What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd7 2024: 8pm Eels v Dolphins GAME DAY THREAD @ Tio Stadium Darwin April 19th

84 Baby

Referee
We were trying to stay in the game...they were always trying to win it...loser mentality guided and directed by loser coach
We weren’t even trying to stay in the game. The first try should be the f**king wake up call, second try because it’s f**king Darwin maximum. Eight f**king tries later is a little late to think maybe I should put a bit more effort into getting off the ground to marker, and when we have the ball maybe doing the shit they’ve been doing might be effective

the phantom menace

First Grade
This was a deeply disappointing, but moreso alarming, loss. It shows, to me, that we’re far behind the eight ball in terms of how first grade rugby league is played these days. We have limited mobility in the middle, which is a killer in an era of quicker middle forwards. The problem with that is that there’s no easy fix - the problems (Paulo and Matterson especially on tonight’s performances) are on contract for a while. Lussick is absolute dogshit, for the record.

I love the guy, but this is the first time I’ve genuinely thought Gutherson might not be the best fullback choice for us. Going forward, the genuine challengers will be zippy and adaptable. I don’t know that Gutho is. Maybe if he’s busted next week that would be a blessing in disguise, to give Blaize a go at fullback. His defence is ordinary, but he’s quick.

Things will need to change pretty drastically for us to have any chance of making the 8. Our for-and-against is utter dogshit already, and it’s hard to see that changing any time soon. We have just conceded 9 tries on the trot to a team with about a third of their salary cap on the sideline.

However you look at it, that’s the most insipid Eels performance since … 12 days ago.

Time for change, from top down. It’s not all on BA, but he’s definitely a very large problem. This is a team that is not adaptable or dynamic. Let’s just hope that Lomax doesn’t have any second thoughts - given the drastically different performances tonight, I think I’d rather be playing in a Red V than Blue and Gold for the foreseeable future.
So true, every paragraph.

Legal Eel

Juniors
I don't have all the information, so the best heuristic for that is the decisions the club makes around him. If they sack him he deserves it. Likewise if they keep him.
So literally - whatever happens, the club did the right thing!

What more information could any human being with a functioning brain and two eyes possible need to express a definitive opinion?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
We have no idea how to put players on their back when we tackle. Too often we are skittled behind the play the ball. In BA's time we have never been able to wrestle effectively.
Bea Arthur has taken his glasses off in the presser.

lol He's call us a part time footy time. He is the epitome of part time.

84 Baby

Referee
Lussick. Every f**king time...
He was bad but he doesn’t even deserve singling out. Hopgood should try playing like that for Queensland and even Fittler have a chance at winning series. f**ken Matterson, Lane, Paulo, RCG, Moretti, Harper, Brown, Asi are all players I noticed multiple times not fighting to get to marker. The first f**king try should’ve been the punch in the face to reinforce that

Latest posts