What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

southsport

First Grade
The article says that Martin is a lock-hooker but I can't see him displacing Cam Murray at lock so hooker might be where his future is?

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
The article says that Martin is a lock-hooker but I can't see him displacing Cam Murray at lock so hooker might be where his future is?

Mainly a lock. Didn't see him play at hooker but usually locks can play in the second row as well. I think Josh Cook is probably our next hooker.

southsport

First Grade
Mainly a lock. Didn't see him play at hooker but usually locks can play in the second row as well. I think Josh Cook is probably our next hooker.

Lock and second-row are positions that I thought we had covered quite well.

I'm not familiar with Josh Cook but I thought there were a couple of other hookers coming through.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Lock and second-row are positions that I thought we had covered quite well.

I'm not familiar with Josh Cook but I thought there were a couple of other hookers coming through.

I guess it depends. Not too many good locks in the squad besides Sam and Murray. Second row is really well covered though.

Well pheonix hunt was released and I know he was a really good player I'm not too sure about the hooker in NYC, but I do know Josh Cook was a gun in SG ball and I think he's definitely a player to watch

southsport

First Grade
I guess it depends. Not too many good locks in the squad besides Sam and Murray. Second row is really well covered though.

Well pheonix hunt was released and I know he was a really good player I'm not too sure about the hooker in NYC, but I do know Josh Cook was a gun in SG ball and I think he's definitely a player to watch

I didn't know that Phoenix Hunt was released, Harry Leddy replaced him through the season and I thought that one of them might come through.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Jesse Martin is an absolute gun I've seen him play before and I'm really surprised he came to Souths, he loved manly. Great pick up there.

I'm not too keen on Gagan either but he'll probably be playing NSW Cup. So there's no need to get your panties in a knot.

Stockwell is the most interesting out of all of them. He had big wraps on him when he was first coming into grade but has had his career stumped by injury. He was an Australian Schoolboy a few years ago so he's not actually a bad player. There's also rumours he hated Nathan Brown as well which wouldn't help. This guy reminds me a lot of Cherrington tbh but even more potential.
Martin should be our only pick up out of that lot.....

Stockwell is a dud these days not a good signing.....

Gagan is a dud....

It seems we are signing a large quantity but most of them are shithouse signings.......

We aren't signing Pettyborune either. He's off to England.....

So our signings:

Gagai tick
Arthars???
Kennar???
Britt a dud I think
Stockwell a dud
Gagan a dud
Nicholls a dud
Martin tick

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I didn't know that Phoenix Hunt was released, Harry Leddy replaced him through the season and I thought that one of them might come through.

Yeah he was released on compassionate grounds. Didn't see much of Harry Leddy but I'm sure he'll get his chance if he performs for the lower grades. Josh Cook is the most promising out of all of them.

Martin should be our only pick up out of that lot.....

Stockwell is a dud these days not a good signing.....

Gagan is a dud....

It seems we are signing a large quantity but most of them are shithouse signings.......

We aren't signing Pettyborune either. He's off to England.....

So our signings:

Gagai tick
Arthars???
Kennar???
Britt a dud I think
Stockwell a dud
Gagan a dud
Nicholls a dud
Martin tick

How can you call Nicholls a dud? He featured for the premiers this year.

Itsamansgame

Juniors
Other clubs shop at Harrods,we shop at best and less.
FFS We have Packer and Crowe as owners we should be shopping at the high side of town with TPA's.
Absolutely f...ing embarrassing!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Yeah he was released on compassionate grounds. Didn't see much of Harry Leddy but I'm sure he'll get his chance if he performs for the lower grades. Josh Cook is the most promising out of all of them.

How can you call Nicholls a dud? He featured for the premiers this year.
Melbourne aren't silly. They mainly let go of these types like Britt and Nicholls. I saw some of Nicholls stats and when he played for Canberra too and I was not impressed!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Other clubs shop at Harrods,we shop at best and less.
FFS We have Packer and Crowe as owners we should be shopping at the high side of town with TPA's.
Absolutely f...ing embarrassing!
Spot on.......

We don't learn......

On zero tackle it says we are paying Stockwell 325k. f**k me we are dumb.... I am outraged.......... wakey wakey Souths til I die, it's a message mate. 325k for Stockwell...........

We got:

Gagai
Britt
Kennar
Arthars
Stockwell
Gagan
Martin

We let go:
Goodwin
Gray
Cherrington
Gosiewski
Greinke
Hamlin
Kelly
Nielsen
Tyrrell
Rochow
Rudolf

Let's look at our 37 contracted players (some are still very young)

Arthars
Britt
Sam
Tom
George
Burns
Clark
D. Cook
J. Cook
Crichton
Doueihi
Farah
Fuimaono
Gagai
Gagan
Graham
Hawkins
Hiroti
Hunt???????

GI
AJ
Jennings
Johnstone
Kennar
Musgrove
Murray
Nicholls
Reynolds
Rodwell
Stockwell (325k)
Sutton
Ta'avale
Talakai
Taukamo
Tracey
Turner
Cody

Shall we now compare this with top squads???????

Rabbitoad

Juniors
Jacob Gagan was an absolute gun before he was struck down by injury at Cronulla. If he's back to 100% physically (and I doubt we'd sign him if he wasn't) then he's a really good pick up.

Jesse Martin is a really good player too.

I don't get all the negativity. Maybe some people are only happy when they're complaining?

Rabbitoad

Juniors
Spot on.......

We don't learn......

On zero tackle it says we are paying Stockwell 325k. f**k me we are dumb.... I am outraged.......... wakey wakey Souths til I die, it's a message mate. 325k for Stockwell...........

We got:

Gagai
Britt
Kennar
Arthars
Stockwell
Gagan
Martin

We let go:
Goodwin
Gray
Cherrington
Gosiewski
Greinke
Hamlin
Kelly
Nielsen
Tyrrell
Rochow
Rudolf

Arthars
Britt
Sam
Tom
George
Burns
Clark
D. Cook
J. Cook
Crichton
Doueihi
Farah
Fuimaono
Gagai
Gagan
Graham
Hawkins
Hiroti
Hunt???????

GI
AJ
Jennings
Johnstone
Kennar
Musgrove
Murray
Nicholls
Reynolds
Rodwell
Stockwell (325k)
Sutton
Ta'avale
Talakai
Taukamo
Tracey
Turner
Cody

Stockwell was on 325k at Newcastle, not with us.

handyman2190

Bench
Spot on.......

We don't learn......

We got:

Gagai
Britt
Kennar
Arthars
Stockwell
Gagan
Martin

We let go:
Goodwin
Gray
Cherrington
Gosiewski
Greinke
Hamlin
Kelly
Nielsen
Tyrrell
Rochow
Rudolf

Arthars
Britt
Sam
Tom
George
Burns
Clark
D. Cook
J. Cook
Crichton
Doueihi
Farah
Fuimaono
Gagai
Gagan
Graham
Hawkins
Hiroti
Hunt???????

GI
AJ
Jennings
Johnstone
Kennar
Musgrove
Murray
Nicholls
Reynolds
Rodwell
Stockwell (325k)
Sutton
Ta'avale
Talakai
Taukamo
Tracey
Turner
Cody

325?? Your joking..right.. if true theres the reason we will be bottom 3 next season our purchasing is garbage
Players who couldnt crack 1st grade in cellar dwelling teams...i dont get it

Rabbits20

Immortal
Not sure why you'd trust in Seibs?

He's a stop gap cheap option coach and he's coaching a team full of stop gap cheap players.

It's almost a dead certainty that we'll be in the market for a new coach in 2019 for 2020.
Bravo bravo I applaud you mate.

Some sensible level headed thinking in here....

Look at all the positivity for 2016 and 17 and look how that turned out.....

I'm choosing to be realistic now......

Zero tackle reporting Stockwell is on 325k......... my eyeballs are nearly popping out.......

My old man has supported Souths for over 45yrs and been a member for 17yrs and he can't understand why we are going with a rookie coach.......

Madge has that great passion for Souths and deserved another year......

Seibs has said he will take control over who he wants to buy

Well he is not doing agood job with recruitment so far.......

I think I might go through our 37 man squad and go through all the unproven rookies of which some will be trash plus all the others that aren't first graders....

There won't a miracle where they will all become first graders all of a sudden.....

Heck the Knights even have a better roster than us.... they let go of trash too like Gagan and Stockwell will be on 325k with us.........

I know foundation members that keep signing up through thick and thin but currently they are disillusioned with our club and all of them expect a long year next year......

They are very upset by it.........

Rabbits20

Immortal
325?? Your joking..right.. if true theres the reason we will be bottom 3 next season our purchasing is garbage
Players who couldnt crack 1st grade in cellar dwelling teams...i dont get it
Nope read my long post just above mate.....

I'm firing on all cylinders today..........

Onya Seibs;);)

Shall we go through and dissect our squad next???? I think we should........ ah maybe not on the other hand.....

Rabbits20

Immortal
Jacob Gagan was an absolute gun before he was struck down by injury at Cronulla. If he's back to 100% physically (and I doubt we'd sign him if he wasn't) then he's a really good pick up.

Jesse Martin is a really good player too.

I don't get all the negativity. Maybe some people are only happy when they're complaining?
I've seen some of Gagan..... he is very ordinary... waste of time....

Look at our squad compared to another 13 clubs or so.....

Do you want me to make up another thread and we can compare??? We are going backwards......

Latest posts