What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RD 25: Parramatta Eels v Newcastle at Hunter Stadium 3.00pm 30/8/14

TheParraboy

Staff member
thanks all. so if eels finish 6, do we play at Pirtek or ANZ?

Would love to see us play the dogs.

NQ and Melb are scary

Manly and Souths were scary a week or two ago

Let them all take turns in the limelight, and we ambush the lot one by one come finals time :cool:

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
This is the danger game. Canberra are an absolute rabble. I know it was close last time but they can't put in another defensive performance like that. We'll kill them. Just need to get past the Knights...

Chipmunk

Coach
Thats why having a top 8 is ridiculous..

Should only be 4-6 teams in the finals, the others are just making up the numbers so the NRL can squeeze as much money out of the finals series as possible

Even if it was a Top 6, there would still be 11 teams with a chance of making the Top 6 with 2 games to play.

There is a shift in the confidence of the players, the 2nd half against Manly clearly revealed this. They bring this confidence to the Knights & Raiders games and we smash both of them. I do not expect us to win the GF but we now loom as a dark-horse. We just need Tonga, Mau, Sio, Pauli Pauli, back in the fold and we have the firepower to go the distance with any team. Can we beat them all at their best? Can't say we can. It looks a huge task but we do have a smart coach and anything is possible, one game at a time.

Still have not forgotten watching the 2009 Eels vs Dragons semi final with Casper and the genius of our winning coach against almost all-odds is now lingering somewhere in the background helping Brad Arthur. Anything is possible with Jarryd Hayne aiding his team to a GF win. Bob Fulton did it "on his own" for Manly, why can't Jarryd with the support of Sandow, Hopoate, Norman, etc?

That Eels 2009 semi final victory over the Dragons is up there with the 1969 Tigers defeat of the Rabbits (not excluding what Wally Lewis did in origin a few times back in the 1980's with Alan Langer).

Last edited:

oldmancraigy

Coach
This is the danger game. Canberra are an absolute rabble. I know it was close last time but they can't put in another defensive performance like that. We'll kill them. Just need to get past the Knights...

Canberra also completed 75% of their sets against us. Hard to see that happen again.

oldmancraigy

Coach

Should only be 4-6 teams in the finals, the others are just making up the numbers so the NRL can squeeze as much money out of the finals series as possible

Nah, top 8 is way better. Keeps interest in the season for more teams much longer.

TheParraboy

Staff member
There is a shift in the confidence of the players, the 2nd half against Manly clearly revealed this. They bring this confidence to the Knights & Raiders games and we smash both of them. I do not expect us to win the GF but we now loom as a dark-horse. We just need Tonga, Mau, Sio, Pauli Pauli, back in the fold and we have the firepower to go the distance with any team. Can we beat them all at their best? Can't say we can. It looks a huge task but we do have a smart coach and anything is possible, one game at a time.

Still have not forgotten watching the 2009 Eels vs Dragons semi final with Casper and the genius of our winning coach against almost all-odds is now lingering somewhere in the background helping Brad Arthur. Anything is possible with Jarryd Hayne aiding his team to a GF win. Bob Fulton did it "on his own" for Manly, why can't Jarryd with the support of Sandow, Hopoate, Norman, etc?

That Eels 2009 semi final victory over the Dragons is up there with the 1969 Tigers defeat of the Rabbits (not excluding what Wally Lewis did in origin a few times back in the 1980's with Alan Langer).

If we have confidence in our ability to play controlled free flowing (without silly unforced errors) with 50% of the ball, and of course our defence is solid, there is no reason why we cant go all the way aka tigers 2005

My only issue is we try to score of every set, and do dumb errors, and whistle happy refs giving the opposition a leg up, but same infringements by them don't get blown

TheParraboy

Staff member
Ma'u must be close to being back?

Be bloody awesome to give him some game time before the finals

Joely01

Bench

Yeah just like 09 :lol:

Joely01

Bench
Ma'u must be close to being back?

Be bloody awesome to give him some game time before the finals

There was a lot of talk last week by some at the club he was going to be a late inclusion on Friday.
I think we could see him this week

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I can see us losing this week but defeating Canberra the following week and still making the eight.

I see us fighting for 8th spot with warriors, dragons and broncos

I predict the following:

Broncos will defeat dragons, knocking them out of finals contention
Warriors defeating titans
Us losing

Putting us all on 28 points

Last round

Broncos losing to storm
Penrith defeating warriors at home
We smash the raiders

We finish in 8th spot on 30 points.

It is also possible, storm could lose 2 of their 3 games and cowboys lose to manly, also finishing on 30 points.

If dragons defeat broncos, that makes it interesting as they play knights in the final week.

But let's just hope we defeat the knights

Last edited:

hindy111

Post Whore
Truth is top 8 keeps season interesting. But unless in top 5 your chances of winning are low. But for a team like cowboys with origin they could finish down the ladder but be good enough to win it due to fact they lost so many games rnd origin.

As far as fair goes I think top 5 was the best.The team who finishes first gets to cracks at making the GF.Really anywhere in the top 4 is as good as first .Penrith could finish first and play dogs who finish 4th at there home grnd.In saying that with the closeness of the comp maybe its not such a bad thing.I cant thibk of too many years where ive gone gee that team didn't deserve to win the GF

hindy111

Post Whore
I predict we will win last two.
I wont be surprised if titans beat warrirors this weekend if we win.Aslong as we finish top 8 id be happy.Dream result would be to play penrith and dogs in finals who we can beat

Well, given the team in 6th place is only 2 points ahead of the team in 11th, and the team in 8th is only 4 points off 2nd, the system doesn't see too bad (this year).

Last edited:

Latest posts