What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

callmack1

Staff member
Anyone know what Cook is doing?
He must be shopping around for a better offer.
Well I believe he's still on his honeymoon so I doubt any progress in terms of a contract will be made until he gets back.

The rumours are that he has agreed to a 4 year deal but the NRL won't sign off on it until we shed a player or two!! FMD if it was the rorters or broncos it wouldn't have been a problem!!
Good news if true! Hopefully we can offload Musgrove and Turner which should be enough.

Quality spine players are worth paying slight overs for and I think Cookie is worth certainly $800,000 but no more at this stage. He might even settle for a bit less hopefully. In saying that, I could certainly see him becoming a million dollar player in the future!

I think something that a lot of people are forgetting or are in-denial about though is that teams are going to set out to shut down Cookie for sure and that will almost be number one on their list when they play us. 2019 could potentially be one of the most challenging years of Cook's career as he needs to find a way to overcome this, we as a team need to find a way to overcome this by carrying on from 2018's red hot play-the-ball speed which makes Cokkie a massive factor in a game.

I have no doubts he can do it though and further develop other areas of his game.

handyman2190

Bench
On Big Sports Breakfast this morning they said that Cook may be following Deceitbold to the Broncos!! That will do me I'm over all this crap! Just get the swap done and move on to 22!!
And therein lies the reason we cannot let seibold coach our team ,he is undermining and recruiting our players he is despicable, but ill take mccullock in exchange he would be half the price, cook is bankrupting our club and i honestly dont think he is worth it

southsport

First Grade
And therein lies the reason we cannot let seibold coach our team ,he is undermining and recruiting our players he is despicable, but ill take mccullock in exchange he would be half the price, cook is bankrupting our club and i honestly dont think he is worth it
Cook started 2018 as an unknown quantity and he may may find more difficult to work his magic in coming seasons now that every coach can see what he is capable of.

handyman2190

Bench
Cook started 2018 as an unknown quantity and he may may find more difficult to work his magic in coming seasons now that every coach can see what he is capable of.
Exactly right,i have a feeling he may have limited opportunity this year,definately not worth more than 750k as i have previously stated

On Big Sports Breakfast this morning they said that Cook may be following Deceitbold to the Broncos!! That will do me I'm over all this crap! Just get the swap done and move on to 22!!

They probably got that from the Daily Telegraph as there is a report there saying Seibold wants Cook at the Broncos in 2020.

Pauly1

Juniors
Looks like Pangai Junior isn't coming to Souths.
He is staying loyal to the Broncs, maybe something Cook should be doing!

callmack1

Staff member
I think the swap is already a done deal, watch for some movement this week.
Great news!!

I said the same about Cook a couple of days ago. At this stage, he is worth $800k but next year is going to prove very challenging for him now coaches have worked him out. 2019 could potentially be one of the biggest of his career as he'll need to find a way to overcome this. I reckon he can do it if our forwards continue with the 2018 quick play-the-balls next year.

handyman2190

Bench
Looks like weve lost AJ
Holmes quiting nrl to try hayne plain nfl,crazy players think too much of themselves,another idiot.
Either way they need a FB immediately watch for AJ to ask for a release

CAFPOW

Juniors
If Cook do decide to follow Seibold to the Boncos, Harry Grant from the Storm is off contract.

QLD Cup Stats
19 games
8 Tries
5 Try assist
4 Line break assist
1 Goal
66.1 Avg running meters
1190 Total running meters
681 Tackles
90.6% Tackle efficiency

Last edited:

southsport

First Grade
If Cook do decide to follow Seibold to the Boncos, Harry Grant from the Storm is off contract.

QLD Cup Stats
19 games
8 Tries
5 Try assist
4 Line break assist
1 Goal
66.1 Avg running meters
1190 Total running meters
681 Tackles
90.6% Tackle efficiency
He sounds OK, but the storm might need him if Smith isn't re-signed.