What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rate the Best Halves Combination for 2018

JDHD

Juniors
Given how DCE combined w/ Green, I'm surprised so many people have them so low

mickeylane

Bench
Given how DCE combined w/ Green, I'm surprised so many people have them so low
Green will leave this year hence no settled combo - my hunch is sea eagles will get Morgan in 2019 and team him up w Cherry Evans.. Then they'll have best combo in the Comp!

MrDragon007

Juniors
Im going to rate the best halves combination for 2018 based on the individuals ability to deliver at their max potential....so in our case if Widdop performs on his form from round 1-7 last year and Ben Hunts performs as he did in the last 8 rounds last year for the Broncos that equates to their potential.

Top 8 combinations based on max ability:

1. Thurston/Morgan
2. Cleary/Maloney
3. Hunt/Widdop
4. Norman/Moses
5. Cronk/Keary
6. Milford/Nikorima
7. Croft/Munster
8. Pearce/Moylan

Interesting ratings if you can consider how important the halves combination are to a teams success..I honestly think we have a top 4 halves combination.....will that equate to a top 4 team...(we have the forwards)

Any thoughts on these combinations..
Id rather rate them as how well they complement eachother.
I like the basis off what you put, but each player playing at there max will depend on there halves partner and how well they gel and compliment eachothers style of play.
With us, Hunt can organise, but he can also carve up. He has a great show and go. Widdop will excel having a halves partner that the defense has to be wary off.
Widdop in 2017 suffered from the fact that McCrone couldnt do anything. So the defence knew "shut down Widdop and you shut down the dragons".
With hunts arrival, opposing teams cant just focus on widdop, and they cant just focus on Hunt.
With that in mind id have:
1. Thurston / Morgan
2. Cronk / Keary
3. Hunt / Widdop