What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs lead charge.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I’m not saying it is expanding the game, but it makes it harder to take games away if your trying to appeal to different markets. I’m not saying I agree with what happens just that I understand why it’s harder for those teams to take games away.
If it was up to me dragons would move to Wollongong and Tigers to Campbelltown full time.

It would be nice if the NRL didn’t force teams to play at ANZ but I guess that’s what happens when there’s more money for them.

Maybe could take all 16 teams to the US and play a full round there. Do it maybe 2 - 3 weeks before the weekly grind of the season begins in place of a trail match.

With the dedicated Origin round nowadays, I would prefer if we took our pre-Origin match there mid season.

That way you have two weeks to recover. If anyone has been watching Superleague you will see that all the sides that came here for WCC and round one matches have been struggling since they returned to England. It's taken them the best part of two weeks to find form again.

Not much point in going over for round one if you come back and lose your next two matches while you recover.

Travitoh

First Grade
With the dedicated Origin round nowadays, I would prefer if we took our pre-Origin match there mid season.

That way you have two weeks to recover. If anyone has been watching Superleague you will see that all the sides that came here for WCC and round one matches have been struggling since they returned to England. It's taken them the best part of two weeks to find form again.

Not much point in going over for round one if you come back and lose your next two matches while you recover.

They both lost their first match back but both won at the weekend.
Maybe we offset any disadvantage it may cause by taking a double header over so the next fixture is against another club in the same situation.
Only problem i can think of doing it during Origin is i feel that the stars need to be there and not left at home.

Latest posts