What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R6 // Raiders 12-26 Knights @ GIO // Sat 3.00pm

Round 6 result // Raiders vs Knights

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Joker's Wild

Coach
What a difference a decent long kicking game makes

Realistically though, if we came up against an even remotely decent side today we would have gotten beaten. Discipline and ball control would have killed us against the top sides.

Improvement needed

slotmachine

First Grade
didn't get to watch the game, but collecting the two points against the strugglers is exactly what is needed to make the eight.

broncos have nothing with the ball at the moment. need to keep momentum and belt them next friday.

Swarzey

Bench
I don't expect us to be at our best for another month or so. If anything our wins between now and perhaps 4 or 5 weeks will be like today: A game plan that revolves around keeping it simple, slowing the game down to the speed that we want to play it at and maintaining quality defence. Improvement in our attack will come, it was tremendous today but it will be even better as Mullen adjusts.

All the players in Round 1 talked about how fast it was and how they're adjusting to it, I can only assume it would be tougher for him given everyone around him has adjusted to it. I hate to sound like I'm shifting all this pressure on Mullen, but today showed just how much better we are with him, regardless of the opposition.

Noname36

First Grade
One thing last year gave me was the confidence that we can still be a shot no matter where we finish in the 8. I think it's safe to say we've lost too many to go near the top 4, but I have confidence that if we can keep Mullo on the field and hold the ball in games we can maybe sneak into the 8. We just need to keep improving and hope we finally start getting some luck go our way.

Last edited:

slotmachine

First Grade
yeah, the real comp starts in september and only goes for 4 weeks. you just need to get a ticket.

the new (old) finals systems gives the 5th-8th placed teams a better shot too, as we saw last year

Swarzey

Bench
No way have we lost too many. The competition thus far makes it impossible to put any result into true perspective and the thing is, no team has stood out as genuine contenders. We have the f**king Titans with negative F/A on top, who have won the most of their games playing shit, but not as shit as their opposition. What I saw today wasn't exactly contender material, but in comparison to other performances this year? Had we had this team from Round 1, playing like this from the start, I think we would be sitting up on top of the ladder and seen as genuine contenders.

What sucks the most is that I have no idea what to expect from the Broncos next week and for a matter of fact, the games leading up to the Bye in Round 11.

Dave_

Juniors
I think tonight's game really highlighted how important Mullo is to us. He was good without being great but the biggest thing is he lifts the players around him and that's a sign of a great player, someone who gives others confidence.

He is all class and is coming into the peak of his powers and if we have a good run with injuries we'll be right in the hunt at the end of the year. As had been said, we do need a bit of long overdue good luck and surely it's coming our way.

If Clydesdale continues to improve the way he is, just imagine how good he'll be going by years end. I'm confident in our squad if injuries aren't a factor.

perverse

Referee
It was interesting that Mullen was the one to front the press with Wayne post-match. Apparently when they announced at training that Mullo would play the team lifted him up and cheered, lol. Sounds like a scene out of a cheesey sports movie.

Noname36

First Grade
^ re Mullo doing the post match: Bennett said the medical team were asking Gids questions but they didn't like his answers so the club probably didn't think it was a good idea to make him front the media.

perverse

Referee
^ re Mullo doing the post match: Bennett said the medical team were asking Gids questions but they didn't like his answers so the club probably didn't think it was a good idea to make him front the media.
Ah, makes sense.

Apey

Staff member

Medical team: You have an overlap on the left, what do you do?

Gids: A pre-planned dummy-half run to the right!

Medical team: Take him back for more testing...

Zoidberg

First Grade
After watching I think there was more to our team changes than just the poor performance last week. The speed at which the Raiders were tryin to play we needed faster forwards, not so much the big guys.

Good win by the boys. Really hope we can get the Broncs next week, not only coz I live in Bris and my missus goes for them, but to get our season finally on a proper start (not just a win-loss-win-loss run).

Hopefully all out injuries come good and we can have a near best team continually.

Yosh

Coach
Been saying since round 1, that we're gonna still make the final.

Good to hear we won, i'll watch the replay later in the week.

Spot On

Coach
After watching I think there was more to our team changes than just the poor performance last week. The speed at which the Raiders were tryin to play we needed faster forwards, not so much the big guys.

Good win by the boys. Really hope we can get the Broncs next week, not only coz I live in Bris and my missus goes for them, but to get our season finally on a proper start (not just a win-loss-win-loss run).

Hopefully all out injuries come good and we can have a near best team continually.

Re pace of the game:

No doubt our big blokes aren't the quickest going around so I agree somewhat with you there. Canberra need to be able to get a roll on through the middle and play quick footy to get points out wide. Mullo took Milford out of the game with his kicking and had them on the back foot too often. Set starts suited our needs perfectly and frustrated them. Very clever and very well executed.

It would be nice to have another big forward with some leg speed though. We need that new recruit we thought we were getting. I thought Korbin had some nice carries yesterday. He could be a real weapon for us if he continues to improve and lifts his numbers.

Congrats to Clydesdale too. Great little try but also he continues to look very good out of dummy half and defensively. He's a great talker as well. Does he have a kicking game?????

Last edited:

slotmachine

First Grade
houston had a very good game, topped the tackle count too.

rochow looked ordinary in the middle, bring back cuthbo imo

Byron Knight

Juniors
Medical team: You have an overlap on the left, what do you do?

Gids: A pre-planned dummy-half run to the right!

Medical team: Take him back for more testing...

If that was his answer, wouldn't that mean he was fine? :sarcasm:

Latest posts