What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd6 2024: 530pm Eels v Cowboys GAME DAY THREAD @ Commbank Stadium Apr 13th

yy_cheng

Coach
I saw some poor attitude from reg actually. He was like sulking one time when a try was scored against us on the left edge

then when we scored will had to pull him back to celebrate and it seemed deliberate

the phantom menace

First Grade
Lane was much improved. More please.
Yes. Needs to string that form together consistently.
What a difference when Paulo runs face on into the D. Post contact meters and bending the line instead of that playing halfback and turning sideways at the line sh*t.
Also yes, just keep in simple Junior.
Get rid of Talagi and put a 9 or a back on the bench.
Yes, Lussick's a worry for 80mins imo. But I guess it's a balance of Hands getting some decent game time (in reggies) and stints on the first grade bench where he might only get a 30min max run. Unless BA bites the bullet and goes a straight 40mins each for the two of them...
No bloody fire torches going off and Parra seemed to get through the tunnel ok without much fanfare.
Those fire things just piss me off. First saw one at T20 cricket a decade or more ago - thought WTF is the point, and haven't been swayed in the years since.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Can we have this ref every week please ?

And that epic tackle from Dylbro in about the 5th minute when the Cowpats player spilled the ball, that was memorbale defence that can spark a team up.

Great leadership from Dylbro. Played well, done good.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I hope asi can keep this up. If he can, i would make him 14 to keep him at the club

I like how he digs0 into the line and holds the pass up as long as possible
We are 6 wins and 4 Losses when Asi is in the halves which is 60% win rate.

He is a better backup then some were stating a few weeks back.

Yes he has concerns with his D but he is always threatening in attack.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
So the guys in the rows in front of us were going ballistic about that 5th tackle try by the Cows which featured a lot of hail Mary passes and one that was “batted” backwards. They were saying ‘that’s not a pass, that’s not a pass, we got a try taken off us for doing that’.

I know the two handed volleyball type bat they they were referring to, but is that a rule ?

must admit though, that was a great try from the Cowboys

JokerEel

Coach
So the guys in the rows in front of us were going ballistic about that 5th tackle try by the Cows which featured a lot of hail Mary passes and one that was “batted” backwards. They were saying ‘that’s not a pass, that’s not a pass, we got a try taken off us for doing that’.

I know the two handed volleyball type bat they they were referring to, but is that a rule ?

It was a try disappointed with Russell on the play he ran up to stop Derpwater but he passed so instead of tackling him and taking him out of play he let him go then Derpwater backed up and scored the try.

Delboy

First Grade
Watching ASI in Cup where he is an average at best, yet when in NRL he looks far more accomplished and possibly due to a more limited game plan for him individually.

Gutho was everywhere in the game, one of those efforts where he wasn’t prepared to lose. Joe O is so efficient, and using him early enables Junior to come on when the frenetic early pace has subsided and his size into the line is more difficult to control.

Simmonson and Harper tidied up that left edge and even though most sides do get stripped on the edges, it looked far more secure given Sivo’s reluctant to truth and chase .

Fiddling around for a field goal before Asi slammed it over was nerve wracking, but the reaction is why we turn up to games.

lucablight

First Grade
The Cows were travelling well and are chock full of SOO players. Did we make them clunky cky or was it something else ? Dunno.

The stats are quite similar apart from ineffective tackles, it was 22-4 to them.

I have not watched the replay, but at the ground, we thought it was Gutho that was the reason we won. It was his energy in the middle. His carrys. His weaving and looking for opportunities that got us there.

Dylan played his 6 role fine and defended great. Asi surprised everyone by showing he can tackle, as he doesn’t really in Cup. Just shows that D is attitude, again.

The missed tackles by Harper and Russell were poor at crucial times. Actually I think it was Sean’s worst game for us for a long time.

The Cowboys have had a really easy draw and still have the second worst defence. They’ve played the Dolphins, Dragons, Knights and Titans for their wins. They are very overranked.

Gronk

Staff member
The Cowboys have had a really easy draw and still have the second worst defence. They’ve played the Dolphins, Dragons, Knights and Titans for their wins. They are very overranked.
Àhh there you have it.

JokerEel

Coach
Watching ASI in Cup where he is an average at best, yet when in NRL he looks far more accomplished and possibly due to a more limited game plan for him individually.

I think in CUP we don't have any leaders to control the game.
Im first grade you have Gutho Brown Reg Paulo Hopgood.
In CUP he has to overplay his game and makes more errors.
Asi just has to come up and play his game.

EelsFan05

Bench
Asi doesn't have to "get there" for the obstruction to disadvantage the defense. We're sliding to cover, that's pushed from the inside out. Asi being taken out means Harper hasn't got him protecting his inside shoulder so can't slide out like he needs, if he does he gives Drinkwater a clear inside line where Asi would have been but now isn't.
I hate when they bat on with the, 'He was never getting there', line. Taking one man out on the inside affects the whole defensive set up. That's why attacking teams do it. If the was no advantage, they wouldn't have decoys expending energy running these lines.

crocodile

Bench
You still can't put your hands on the opposition player shoulder to shoulder is ok but he pushed him.
Lane was lucky to not be penalised for obstructing the runners. He made no attempt to play at the ball. As much as I didn’t like try being scored, it was a correct call.