What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders Poach Sharks Young Gun

Frenzy.

Immortal
The Raiders have signed one of their youngest ever players – a 16-year-old front-rower from the Cronulla Sharks juniors.

Jayze Tuigamala played Harold Matthews for the Sharks this year and was chased by a number of NRL clubs, according to his agent Luke Lombardi.

“I had multiple clubs interested but we were very impressed with the pathway Canberra had to offer,” Lombardi said. “I strongly believe the Raiders have signed the best 16-year-old in the country”.

The Raiders last year pinched another of the Sharks best youngsters – fullback Chevy Stewart. He has a four-year deal at the Raiders.

Little bit disappointing if we are losing promising junior middles to other clubs.

engine room is where we need to sure up the most.

There's 5-6 or more ahead of him.

Blame Ennis, he's probably a double agent
As long as the wolf is not raiding the chicken coop.

We need to build are hard ass pack again.

We need some aggression, we get bullied when the heat comes on.

I'd love JWH for a season or 2 to bring on some younger middles.

Frenzy.

Immortal
As long as the wolf is not raiding the chicken coop.

We need to build are hard ass pack again.

We need some aggression, we get bullied when the heat comes on.

I'd love JWH for a season or 2 to bring on some younger middles.
Yeah but this kid isn't getting anywhere near the NRL for 5,6 or 7 years!

JWH is staying where he is

Weaponhead

Coach
What's our short to medium term plan with the middles?

we need some steel. we will get out muscled when it counts.
It appears the short term plan is to keep developing the middles already here. With Hunt re-signing, they are all locked in for next season.

Wade will need to be replaced. Possibly Teig.

Edges in NSW Cup are Jets players asfik. Not sure if any of those are on the radar.

It appears the short term plan is to keep developing the middles already here. With Hunt re-signing, they are all locked in for next season.

Wade will need to be replaced. Possibly Teig.

Edges in NSW Cup are Jets players asfik. Not sure if any of those are on the radar.
happy about hunt.
big unit and been playing well.

we are missing a gal or fifita style player.
Take some real tough carries under adversity. Some real forward grit.

I still think wade looks good in his stints from the middle.

great passing game and can hit a back rower or centre with his passing game without relying on hynes or moylan.

Stake Removed

First Grade
I would rather be in the position of other teams trying to pinch our good potential young players.
It could be otherwise us trying to pinch someone.
We have plenty in our system coming through.

The Panthers deal with this situation all the time, I am sure the club would have said we are not paying that amount, and best of luck elsewhere

shadowboxer

First Grade
Ricky must of sealed the deal with a chat over coffee, promise of paper bags and Karl Filinga.
Honestly, as a city I don’t mind Canberra - good bars, restaurants and vibe….but moving from 2230 to Canberra - good luck young man.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Isn't it nice to have a "gun" player poached, rather than us poaching and throwing stupid coin at youngsters like Karl Filinga, Matt Wright there were a few others can't remember names.