What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

And on the subject of Norths, all is not well since the Todd Carney situation. I think a lot of people thought that things had quietened down and they kind of have for this year but unless we see some major patch up work between now and the end of the year, that relationship is done.

It's no secret that the club was angling to have our own ISP team for 2020 anyway, at the moment they are looking at the logistics involved for getting a team off the ground a year earlier or aligning with someone else on a one year deal for 2019.

Will come down to a cost / benefit analysis as to which way it goes.

The way it stands at the moment, we will continue on with Norths until end of season and then we will part ways. I'm hoping we start our own ISP team again.

Curns13

Juniors
Farah officially gone. I wonder how much the Tigers are paying? I also wonder if we are gonna target someone with that money or just sit on it. Lets hope Cookie doesnt get injured.

Itsamansgame

Juniors
Well Seibold is a man of his word,now let's see if he's a man with a plan?
Why,why,why release him,when your trying to win a premiership and there isn't a better option available?
Just plain f**king dumb in my opinion!

Pommy

Coach
I'm pleased to see Farah released to return to Wests. Especially if we now use the roster spot/cap space to sign someone who can strengthen our first grade.

I’m glad we let him go as it’s nice to be nice.
I don’t see any outcome where this does anything but weaken our first grade though. Cook is a great player but he isn’t invincible, having a hooker like Farah in the wings was a big plus for our title hopes.

Last edited:

Rabbitoad

Juniors
Quickly read up on Bayley Sironen, he could be a very good return for Farah.
Former Australian Schoolboy and NSW u20 rep, he fits in with our recent recruitment policy and fills our need of another dummy half prospect in the club.
I'd love to see us sign Bayley.

I'm hoping we look to sign second rowers with ball playing/playmaking skills for 2019 and beyond.

An in form Sutton has taken huge amounts of pressure of Cody Walker and given us more attacking options down that left edge.

I think giving Reynolds a similar foil on the right would open up our options on that side.

Not saying Sironen would be a walk up start for that role, but he's definitely that style of player

Rabbitoad

Juniors
Why,why,why release him,when your trying to win a premiership and there isn't a better option available?
Salary cap management.

We could get a solid back up for a fraction of the price we were paying Robbie and use it to sign/retain players moving forward.

Why overpay for a back up when you don't have to?

Salary cap management.

We could get a solid back up for a fraction of the price we were paying Robbie and use it to sign/retain players moving forward.

Why overpay for a back up when you don't have to?

I wish we could have gotten rid of Farah at the end of last year tbh. That $450k or so that he was reported to be paid this year could have come in real handy. Ok, we probably just got out of around $150k of that by sending him to the Tigers but we essentially paid him $300k for two games this year.

Sure, he played really well in those two games but we certainly haven't seen value for money.

On the flip side, we could have front loaded a portion of that $450k into Angus's contract and it probably helps us resign him for another 3 or 4 years.

callmack1

Staff member
Farah released to Wests Tigers: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2018/06/20/farah-released-to-tigers/

While it's a shame to see him due because he was a great back up, I'm glad we have allowed him to finish his career on his terms. Imo, Robbie deserves it too, this has probably been the most challenging period of his entire career and he has been all class and nothing but professional since he got here. I want to thank you Robbie for your service especially that hand you've played in Cook's development.

In terms of a replacement, I think it's absoulutely vital we find someone decent. I'm sure Seibs will have a plan and I'm really hoping it's someone like Matt Mcilwrick as he'd be a cheap but solid back up imo.

Rabbitoad

Juniors
I wish we could have gotten rid of Farah at the end of last year tbh. That $450k or so that he was reported to be paid this year could have come in real handy. Ok, we probably just got out of around $150k of that by sending him to the Tigers but we essentially paid him $300k for two games this year.

Sure, he played really well in those two games but we certainly haven't seen value for money.

On the flip side, we could have front loaded a portion of that $450k into Angus's contract and it probably helps us resign him for another 3 or 4 years.
Agreed, but no one wanted him and he wasn't going to leave Sydney because of his business interests there.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
From what I’ve read on forums it sounds like Seibold rates Brittain quite highly and I’m all for Seibold’s judgements. We might see Brittain debut before Origin 3.

As for Farah returning home, I’m a big fan of this move. Keeping him could only cause him to become spiteful, as he’ll have to linger in reserve grade for the majority of the year. It’s also just a nice guy move. Not looking forward to playing the tigers now though. They will be even more fired up to beat us with Robbie leading them.

hunters

Juniors
What sort of service would we get from a guy who was denied a chance to return to first grade with a team that he truly loves and possibly finish out his career with. Would be plain dumb, not to mention heartless, not to release him.

Galeforce

Bench
I'd love to see us sign Bayley.

I'm hoping we look to sign second rowers with ball playing/playmaking skills for 2019 and beyond.

An in form Sutton has taken huge amounts of pressure of Cody Walker and given us more attacking options down that left edge.

I think giving Reynolds a similar foil on the right would open up our options on that side.

Not saying Sironen would be a walk up start for that role, but he's definitely that style of player

I understand that he is signed for 2019.

Latest posts