What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rate the Grand Finals 2000-2004

Smartman

Juniors
1. 2003- Penrith vs Easts - The best by far, great game in the wet and who will ever forget Sattlers try saver when at 6-6

2. 2004- Canterbury vs Easts - Special because it was Freddies last game, lots of mistakes but a close game which kept it exciting

3. 2001- Newcastle vs Parramatta - Over at halftime, huge underdog Knights shock the favourites and led 24-0 at the break.

4. 2002- Easts vs Warriors - Great game for 60 minutes before the rooters ran away with it.

5. 2000- Brisbane vs Easts - A dull game which brisbane always had in the bag.

Panthers_God

Juniors
Smartman said:
1. 2003- Penrith vs Easts - The best by far, great game in the wet and will ever forget Sattlers try saver when at 6-6

2. 2004- Canterbury vs Easts - Special because it was Freddies last game, lots of mistakes but a close game which kept it exciting

3. 2001- Newcastle vs Parramatta - Over at halftime, huge underdog Knights shock the favourites and led 24-0 at the break.

4. 2002- Easts vs Warriors - Great game for 60 minutes before the rooters ran away with it.

5. 2000- Brisbane vs Easts - A dull game which brisbane always had in the bag.

Thats pretty much the way i see it but i'd have 2002 ahead of 2001.

Misty Bee

First Grade
Rate them how you like - I think none ofthem have been earth shatting events.

The standout moment - by a mile - was the double tackle on Fittler by Temata and Villisanti.

1 - 2003
2 - 2002
3 - 2001
4 - 2004
5 - 2000

Dunno why you'd have 2002 so low, it was a cracker of a game. Last year's was fairly boring IMO, but nothing can compare to the snooze-fest that was 2000.

Iafeta

Referee
I'm glad most of you remember the 2002 was a great game for at least 60 minutes, and took a hell of a lot of Morley/Fittler inspired guts to run over the Warriors at the end - rather than the way most experts still portray it "The Grand Final that Should Have Been" or "The Grand Final that never was". Meh.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Misty Bee said:
Rate them how you like - I think none ofthem have been earth shatting events.

The standout moment - by a mile - was the double tackle on Fittler by Temata and Villisanti.

Amazing effort by Te Mata considering he didn't even fly over for the game.

The significance of that moment (or the following tackle by Morley which was really nothing special) is way overrated. I don't see how it contributed to what happened next- a decisive try by Craig Fitzgibbon which was extremely soft and extremely dubious.