What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd 11 vs Warriors: Live Game Day Thread - 18th May 2018

Are you getting pumped?

• Total voters

IFR33K

Coach
He had a long bomb on him, but he had pretty much zero placement or finesse and absolutely no short kicking game. He just belted the thing.

It's not a very good point.

So you agree that a kicking game ranks higher then a passing and running game for a half? Not to mention organising skills.

Bazal

Post Whore
So you agree that a kicking game ranks higher then a passing and running game for a half? Not to mention organising skills.

That's a fairly insane inference to make from a post about how good a winger was at kicking...how on earth did you conclude that?

Gutherson’s playmaking out wide has been the worst. His best play was when he dummied and went himself for the try. Otherwise he threw plenty of dumb passes. When the defence has it all covered you need to hold the ball and take the tackle. Get to your kick.

We are the worst team in the league for building pressure

we either do the block plays where the receiver might as well have a bullseye on his chest because everyone knows where the ball is going

or we go offload crazy & toss the ball around willy nilly then knock it on or toss it over the sideline

Stevie

Bench
I’ve been head down all day haven’t read anything but am now blind at the pub yee har lets go Parra f**k yeah!!!
I just sobered up f**k me these bunch of wankers drive me to the drink.

Got dinner with the Mrs at 7 so just went for a walk and ended up at the pub.

Somehow watching Knights Titans fumble around is more enjoyable than watching my beloved team haha

Happy MEel

First Grade
I suspect the Warriors get their stars a bit cheaper than other teams.

And we scored an equal number of tries against both teams, in all four games.
Well that’s just fantastic. I’m sure when we look back on season 2018 in years to come we’ll be joyous at the fact we scored the same number of tries and lost.

They found a way to win with a depleted side. If we can’t then we need to change the roster/coaching ranks to find those that will. Injuries happen....it needs to be planned for

hindy111

Post Whore
Here’s a simple question - how did we go from winning 16 games last year to winning two this year? Radradra was worth 14 wins was he? A f**king winger?

The staff are right to be confused as to the turnaround in execution. There are players who played well last year who are now playing poorly. Losing an outside back - even the best in the world - doesn’t cause that.

The best explanation is injuries, much like how the 2016 Roosters fell to shit despite few roster changes.

Bounce of balls went our way last season. Along with Semi. Brown and Guthersons form was amazing. Both been non factors, either out while Guths yet to get back to his form of last season.
Add the dip in Jennings form who was back to best last season. Everyone else I feel is at a simmilar level. Heck Norman wasn't playing great a lot of 2017 either.

Ive said it 100 x last season we where never that dominant we where confident in winning each game. We never reached thst consistant level.

So throw in everything I've mentioned and any idiot can see why our 8 point wins have turned into 8 point losses.

Without injuries id say we are closer to equal in those losses while form of certain players is whats costing is the 8 point wins.

Has anyone stepped up and given WOW factor this year? Last year we had 3. Semi,Brown,Gutherson.
A case to be made for each as best in there positions.

Not one player has stepped their game up this year while many have regressed.

hindy111

Post Whore
And dont forget bounce of ball....Its cost us 3 games this year im certain of.

Dogs, game 2 panthers, warriors.

Last season we had all the luck. Judt like the dogs when made GF and Morris and Barba where the best players in game. Anyhting they did turned to gold.

hindy111

Post Whore
Moeroa is more of a middle forward. He just fills in on the edge because his defence is good. Even last year he only played 20 minutes out wide so Edwards didn't need to play the full 80.

I only see him as a slug up the guts. Gower is far past him. A journey man aged 33yld. I want Teps to come good but he just seems average.

Niaukore in limited mins ran hard but gee he seemed off pace of first grade. Struggled to get back inline in defense big time.

TheParraboy

Staff member
I just sobered up f**k me these bunch of wankers drive me to the drink.

Got dinner with the Mrs at 7 so just went for a walk and ended up at the pub.

Somehow watching Knights Titans fumble around is more enjoyable than watching my beloved team haha

snuggle up with the missus tonight mate

have the doritos and tissues at hand

royal weddings don't come around every year