What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs Round 8 - Vs Storm

It’s a lot more than fitness I’d think.

It’s a shaky roster, bad game plans, players getting suspended for dumb things, internal strife and no one has a solution at the moment.

And Dave Furner turns up and the tightness and effort everybody wanted flies out the door.

Im pretty sure they’d be a number of applicants ready to have a go.

Keeping JD around isn’t going to help anyone, except encourage more frolicking around from Fathead.

He needs a coach like Robbo who is unafraid. A bit psychotic and tin hat, but unafraid.

Last edited:

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Broncos strength and conditioning coach from 2018-2020 was Andrew Croll.
they went 6th,8th and last.
2021 he was made head of high performance. He was sacked in June of that year. Broncos ended up finishing 14th. The guy who took over from him. (Dave Ballard) was told to give them a mini pre season half way through the season because the fitness was not there.
December 2022 South’s signed a new high performance manager. Andrew Croll.
coincidence. Maybe.
Souths are clearly not fit enough though and this man has history.
These are the dudes JD is bringing in right?
But getting rid of Sam, John Morris, and Eddie Farah?
He must have some insecurity issues.....

callmack1

Staff member
I needed a break after that game but have just caught up on everything.

You know, I kept saying in the lead-up to the game that I actually felt really optimistic, and I thought the guys would turn up, emotional and fired up, and actually put out a decent performance, building on the Sharks game. Well, never again. I get my hopes up and this team just absolutely breaks my heart. Never again will I be optimistic about a game or believe we can do it until they really start to show something. Until then, they can get f**ked. I'm so off them right now, so off them.

That really was a horror night. We knew it was going to be tough and be a huge mountain to climb so I would have taken a loss where we still played well, put in some real effort but just got outclassed. But what happened couldn't have been further from that. We did that for probably 20 minutes of the game, but the other 60 can only be described as diabolical. I have never seen such a lack of effort or application in a defensive line before. No attention to detail, no one putting their bodies on the line, it was like no one cared. The missed and ineffective tackle count is just mind-blowing. I have said in past games this year that we hold the ball and complete okay, our defence is much better. Well, you certainly can't say that for this one. We held the ball but still just folded like a turnstile. So disappointed, I really thought we'd begin to show something.

Our attack was actually okay. As I mentioned before, we actually completed okay and managed to crack them a number of times. We looked really good down the left and asked plenty of questions. The period in the second half where we fought back was magnificent, honestly some of the best Footy we've played this year. But I thought to myself, what's the bet someone will do something, and the momentum will flip. You can read this side like a f**king book and that's exactly what happened.

As bad as it gets really, and we have now hit rock bottom surely. The thing is, it was all the exact same problems that have been happening for a year now. I can't take it anymore and I've had enough. Even Anzac Day couldn't get the players up. What a disgrace.

I was absolutely shattered on Thursday night and I still am. That really hurt and it doesn't get much worse. What the f**k has happened to our great club? Seriously. I don't even know what to say anymore.

callmack1

Staff member

You know, I kept saying in the lead-up to the game that I actually felt really optimistic, and I thought the guys would turn up, emotional and fired up, and actually put out a decent performance, building on the Sharks game. Well, never again. I get my hopes up and this team just absolutely breaks my heart. Never again will I be optimistic about a game or believe we can do it until they really start to show something. Until then, they can get f**ked. I'm so off them right now, so off them.

That really was a horror night. We knew it was going to be tough and be a huge mountain to climb so I would have taken a loss where we still played well, put in some real effort but just got outclassed. But what happened couldn't have been further from that. We did that for probably 20 minutes of the game, but the other 60 can only be described as diabolical. I have never seen such a lack of effort or application in a defensive line before. No attention to detail, no one putting their bodies on the line, it was like no one cared. The missed and ineffective tackle count is just mind-blowing. I have said in past games this year that we hold the ball and complete okay, our defence is much better. Well, you certainly can't say that for this one. We held the ball but still just folded like a turnstile. So disappointed, I really thought we'd begin to show something.

Our attack was actually okay. As I mentioned before, we actually completed okay and managed to crack them a number of times. We looked really good down the left and asked plenty of questions. The period in the second half where we fought back was magnificent, honestly some of the best Footy we've played this year. But I thought to myself, what's the bet someone will do something, and the momentum will flip. You can read this side like a f**king book and that's exactly what happened.

As bad as it gets really, and we have now hit rock bottom surely. The thing is, it was all the exact same problems that have been happening for a year now. I can't take it anymore and I've had enough. Even Anzac Day couldn't get the players up. What a disgrace.

I was absolutely shattered on Thursday night and I still am. That really hurt and it doesn't get much worse. What the f**k has happened to our great club? Seriously. I don't even know what to say anymore.

I can tell you Mr Callmack what's happened to our great club.

Dud ceo dud board room dud coach dud talent scouts dud recruitment officers dud ilias dud hawkins dud Thompson dud milne dud kennar dud moale dud host and the biggest dud of all is trellmyth the cancer of souths to name a few.

I can tell you Mr Callmack what's happened to our great club.

Dud ceo dud board room dud coach dud talent scouts dud recruitment officers dud ilias dud hawkins dud Thompson dud milne dud kennar dud moale dud host and the biggest dud of all is trellmyth the cancer of souths to name a few.
Sully should have resigned after that effort.

And JD is still commanding salutes around the place.

So many pigs with their noses in the trough at South’s at the moment.

The whole league is laughing at you at the moment. Even some of our Wt lads and we have the words “ feed me spoon” tattooed to our foreheads.

All these selection arguments, deck chairs on the titanic. You’ve become a sickly and less well endowed version of us wt filth.

Last edited:

handyman2190

Bench

I know whats happened

Steenson123

Juniors
Callmack it all begins with Dopey Demetriou.
He is a no hoper. If the man had any decency he would tell the truth and RESIGN.
He has failed to deliver Leadership and his training program is all wrong. It failed. The players know it, hence virtually none of them put in a sustained effort.
Agreed SSR, Mitchell and the senior personnel need to be held accountable for their inept efforts. But Demetriou would never do that. Seriously, do Management want 4 more months of this Horror Show, more beltings and a club that has been destroyed as a football power?

handyman2190

Bench
Cook is in delusion! They all know the reasons, no line speed,44 missed tackles ,ineffective tackling, letting them stand and offload, we do not attack in defence, the tacklers dont clear the ruck fast enough leaving us short in the line,and cook is the main culprit,lazy gets up late stands in the ruck with his hands up,not getting to marker fast enough, then noone struggles in tackles to get up quick, we are slow ,cook needs to go.
There is a new fullback playing for the knights,and he is killing it we should poach him, put gray at 6 dodds at 7 then we should poach brodie crofr or fuller, a prop and 2nd rower and leave koala at prop

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Cook is in delusion! They all know the reasons, no line speed,44 missed tackles ,ineffective tackling, letting them stand and offload, we do not attack in defence, the tacklers dont clear the ruck fast enough leaving us short in the line,and cook is the main culprit,lazy gets up late stands in the ruck with his hands up,not getting to marker fast enough, then noone struggles in tackles to get up quick, we are slow ,cook needs to go.
There is a new fullback playing for the knights,and he is killing it we should poach him, put gray at 6 dodds at 7 then we should poach brodie crofr or fuller, a prop and 2nd rower and leave koala at prop
Nobody wanted Brodie Croft.
I doubt that sentiment has changed, and I doubt the reasons for it have changed either.
From what I saw v Storm, Koloamatangi is not a prop. Too lazy, work rate not high enough, not prepared to meet their props at the advantage line.
It was one game so far, but the signs aren't encouraging......
I agree that Gray is the future 5/8, I hope our coaching don't stuff this up and give him zero development.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
I watched the replay and it was even worse than watching it live. Sitting through that was torture enough, I ain't going through a match report.

Full team and player stats,

I watched the replay and it was even worse than watching it live. Sitting through that was torture enough, I ain't going through a match report.

Full team and player stats,

Why no match report?
This is becoming a pattern.
The reports should be about constructive criticism as well as heaping praise.

handyman2190

Bench
Nobody wanted Brodie Croft.
I doubt that sentiment has changed, and I doubt the reasons for it have changed either.
From what I saw v Storm, Koloamatangi is not a prop. Too lazy, work rate not high enough, not prepared to meet their props at the advantage line.
It was one game so far, but the signs aren't encouraging......
I agree that Gray is the future 5/8, I hope our coaching don't stuff this up and give him zero development.
Im not talking about the half in superleague i may have the name wrong im talking about newcastle forward