What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RD 22, it's early don't miss it

Perth Red

Post Whore
Round 22 has been brought forward and the next WA Reds home game will be Sunday July 20th with a 3pm kick off.

Hopefully the sun will come out and we will get a bumper crowd for a good old fashioned game of Sunday afternoon RL. Get there early, enjoy a few beers and cheer the lads on to a much needed victory.

The game is against Chester Hill Rhinos who sit on the same points as us so it should be another nail biter of a game and one we are more than capable of winning if we play for the full 80mins.

With the wooden spoon looming we need a win and soon!

Commeeeeeeee Onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn Youuuuuuuuuu Redsssssssssss!!!

Nuke

Staff member
I thought I heard the 2 week Jim Beam Cup break was being reduced to 1 with a random round being brought in ... Anyone know why this is happening?

albert

Juniors
I think it is because a couple of games were washed out a few weeks back.And this is the only time they could slot them in.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Anyone know who the WARL teams are in the warm up game?

Is the WARL final before the end of the Reds season? Would be great to have the final pre a Reds game at MES.

Nuke

Staff member
The curtain-raisers this coming week was to be Fremantle vs Rockingham, but due to the apparent lack of quality in the surface at the moment, the games have been re-relocated back to Ken Allen Field on the Saturday.

In relation to the WARL Grand Final being a curtain-rasier to a Reds game, it's actually the other way around as I understand it. The WA Reds will take the backseat for the WARL Grand Final on Saturday 6th September.

Nuke

Staff member
Haha! One would hope!

Thing is, I just realised about 30mins ago that the Round 22 match that's being played on Sunday is in fact the game that would be played on WARL GF day ... meaning the Reds might have that weekend off instead (I don't know though). Perhaps this is to avoid the clash?

Does anyone know if the whole of the Jim Beam Cup Round 22 is being moved to this coming weekend, or is it just the WA Reds game?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Yeh i noticed that, will be a great shame if they can't play the two games on the same day. Would have had a bumper crowd. Hopefully they keep the WARL final at MES regardless.

Perth Red

Post Whore
from WA Reds

Reds V Chester Hill This Sunday

This Sunday the Bartercard WA Reds will meet the team they went within a couple of points of defeating in their debut Jim Beam Cup game at the start of this season.
It was only inexperience and an interrupted flight schedule that took its toll when the Reds went down to Chester Hill 24 - 28 in Sydney however a home ground advantage should see a turn around this weekend.
Last weekend was a bye which has allowed the team to recuperate and to analyse their recent performances with a view to having a big game on Sunday and a win for their fans.
The team will be announced tomorrow however it will not include Delane Edwards who broke his arm against the Belrose eagles and will be out for the rest of the season.
Pre game entertainment will begin at 2 pm on Sunday with kick off in the main game at 3pm.
This promises to be a great battle and one not to be missed.
See you at the WAR ZONE!

Roland

Juniors
With several players released before 30 June by the Newtown club, there have been no State Cup players supplied to Chester Hill for several weeks. That combined with injuries means that the current lineup is that of a moderate A Grade side. They have had 130 points scored against them in 3 games.

The Reds should be looking for a big win.

Perth Red

Post Whore
No WARL warm up game due to pitch condition. (I hope the MES redevelopment has factored in a new pitch or else I can't see three teams playing on it all year round!)

Missing for Sunday: Coppedge (ankle), Edwards (arm) mcmenemy and Godecke (rep duty)

Team line up:

1. Kestel
2. Lindegaard
3. Morgan
4. Egglestone
5. Te Wara
6. Sheehan
7. Dickson
8. Blake
9. Thomas
10. Small
11. Tahu
12. McGowan
13. Phipps
14. Searle
15. Keating
16. McCrone
17. Gherardi

joondalup_giant

Staff member
not a bad side, wonder what happened 2 craig phillis?

i'd boot McCrone, move Taurean 2 the Beanch n have Phillis at 5/8

b0rt

Juniors
your just saying that purely to get gherardi in the starting side because hes scored a lot of tries though arent you

Latest posts