What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbits Burrow...I mean Hole

Mighty Dragon

Juniors
The burrow, you blokes talk yourselves up but really, face it...judging by last night's performance you are discgraceful. I was sitting inbetween both armies Saints and Souths...Didn't hear a word you blokes were screaming, or should I say saying.

A tip for the future... Don't try and bunch up and sit close together, all clapping in unison etc etc...Unless you have more then about 20 people. I know your trying to get the whole English soccer army look, but it ain't happening. So before you start organising songs and banners...try getting some people there!

SaintTPP

First Grade
I was expecting alot more!!! The Burrow had about 15 people at the very back and pairs scattered in one bay. The Dragon Army filled two whole bays and had people scattered in the ones around them, and as for who was louder....there was no competiton there.

Maybe it was just because its a trial and none of the souths supporters could be bothered to go to the game?? But the burrow really sucked.

ash the bash

Juniors
Mighty Dragon said:
A hell of alot bigger than yours :lol:

i was just curiously asking but the dragon army is not as orgaised as the burrow, what i am saying is that you don't have dragon army memers do you, although nothing wrong with that as long as you get the support

by the way anyone got pics of the game, crowds etc

I'm sure their spirits where dampened by Souths pathetic showing. But they've got a great Army going when you consider their position in the comp.

They may talk themselves up but its all good. I wish every team had a colourful and rowdy bunch of supporters – It helps build up a positive and active fan culture which is good for League.

Keep it up lads
emthup.gif

woodgers

Bench
I agree, the burrow are doing a good job, especially for being in the situation they are.

One thing to mention from my past experience. Dragon Army whilst having numbers have 3 songs

1) St George - repeated slowly
2) Oh when the saints go marching in
3) St george - but this time faster and emphasising the St

This may have changed, I haven't been near them for about 2 seasons. So before coming in to the Souths forum and critcising the burrow for having a crack at the whole english soccer thing, get your own backyard in order

No we have plenty of songs but those three are the only ones that EVERYONE sings so their pretty much the only ones you here if you’re a fair way away.

Which is the exact same deal with the Burrow – because of the numbers they get singing their songs you cant here them.

Clevo

Juniors
Teh dragon army were huge... dunno about filling two whole bays... looked like you would have filled one whole bay if you all actually sat in one bay. It's enviable...won't deny that.

To bad you only had two flag wavers. I couldn't hear you guys from our end either. I was wondering what was going on. For your size you didn;t add any more than we did to the Atmosphere... At least the ground announcer knew what we were called. (ie he could read)

We are growing and the standing and singing is catching on. Obviously we were shattered by the reggie performance. We expected a LOT more than that.

Still.. we will be back.

Keep in mind to that we are an independant "Inc" from the SSFC or LC. Both have given us support but we do 90% of our stuff on our own. With regular meetings with the club the support we give each other will grow. Souths MUST win games.

It's obvious the NRL are keen to get some singing going this year at the games as evident with what they were trying to do for the TV ad but I doubt they will come to the Dragon Army for advice. :D From my understanding there's a bit of confusion amongst the fans on what the Dragon Army actually means and who's in it and who isn't.

Congrats on the Dragon Army on their size.... I guess you guys need to do something with it. Hopefully you'll come to the next game with more than three songs and actually add the word "illawarra" in one of them instead of leaving it up to us.

I always look forward to the Dragon Army clash.... not sure if you were there for last years SCG clash...come on admit it... we got ya good! It's always fun to get the singing duels going.

:)

Tell Adrian I still love him.... :p

Cheers

Clevo

Juniors
Mighty Dragon said:
The burrow, you blokes talk yourselves up but really, face it...judging by last night's performance you are discgraceful. I was sitting inbetween both armies Saints and Souths...Didn't hear a word you blokes were screaming, or should I say saying.

A tip for the future... Don't try and bunch up and sit close together, all clapping in unison etc etc...Unless you have more then about 20 people. I know your trying to get the whole English soccer army look, but it ain't happening. So before you start organising songs and banners...try getting some people there!

Actually I just got a report from a friewnd of mine who watched our woeful performance on FOX. He reckons the commentators mentioned the Burrow a few times and we got some good TV coverage.....and nothing on the Dragon Army.

That pleased me a little.... I'd rather we win. :cry:

iggy plop

First Grade
Mighty Dragon said:

The burrow is a joke. Other clubs leave it for dead.

The burrow consists of blue seats - you can't really generate any atmosphere from blue seats.

Hopefully things can improve

Wobbygong

First Grade
Clevo,

I suggest your friend hasn't got a clue, on any number of occassions the commentators on Fox mentioned how the Dragon support easily outnumbered the Rabbits including the burrow.

You have to give the Burrow points for trying, because following Souths must be like having your teeth pulled without anaesthetic.

As much as I dislike the Dragqueens they did look reasonably impressive, although your guys were pathetic for 80 minutes. Even had MacDruggal and Hill played it would have still been a major touch up.

Stringer was the only Souths player who can hold his head up.

Clevo

Juniors
Wobby..... I guess I'll have to watch the replay. I have no doubt there were more St.g supporters than Souths at the games.

The St.G team out played Souths in every department.

This thread is about the two supporter groups.

From where I sat (the bay next to the Burrow) I couldn't the DragQueens at all. Yes, the Souths fans were quiet, esp. in the 2nd half but with Souths playing like muppets, it's hard to get behind a losing team. What is the saints excuse?

ash the bash

Juniors
a question to the dragon army :lol:

is it just st george supporters or does it alos have illawarra fans as well, please be honest i have allways wanted the answer to this :D

Clevo

Juniors
Ash mate... it's pretty obvious from they way they get cut when you mention the word "illawarra" they have not quite feel comfortable with the merger. They of course like the benfits of a larger playing pool but that's about it.

Tigerpete

Juniors
I have to agree, it was easier to see the burrow than the dragon army, however i think that was largely due to the fact that there was about 20-30 in the burrow and what must've been about 1.5 bays worth of the dragon army.

Mambo

Juniors
The thing is the burrow is still developing, with a very solid and professional structure.

With any sort of winning team, we'd be rivaling the dragon army, who only cheered when the team scored a try. It was mostly like a morg on that side of the field.

Its sad because there is so much potential.

Question for the saints fans, what was it like to watch your team in what appeared to me much closer to an illawarra jersey than a saints one. Its about time i reckon. Go Steelers.

alive103

Juniors
Northwest Rabbit said:
The thing is the burrow is still developing, with a very solid and professional structure.

With any sort of winning team, we'd be rivaling the dragon army, who only cheered when the team scored a try. It was mostly like a morg on that side of the field.

Its sad because there is so much potential.

Question for the saints fans, what was it like to watch your team in what appeared to me much closer to an illawarra jersey than a saints one. Its about time i reckon. Go Steelers.

Good to see Souths developed some alternate Shorts for the occasion. When are Souths going to develop a Charity Shield jersey? I'm a Saints fan and bought our Steelers jersey. The money goes to the club I support which is the main thing. They wouldn'y look that bad if it had a black sponsorship on it.

A morgue on our side of the field? We made a fair bit of noise for a trial. The first half was pretty loud. The second half was boring on the field and because there were a lot of new players on the park, we were coming up with Nicknames and songs like we do every year at the Charity Shield.

When Martina Natratolova kicked off, a portion of the Army broke into "Does your girlfriend know you're here" like the taunt we give the cheergirls throughout a season.

I like the Burrow and the concept that you guys are trying to institute in your fan group. Are you moving back to Bay 38 once the season starts because that roof there really helps the atmosphere created? If you guys built up, then Bay 3 could be the go.

Latest posts