What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd15: Eels v Roosters GAME DAY THREAD @ Commbank 18/6/22

yy_cheng

Coach
the referee actually ruined the 2nd half all on his own by trying to take us out of the contest. It was obvious.

The referees have done that quite a bit across the league, especially when a team like the Roosters are on the receiving end of the beating.

Being at the game just made it so much obvious what the referee was doing, it really was quite bizarre watching it.

Anyways, we won, we played well and the coach still cops a flogging because reasons.

Just another week as an Eels supporter!
Yeah. That's how we get beat sometimes against the teams who are always offside.

They're offside and get penalised over and over. But then the refs puts the whistle away and we get dominated as the opposition keep on being offside

yy_cheng

Coach
It was interesting seeing jt in the chooks box. Haven't seen him for years.

Is he Chinese? Why does he still look the same

crocodile

Bench
That is a very good assessment of what happened. The Roosters got every call in the second half including a number of forward passes let go. There second try was definately off a forward pass and was identical to the Matterson one called back.
In the 2nd half the chooks were intent on stopping us offloading at will. That evened up the 2nd half a lot.

King-Gutho94

Coach
It was interesting seeing jt in the chooks box. Haven't seen him for years.

Is he Chinese? Why does he still look the same
I saw him walk past me at local footy at Ringrose Park last week. I couldn't believe how much of a stick he is. There is nothing of him. I was worried he might not be well but he was only a little half-back I suppose.

I had to double check that was him and get confirmation from other blokes i was with that it was 100% JT.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
All refs make bad calls as they are human but when we got pulled up for a forward pass with the line open in the first half I thought, oh well shit happens

then minutes later the Chooks throw one even more forward and its a try

luckily it didn't cost us but geez, a bit of consistency would be good

eel01s

Bench
Rooster's No. 14 (Connor Watson?) slept on our players every tackle he was involved in. Not one six again call.

Regarding the forward passes, I can accept our one was forward and it was correctly called. But when the Roosters scored from a forward pass, and the same touchie (Badger) let it go, I thought the fix was on.

I dunno why people are all worked up about the forward passes .... matto's was most definitely forward .... theirs was flat. Maybe slightly forward, but I have no problem with it being let go. It looked worse than it was cos walker got pushed backwards as he passed.
Agreed. I think the camera angle and the pass going low to high makes it look forward.

JokerEel

Coach
I dunno why people are all worked up about the forward passes .... matto's was most definitely forward .... theirs was flat. Maybe slightly forward, but I have no problem with it being let go. It looked worse than it was cos walker got pushed backwards as he passed.

I don't think Matto's pass was forward either. You can see by his arm movement it was passed backwards.

Kornstar

Coach
They were both forward passes imo. I will concede that the Matto one was worse.

The more frustrating thing is you see the Storm throw forward passes for 2 of their tries to win a game against Manly and whether you should compare the passes, fans are just pissed off with how badly they get some of these calls wrong.

Consistency, even somewhere near it would be nice. Mistakes happen but obviously but too often we are seeing them just ignoring significant forward passes that lead to tries.