What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd7 2024: 8pm Eels v Dolphins GAME DAY THREAD @ Tio Stadium Darwin April 19th

Legal Eel

Juniors
I’d have started Ofahengaue and Matterson (although that may have been wrong call) at prop, Lussick at hooker, Lane/Cartwright/Hopgood. Bench Hands, Paulo, Tuilagi & Talagi.
Big forwards were never going to have lasting impact in Darwin, and RCG needs to take a f**king break because I’m sorry it’s seems to me he needs to deal with what’s happened to him
There is Something to this post

I think this season is an absolute write off - maybe RCG needs some personal leave and gutho needs a couple of months to rehab his injuries

sack the coach, rehab the players, actually take a real shot at next year

EelsFan05

Bench
Ill give BA this. He called out the team, well most of them. Accused them of quitting and bring part time footy players. That's the last step. He's painted himself into a corner. I'd say his head will be on the chopping board before the players. But there's plenty of players that should follow him out the door.

eels_fan

First Grade
That is the first time I’ve seen BA angry in a p press conference

but he should be equally as angry at himself as at the players

I know the club won’t do anything because we are run by weak men who only care about sponsorship money and revenue and we’re all stupid enough that we’ll still show and support the club regardless.

After the public dressing down the boys just copped, if BA is a man of class and reason, which I believe he is, then if the players do not respond and win next week, he should walk of his own volition

King-Gutho94

Coach
BA has done some wonderful things for this club in his tenure. He turned us from wooden spoon basket case to a relatively consistent finals team. We got to a GF and got beaten by a champion team.

Last year wasn’t great but we were cursed with injuries and suspensions so was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and try and do something this year a bit under the radar.

But after the start we have had this year he has to know it’s time to fall in his sword. We have a talented squad of players but we look slow, one dimensional and our defence is not first grade standard.

Do the right thing BA it’s time for a new start.
BA is too stubborn to fall on his sword.

The way he managed Jake was a disgrace.

Nothing against the Kid. But Brad did the wrong thing by him.

All the loonies whinging about poor old Jake being booed out the club were in LA LA LA land.

Brad has been the problem since day 1 of Jake's career.

And he has wrecked the club turning it into a family business.

Ill give BA this. He called out the team, well most of them. Accused them of quitting and bring part time footy players. That's the last step. He's painted himself into a corner. I'd say his head will be on the chopping board before the players. But there's plenty of players that should follow him out the door.
Corner was painted 8 years ago but the hack kept getting contract extensions

Gherkin

Juniors
It all comes back to our 9. A good hooker brings their forwards on to the ball, engages the markers, attacks through the ruck, throws quick passes out in front of the receiver, ties up the middle in defence. Our team would look completely different if we had someone that could do this.

hindy111

Post Whore
There is Something to this post

I think this season is an absolute write off - maybe RCG needs some personal leave and gutho needs a couple of months to rehab his injuries

sack the coach, rehab the players, actually take a real shot at next year

I think 2026/2027 more likely. Rots starting to set in now in the mentality. Packs getting old. Guth looks busted.
I'd blow it up.and start a full rebuild.

Soto

Bench
This is going to be a hard season to watch...the game plan is non existent, there is no structure, no dissecting the opposition, no effort in ruck defence, no pace, no immediacy in anything we do...we play like we are stuck in quicksand most of the time..
We need to blow this up and start again...it's broken..I repeat it's fkn broken

Nutz

Bench
Yep and our senior players are lazy f**kers which the coach allows.
Well listening to the presser in which Arthurs publically put the blame solely on the players saying they gave up.
What happens in the dressing room clearly hasn't worked so his desperate attempt to deflect in the presser is the last grasp for him.
I get it and I sorta agree.
What I don't agree with is Gutho basically said there are only a few trying and the rest aren't.
This is true but he as a player might be seen by other players as putting himself on a pedestal.
Will the players get behind Gutho?
I'm a vistor here but I thought I'd thow this in as I've seen it first hand when I was playing.
We'll soon see if your players can lift against top teams coming up.

Last edited:

Latest posts