What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Random Tigers articles from the media

Tiger Ted

Bench
We can genuinely challenge for the title in a few yrs building a team around Mitch & Teddy.Unfortunately we will have to pay that kind of money for them due to offers they r getting from predatory clubs with a lot more wherewithal than us like the bondi scum.

Brooks' real worth is 60k.Weve had 3 yrs of ineptitude from this bum.The talk is from people in the know re offers for off contract players is that unsurprisingly nobody wants this impostor.

Woods is not going anywhere.He will b our club captain for many more years.

macnaz

Staff member
Bullshit.. Brookes would be worth a small fortune on the market. Of course clubs will be after him .
The only thing making him look shit is a useless coach and an over dominate five eight :(

Tigerm

First Grade
Bullshit.. Brookes would be worth a small fortune on the market. Of course clubs will be after him .
The only thing making him look shit is a useless coach and an over dominate five eight :(
True, and they used to say that about a hooker we used to have;)

Clifferd

Coach
Moses, Brooks in doubt for NRL trial
From ESPN 1:20 PM AEDT Matt Encarnacion

Wests Tigers halves Mitchell Moses and Luke Brooks are likely to head into their NRL season-opener without playing a minute of the club's trial games due to injury.

Both players are in doubt for the Tigers' final trial against North Queensland on Saturday after Moses suffered a heel injury in the All Stars game and Brooks got his wisdom teeth pulled out.

Moses was in a moon boot as he sat out Monday's training session, and while he wants to play against the Cowboys in Campbelltown, he is unlikely to risk further injury.

The Tigers five-eighth hurt his foot early for the World All Stars in the annual fixture against the Indigenous All Stars and while he came back on, failed to finish the match.

"It's nothing bad, just precautionary. I should be right this week to play but if it's not right, I'll definitely be sweet for round one anyway. It's just to take the weight of my heel," he said.

"I wouldn't mind (a game), just to get a go with the boys. Against the Cowboys as well, that'll allow us to see where we're at and how we've trained.

"It'd be good to get a game in, but it's not the end of the world."

While the pair are almost certain to meet South Sydney in round one, the Tigers face a number of injury problems leading up to the clash at ANZ Stadium on March 3.

Veteran hooker Matt Ballin is racing the clock on his return from a second straight knee reconstruction, while back-up rake Jacob Liddle missed their last trial with a shoulder issue.

Their uncertain status could mean an unlikely call-up for late signing Matt McIlwrick, while utility Justin Hunt was also sporting a moon boot at Concord.

Ballin also confirmed he is unlikely to trial and is 50-50 for round one.

"I've been out doing field sessions for the last month, pretty much full field sessions. Contact's been more so lately and it feels strong," he said.

"At the moment I feel really confident with it. It'll just depend on availability and what they want to do. The conservative road would be reserve grade then first grade after that."

BrotherJim05

Bench
I prefer that our staff are not rushing players back and being precautionary. Our S&C in the past two years has been outstanding, especially when compared to the Sheens/Potter years.

I was really hoping for Ballin vs. Farah come round 1...

TiggaPlease

Hopefully not before Moses is back we do need a goal kicker.
Does anyone know his Goal Kicking success rate compared to Moses?

Not sure of the figures but having seen both kick i'd say they'd both be worse % than Benji, and that's not saying much at all.

phenisha

Juniors
seems weird that we tried to offload both Lovett and Simona a few weeks before they get caught for doing something silly.

Though this is the problem that the league has with one hand accepting lots of money off gambling companies, and on the other hand banning players from betting. seems a little two faced.

Anyway lets see how this all plays out with respect to our salary cap etc.

simmo05

Bench
Timbo, just tell the nrl someone rooted your mrs, have a cry, and you will get a sweet gig somewhere else. Worked for that other stain

doing something silly
phenisha, little kids do something silly. These are grown men caught with something and doing something that they both know is wrong.

In Simona's case, how many times did he not pass the ball to a player in a try scoring position simply because he had a 'small wager' on himself to be the first try scorer and the Tigers didn't score?
Gee, I just though, he may have done it because he knew that his winger couldn't keep up to him, that winger being Rankin. Seriously though, the guy should be gone from the NRL.

Does that ease the salary cap problem?

Blood Suli NOW