What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd15: Eels v Roosters GAME DAY THREAD @ Commbank 18/6/22

lingard

Coach
I think a lot of fans have taken Sivo for granted. He adds some much needed penetration to our backline. One thing that has impressed me about Simonsson is that he’s been pretty safe under the high ball so far. There were a couple of kicks to his wing under pressure that could have easily resulted in tries if he hadn’t defused them.

Simonsson is a fullback.

Eel2reel

Juniors
I think a lot of fans have taken Sivo for granted. He adds some much needed penetration to our backline. One thing that has impressed me about Simonsson is that he’s been pretty safe under the high ball so far. There were a couple of kicks to his wing under pressure that could have easily resulted in tries if he hadn’t defused them.

Eel2reel

Juniors
Sivo does plenty all our other wing options dont. Competed very well under high balls last night. When he runs hard he is unstoppable (yes he should do it more). All our edges are fragile and the damage is done before it gets to the the wingers... its been years and the coach has not fixed this. Sivo is still playing on one leg.

84 Baby

Referee
Sivo does plenty all our other wing options dont. Competed very well under high balls last night. When he runs hard he is unstoppable (yes he should do it more). All our edges are fragile and the damage is done before it gets to the the wingers... its been years and the coach has not fixed this. Sivo is still playing on one leg.
His defence but…. What goes through his head?

Gazzamatta

Coach
Teddy misses lots of tackles compared to Gutho. Gutho was enormous last night. Played at speed and didnt overplay. Best performance of the year from him.
Suaalii cant be ignored and left on the wing. Hes too good. Guess we will find our how ruthless The Chooks really are. Maybe another medical retirement looming.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Not sure their circumstances but Billy Smith would be a terrific replacement for Oppy. Id also be open to having Hutchinson (the guy Dylan killed) as a 14. He has a good footy brain, plays halves or 9 and a decent kicking game. Based on what we've seen from Rein thus far he'd be a decent option for Hodgson. Just my thoughts. I dont think either would break the bank.

yy_cheng

Coach
Tremendous effort from the side tonight. You could tell from the kick off they were up for it. Gutho was outstanding at the back.
Actually, I didn't think that. I thought, good they're starting well. Then when chooks scored once they got in our red zone I thought that was too easy and that start was just for show and we'll collapse

King-Gutho94

Coach
Not sure their circumstances but Billy Smith would be a terrific replacement for Oppy. Id also be open to having Hutchinson (the guy Dylan killed) as a 14. He has a good footy brain, plays halves or 9 and a decent kicking game. Based on what we've seen from Rein thus far he'd be a decent option for Hodgson. Just my thoughts. I dont think either would break the bank.
Hutchinson looked like he has spent the past 12 months at the buffet.

My roosters mate next to me thought he was one of the forwards.

yy_cheng

Coach
Did you see gutho telling maika to make the hitup

Thats how you get the lazy arses going

I felt sorry for the chook who got pulled off after he gave a penalty

Kornstar

Coach
Ref allowed the Roosters to slow the PTB down noticeably in the second half, in the first half it was far quicker on average than it's been all year yet NRL.com have our PTB speed as slower than the Roosters over the game.

That's the difference for mine between the two halves, we weren't allowed to keep up the tempo we were playing and had to get into the grind. But for a lucky bounce for the Suaalii kick, which come off the side of boot ffs, we matched and bested them in the yardage game. Which I reckon deserves kudos for adapting to the way the game changed.

the referee actually ruined the 2nd half all on his own by trying to take us out of the contest. It was obvious.

The referees have done that quite a bit across the league, especially when a team like the Roosters are on the receiving end of the beating.

Being at the game just made it so much obvious what the referee was doing, it really was quite bizarre watching it.

Anyways, we won, we played well and the coach still cops a flogging because reasons.

Just another week as an Eels supporter!