What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

SattlersJaw14

Juniors
View attachment 15935 Good morning Gentlemen
I don't wish to sound the eternal pessimistic glass half empty type,but here's reality.
Forward losses from our 2017 roster,
Tyrrell
Cherrington
Rochow
Greinke
Gosiewski
Forward signings to date = 0

Backs lost from our roster,
Goodwin
Gray
Nielsen

Backs signed
Gagai
Arthars

Sadly out of form,not cutting the mustard or under a injury cloud,
Inglis
Burns
Hunt
Reynolds
Sutton
Turner
Clark
G.Burgess
Farah
Cook

Our team has simply no depth and to be placing so much expectation on Crichton,Murray,Graham and Fuimaono at such a early phase in their careers to cover all of the above is just not practical or possible.

you're another one that gets a little chubby when he sees that we've signed someone, or gets an email from the club, all this silence leads to frustration & it all comes out, starts attacking the club, I've seen it all before, over many years, many forums, you fit the profile of one of these knuckle draggers to a tee

you have to understand that the powers that be have all the names, all the players they want plotted out on a plan, they understand the big picture, they know the contract status of all players, they communicate with player managers,

rather than be such a pessimist, have some patience

Itsamansgame

Juniors
you're another one that gets a little chubby when he sees that we've signed someone, or gets an email from the club, all this silence leads to frustration & it all comes out, starts attacking the club, I've seen it all before, over many years, many forums, you fit the profile of one of these knuckle draggers to a tee

you have to understand that the powers that be have all the names, all the players they want plotted out on a plan, they understand the big picture, they know the contract status of all players, they communicate with player managers,

rather than be such a pessimist, have some patience
Chubby?...no a realist,there's been absolutely no need to feel chubby about anything.
Let's be blatantly honest,what players are still available that will improve our depth in the positions that we are lacking in,and we all know what positions they are.
All the horses have bolted and the stable is empty!

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Number 1 priority at the club is resigning Crichton. We lose him we take a massive step backwards. I could live with 0 signings as long as he's resigned. Most of the players we released weren't consistent first grade players anyway so they wouldn't of been on big money. However there is definitely spending space in the cap and there will be player movements. A lot of clubs are waiting on Cronks move. If we miss out on Cronk there will probably still be signings.

Last edited:

SattlersJaw14

Juniors
Chubby?...no a realist,there's been absolutely no need to feel chubby about anything.
Let's be blatantly honest,what players are still available that will improve our depth in the positions that we are lacking in,and we all know what positions they are.
All the horses have bolted and the stable is empty!

chub......errrrr don't worry, i'm not surprised you didn't understand it, pretty vacant

We have no idea what kind of reaction will happen if certain players are released, switch clubs, sign contracts etc
We also have young players coming through that are another year older & another year closer to first grade

You just want to hear from the club because like some others on here you are needy

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
chub......errrrr don't worry, i'm not surprised you didn't understand it, pretty vacant

We have no idea what kind of reaction will happen if certain players are released, switch clubs, sign contracts etc
We also have young players coming through that are another year older & another year closer to first grade

You just want to hear from the club because like some others on here you are needy

People just want to hear that the club is active in the player market I doubt they want us to sign a bunch of nobodies. Souths doesn't really deal with the media like other clubs do so supporters are constantly wondering.

No official announcement or note of him on any sites as a signing for next year.

So what? They don't put out an official release for every depth signing. It could well be a train and trial contract or whatever but he is definitely in the squad as it stands at the moment and has signed some sort of contract with us.

SattlersJaw14

Juniors
What do you mean by perfectly? Im pretty sure Richo has said that he doesn't deal with the media at all in relation to player signings and speculation. It was in the ask the bosses.

Why should he? players are entitled to employer/ employee confidentiality
The media will investigate & make up a whole lot of rumours anyway, its not up to the club to tell the media anything about possible signings, they'll release to the members or hold a press conference when they want us or the public to know anything, thats proffesional

Many years ago everyone whinged because we';d leak everything, our coaches would tel the media everything, all our business would be leaked, then Richo came along & ran it professionally, Madge came along & gave the media very little besides what he wanted them to know, & people still complain, we're damned if we do & damned if we don't

Itsamansgame

Juniors

lol needy,no mate my life is quite comfortable and not as challenged as yours.
Must admit though "needy" is an improvement from your "f...wit" description,incredible vocabulary from one so reliant on wit and satire to justify one's self importance!....YAWN!

Itsamansgame

Juniors
So what? They don't put out an official release for every depth signing. It could well be a train and trial contract or whatever but he is definitely in the squad as it stands at the moment and has signed some sort of contract with us.
Moderator?...back your statements with factual information before you start posting links.

SattlersJaw14

Juniors
lol needy,no mate my life is quite comfortable and not as challenged as yours.
Must admit though "needy" is an improvement from your "f...wit" description,incredible vocabulary from one so reliant on wit and satire to justify one's self importance!....YAWN!

Sorry, i can't understand any of what you're trying to say, please try again, once you get over being slapped in the face with a bottle of irony

Latest posts