manly.

TheRev

First Grade
Sele might have aggravated that hammy. I was hoping to see Fifita get a run in place of maybe FMolo, he was strong in reserves as was Toby C, great defence and good metres. MMolo has more impact than his brother but Francis is the better defender I guess.
Fifita got a few more minutes in NSW Cup, but still coughed it up iirc 3 times in those minutes, thankfully the ref saved him for 2 of them with a hands in the ruck type penalty.. imo Fifita desperately needs 3 months in reggies being pushed beyond the minutes hes used too... fans are losing their minds at Lawries errors, but he is doing 45-50mins usually.

Latest posts