What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RD 22, it's early don't miss it

Perth Red

Post Whore
Final score: WA Reds 29-16 Chester Hill

10-0 at HT to Reds. Scrappy game and still some really basic errors cost us a cricket score against a very average Rhinos team. Still considering our 3 best attacking players were missing not a bad result. Crowd was small which was a shame as it was a perfect Winters afternnon for RL.

joondalup_giant

Staff member
looked like just over 300 people there i think at the most! pretty disappointing. great game's from Mick Kestle & Gheradi

Nuke

Staff member
I was suprised at the smallness of the crowd. A beautiful sunny day (albeit bloody cold when the sun disappeared behind a cloud!), juniors already finished for the day, and a probable Reds win.

I know they were broadcasting this game on radio (101.7fm ... the new location for the 2GB Continous Call Team broadcasts and the WA League show on Friday arvos), so maybe people stayed home and listened to it instead! I only heard the wrap-up of the game in the car on the way home from the stadium, and they said this was the first broadcast of a WA Reds match. Hopefully this continues for the rest of the season and continues on in the years ahead.

I don't know what could be done to bring the people back in through the gates - especially on a day like today.

joondalup_giant

Staff member
i think they should hav the junior's play before hand and hav an under 7's game at half time, it'd encourage parent's 2 stay around n definitly would be memorable 4 the kid's maybe somthin they can do next year

Perth Red

Post Whore
I think it partly has to do with the Reds performances of late, last two games we have been dreadful. Still don't know where those missing 2000 have gone from the first game though. Maybe Perth RL fans aren't interested in an NRL team after all?

Must admit the place had an air of despondency around yesterday compared to previous games with no programmes, no merchandise stall, the bars closed and such a small crowd. We need to seriously strengthen next season and be challenging for the GF to draw a crowd I fear.