What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd15: Eels v Roosters GAME DAY THREAD @ Commbank 18/6/22

King-Gutho94

Coach
The coaching staff are obviously pissed at least week's result, and the players have talked it up since.

The players are very good at talking the talk. In fact, they'd probably be NRL Premiers of Talk. But they don't really seem to be able to walk the walk to match that talk.

I think we need to come out and make a statement tonight.

A win will put us two wins ahead of 7th, a loss will have us only one further loss out of the Top 8. A loss like last week will raise significantly more questions than have been raised so far

The time for talk is over. Actions will speak louder than words.
Yep I reckon tonight will decide what direction we go in back half of the season.

Lose or lose badly I suspect things could implode quite quickly similar to last year where we tossed away a top 4 spot.

Win we are back on track at least equal 4th still and last weeks game disappears off the radar for a little bit and keep the bloodhounds in the media at bay.

Gazzamatta

Coach
I reckon our game today will be minimum passing and hopefully minimum errors. That being the case Smart Chooks should test our edges big time. Walker will try plenty of kicks to the edges just like Burton last week. Huge pressure on our Twin S's. Our line speed must improve and much more effort in the tackle.
No JWH, Radley and Keary should help.
Im always hopeful but gee we will be tested.
No Captain Rankin today. Im very upset.
Regardless. Lets go boys.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Yep I reckon tonight will decide what direction we go in back half of the season.

Lose or lose badly I suspect things could implode quite quickly similar to last year where we tossed away a top 4 spot.

Win we are back on track at least equal 4th still and last weeks game disappears off the radar for a little bit and keep the bloodhounds in the media at bay.

If we put in, but lose a close one its ok I think, provided we deliver the next month. Though in the fair dinkum stakes, Chooks without a couple of key players so expecting us to 'rip right in for a win'

We got a relatively easy run after tonight for a few weeks <>drum roll <> "Games we should win" as we will be favourites in all of them, with home ground advantage in 3 of them

Souths (h)
Tigers (a)
Warriros (h)
Broncos (h)

Inc the Chooks game need to win 4 from these 5 games to be serious this year

To follow is Penrith, Manly (a), Souths, Dogs, Ponys (a), Storm

Top 4 crucial to us and BA id suspect

Kornstar

Coach
Did i read right that the player who’s career was ended because of Dylan Brown is replacing Keary? Surely that can’t be right? We were reliably informed that it was career ending, not the injury itself but the fact it happened would cause him to not stay at the Roosters and struggle to prove himself.

Weird.

Anyways, Tedesco will destroy us no problem on his own.

Go Eels!

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Gonna give BA a break for week?
New York Yankees Smh GIF by MLB