What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Race lines up NRL's quick men

Spot On

Coach
Don't know why Slater would be there, i thought Inglis was the quickest at our club.

I think Uate has lost a foot or two of pace over the last year or 2.

Yes I think there a few quicker than Uate. David Mead had little trouble chasing him down last week.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I reckon Kevin Gordon and Isaac Gordon would be good bets.

Jharal Yow Yeh is supposed to be a flier and K. Gordon just ran round him easily on Friday night despite being the ball carrier.

This thing will be ruined, though, if they put in superstar players who are nowhere near the fastest like Hayne, Dugan or Slater.

Wouldn't Eric Grothe be faster than Hayne over 100?

bender

Juniors
It's been the only event of its kind since Norths and Manly speedster Mike Cleary defeated Ken Irvine in a photo finish in front of 10,000 fans at the Wentworth Park Greyhound Complex in 1964. Cleary posted a time of 9.7 seconds on a damp grass track to pick up the £1000 purse.

:lol: Irvine and Cleary could have kicked Usain Bolt's ass if it was on a proper running track, or if they trained properly for the event!

Paullyboy

Coach
I'd be very surprised if Dugan was our fastest player.

I think this will be sensational though, I love this sort of thing, it's great for the game if treated seriously - it'll generate so much debate in the lead-up, and as a result rugby league will be the winner, it should happen every year.

For the record, the Titans wingers are ridiculously quick, but I'm not sure if it's just over 40 that they fly.

aqua_duck

Coach
There's a bloke named Kevin Naiqama playing NSW cup, I saw him do the impossible and run down Kevin Gordon in a NYC game last year

The Engineers Room

First Grade
I think they should have heats within the teams with the fastest 8 going into the finals. Say two per team, that's 32 runners (4 heats). Make it a real event.

They could even have a public choice, props race. We nominate the 8 to run.

That would make it a great spectacle with plenty of interest.

Moffo

Referee
How about the fastest in each position? Have a couple of runs between each of the games on grand final day. I think I'd buy a ticket just to see that

Sleep

Juniors
Chris Lawrence would go alright. I remember seeing him mow down Slater and one of the Morris boys.

The two Titans wingers are absolute flyers though too.

Chook Norris

First Grade
absolutely no point if park footy players dominate the race.. actually, i'd prefer it if the race was restricted to first graders only

Eels Dude

Coach
It's not a bad idea... but having this in the middle of the NRL finals series... is anyone going to give a flying f**k when it actually happens?

hellteam

First Grade
This is just going to end up being a race between a bunch of no name Toyota Cup players..

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I reckon Kevin Gordon and Isaac Gordon would be good bets.

Jharal Yow Yeh is supposed to be a flier and K. Gordon just ran round him easily on Friday night despite being the ball carrier.

This thing will be ruined, though, if they put in superstar players who are nowhere near the fastest like Hayne, Dugan or Slater.

Wouldn't Eric Grothe be faster than Hayne over 100?

yep, definitely

Hayne is evasive but not blessed with extra speed

Fui is our fastest over 20, over 50 I would say Guru or Burt, although Tom Humble maybe our fastest, he hasn't played yet but he may debut on MNF against Manly replacing KK at 5/8

fourplay

Juniors
No one wants to see a bunch of u20's race even if they are the fastest.

The people want to see Hayne vs Slater vs Jennings vs Uate vs Lawrence etc.

Paullyboy

Coach
No one wants to see a bunch of u20's race even if they are the fastest.

The people want to see Hayne vs Slater vs Jennings vs Uate vs Lawrence etc.

Very true.

I don't particularly care if they are big-names, but they should be regular first graders as a minimum

Latest posts