What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd 9: Live Game Day Thread - Eels v Sharks, Saturday 05 May

strider

Post Whore
I was of the opionion that if we managed to string together 3 or 4 straight, with them being good performances, we would be back in it - but the rudderless display last night has killed off any hope now

But that wont stop me wanting to at least play decent the rest of the year

Bandwagon

Staff member
On the bright side, if we manage to beat the Dogs next week, we will likely move to 13th

The way the year has gone for everyone else,(I know there is a long way to go yet) it's not totally unrealistic that 26 pts might be the cutoff this year with f/a being the factor for 3-5 teams. Hopefully we can put a cricket score on someone and hope that 26 is it. Ahh who am i f**king kidding?

T.S Quint

Coach
I've given up hope on making the Finals this year.
I know it's still mathematically possible, but we just aren't playing well enough to win the amount of games needed.
It's not a great feeling, but maybe it is for the best. This team needed a real kick up the arse (Norman and Moses especially) so maybe this will help them learn and improve.

If we can just beat the Dogs twice I'll be ok.

hindy111

Post Whore
The way the year has gone for everyone else,(I know there is a long way to go yet) it's not totally unrealistic that 26 pts might be the cutoff this year with f/a being the factor for 3-5 teams. Hopefully we can put a cricket score on someone and hope that 26 is it. Ahh who am i f**king kidding?

Yes plus only 1 bye right? So 2 points given not 4.

84 Baby

Referee
I’m thinking the same. Commonly you have to win at least half your games but I reckon this season the bottom 8 will win a lot more games than years gone by

TheRam

Coach
If we played like that for the first 73 minutes we would of won by 140

But we couldn't play like that because the Sharks were switched on for the first 60 odd. Haven't you guys twigged it yet? The only time our forwards get real momentum against any other pack in the league is when that pack is struggling for momentum themselves.

Then our consistent effort, which is generally there, comes to the fore and we look like superstars. That will not change until we get some quality size in there to do the heavy lifting or at least some guys who even if on the smaller side can intimidate and bend the line against bigger opponents like N. Brown can.

I mean all it took last night was one very good giant in Fifita to lay a platform against us and the rest of their average pack just muscled up against us, which gave their outside backs the room to roam.

TheRam

Coach
Seriously though, we were a Fafita level forward away tonight.

Bring on Paulo.

If you think Paulo is as good as Fifita, then you're dreaming. Maybe if we had two or even three Paulo's you'd be right. Fifita has a massive engine, and can play for the full 80 at quality level if needed. Paulo has at best two 20 min stints at various levels during a game. I wish as much as I love Paulo that he was Fifita.

Last edited:
I've given up hope on making the Finals this year.
I know it's still mathematically possible, but we just aren't playing well enough to win the amount of games needed.
It's not a great feeling, but maybe it is for the best. This team needed a real kick up the arse (Norman and Moses especially) so maybe this will help them learn and improve.

If we can just beat the Dogs twice I'll be ok.
Just look back to 09. That's what I'm doing and it gives me hope.

hindy111

Post Whore
If you think that cost us the game, you must have been watch a different game.

Ram I compiled a list of forwards BA has recruited in his 5yrs. Really went to the scrap heap. Also the young guys who left. Made me ill too look at the garbage he wasted his money on at the $2 shop whilst trying to build a forward pack.

hindy111

Post Whore
If you think Paulo is as good as Fifita, then you're dreaming. Maybe if we had two or even three Paulo's you'd be right. Fifita has a massive engine, and can play for the full 80 at quality level if needed. Paulo has at best two 20 min stints and various levels during a game. I wish as must as I love Paulo that he wast Fifita.

Ram who is your best 3 props in game.

Mine are as this

1 Fafita
2 Vaughn
3 Klemmer

Jnr needs to drop 4 or 5kgs and he can play 50mins.