What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

Rabbitoad

Juniors
Apart from direct perks, I’d be wondering what gifts, services and other rewards are provided to players families and spouses by unrelated sponsers.

Rusty made a whopping $82m in 2016 from all his movie work, has a large number of businesses and interests.

I’d say he could afford to set a valuable players spouse up pretty good in something or other.

I am not sure that this would need to be declared to the nrl but it would still be an income that would indirectly support the player. So there’s another avenue.

If I was Nick Politis I’d have the whole of the nrl buying cars from one of my dealerships under that cap and the players, they seem to love their cars. He could do this “legally” of course.

People look at the obvious connections, but there is all kinds of deals going on that nobody knows about, so many ways to rort.

I forgot to mention that Rusty paid his last wife out $20m. That’s one massive pay out figure. The price of silence.
:joy: You truly believe this shit, don't you? :joy:

Well at least I finally got my answer. You're genuinely this insecure.

callmack1

Staff member
Toad, can you ever let anyone post a rumour without slamming them? Honestly mate, handyman has been proven to have good sources in the past well before you even got here so I suggest you give him a break. There's no need to start a full on argument with someone everytime they post a rumour and all this bickering is why some people are becoming a bit fed up with this forum. I don't mind an argument, that's good but all this childish bickering needs to stop from both parties.

I'm not having a go at you either mate, I just don't wanna see this forum get torn apart when the solution is pretty simple really.

Rabbitoad

Juniors
Anyway, what a rumour about Pangi Jnr!!! Imagine how good that'd be?! Would totally make up for the loss of Crichton, perhaps more than make up for it. Rusty, while not always succeeding, is generally very good at convincing players so you never know what might happen. Apparently, the lure of playing with the Burgess boys is very tempting for him.

However, I still think it is somewhat unlikely to happen due to an apparent lack of salary cap space because we haven't even re-signed Sutto yet. In saying that, maybe we actually have more cap space than we are led to believe?

In regards to what people are saying about the Broncos, I don't see why everyone see's them as a bigger glamour club than us. We are the oldest club, the most successful club, the proudest club and have friggin fantastic resources. Throw in the new High Performance Centre, playing roster, staff and the fact that we have the biggest supporter base. It really doesn't get much bigger than South Sydney and in my opinion, for anyone to think that we are not equal, perhaps even greater than the Broncos in this regard is nonsence.
The Broncos as a one team city (in a strong rugby league city) get all the corporate/government money available.

That's why they can sign guys on half of what they were making at other clubs (like Korbin Sims from Newcastle a few years back).

Businesses in Brisbane will line up to sponsor players because it's a genuinely good way to get eyeballs on their brands.

ThingFish

Juniors
The Broncos as a one team city (in a strong rugby league city) get all the corporate/government money available.

That's why they can sign guys on half of what they were making at other clubs (like Korbin Sims from Newcastle a few years back).

Businesses in Brisbane will line up to sponsor players because it's a genuinely good way to get eyeballs on their brands.
And given all that it’s been a while since their last piece of silverware. Successful? Maybe back in the 90s. I’d call them more under performing, given their fan base and resources.

Rabbitoad

Juniors
And given all that it’s been a while since their last piece of silverware. Successful? Maybe back in the 90s. I’d call them more under performing, given their fan base and resources.
With their resources, both financial and in terms of players coming through their system, they should be rivaling Melbourne's dominance over the last 10/15 years.

callmack1

Staff member

Rabbitoad

Juniors
So we have Kennar, Clark, Fui, possibly Hunt, Arthurs and possibly Turner departing, does this free up enough cap space to have a genuine crack at Pangi Jnr?
I don't see how man.

We've already had to upgrade Cody and Adam Doueihi to retain them(and Sam, depending on which media source you believe). We'll definitely need to upgrade Jennings to keep him.

We need to retain/upgrade the likes of Tom, George, Cookie, Campbell Graham, Cameron Murray etc at the end of 2019 to keep them.

We dropped out of the race for Jaydn Sua because of salary cap restrictions.

I just don't see where we'd find the 600-800k+ required to snag Pangai.

I really, really hope I'm wrong, but I can't see how it could happen.

Plus TPJ shot down the rumour that Rusty had contacted him about signing.

handyman2190

Bench
So we have Kennar, Clark, Fui, possibly Hunt, Arthurs and possibly Turner departing, does this free up enough cap space to have a genuine crack at Pangi Jnr?

Buderus backs Kangaroos hooker Cook: https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/10/17/buderus-backs-kangaroos-hooker-cook/

Cook out to do justice to Smith's no.9 jersey: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2018/10/18/cook-out-to-do-justice-to-smiths-no.9-jersey/
Dont forget farrah who was on a rumoured 5 to 600k, crighton who must have been on a rumoured 350k,
I know we had to upgrade cooky and doughi and prob sam but id say we would have the funds, which is why sutton is hanging on to see whats left, if we do sign jnr i say 22 will come

Rabbitoad

Juniors
Dont forget farrah who was on a rumoured 5 to 600k, crighton who must have been on a rumoured 350k,
I know we had to upgrade cooky and doughi and prob sam but id say we would have the funds, which is why sutton is hanging on to see whats left, if we do sign jnr i say 22 will come
If Farah was on 600k, as rumoured, then that'd be for the full year which runs November 1st to November 1st in the NRL.

Since he left with like 4 months remaining on his deal, that'd mean we only saved about 200k by releasing him (then spent at least minimum wage of 80-odd thousand on McIlwrick)

Rabbits20

Immortal
I don’t think there is much point in trying to contribute to this forum anymore.
Hence why I have really cut back how much time I spend on here.

I feel so much better for being barely on here and worrying about the important stuff in life.

I’m gonna keep pretty quiet and won’t contribute much whilst all this shit continues. At this rate this forum is going its gonna push more people away imo!

Funny how I was blamed though by quite a few and when I disappear like I have been on purpose this place is now worse.

Oh but it is all R20’s fault yes that’s right.........

This better not be moved to the troll cave either or give me a warning as I’m actually being deadly serious..

Rabbits20

Immortal

Buderus backs Kangaroos hooker Cook: https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/10/17/buderus-backs-kangaroos-hooker-cook/

Cook out to do justice to Smith's no.9 jersey: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2018/10/18/cook-out-to-do-justice-to-smiths-no.9-jersey/
Hunt is gone bro.

Was announced at the Red and Green ball.

There was a rumour couple of weeks ago Kennar may be staying. He’s just started a new relationship too so may hold off on his Mormon mission 1 more year. He’d add to our depth and I saw enough from him early on in the season imo to keep him if he’s does stay. I got the Kennar stuff partly off internet but also from a good source.

Pangai to stay in Brisbane on a short term deal is a rumour going around too.

Knights to make a big play for 2020.

Oates to also stay in Brisbane.