What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd8 2024: Eels v Manly GAME DAY THREAD @ 4 Pines Park April 26

crocodile

Bench
They had a three man overlap on that scoring side when players were just walking, and the ball was on the other side where we failed to wrap the player up.

Nothing Simonsson could do. But why can we never seem to line ourselves up against the opposition like that for easy tries?
And then people blame the winger for coming in.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Tbh, Reg shouldn't be playing - I'm not sure he's properly grieved the loss of his brother.

I agree with Hopgood - talent is there, but he is overrated.

Lane should be dropped - he's full of mistakes, and lazy plays.

Maybe get Moretti, and Greig, back.

Sanders was solid, but he will not become anything special, imo - just a solid halfback, which is fine.

Gutho is cooked.

the phantom menace

First Grade
Genuinely want to know how any of that is excuses 🤣🤣🤣
Just read them back.... Sure, they are all "reasons" why we missed the finals, after being grand finalists he season before. When used to justify continued poor performance and an ongoing downward trend under stale coaching/leadership, in my opinion the reasons serve as excuses.

Anyway, we're travelling comparably well this year at 3-5, 14th place, with our bye next week 😂.

lucablight

First Grade
Tbh, Reg shouldn't be playing - I'm not sure he's properly grieved the loss of his brother.

I agree with Hopgood - talent is there, but he is overrated.

Lane should be dropped - he's full of mistakes, and lazy plays.

Maybe get Moretti, and Greig, back.

Sanders was solid, but he will not become anything special, imo - just a solid halfback, which is fine.

Gutho is cooked.
Just seems like we’re rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic atm.

the phantom menace

First Grade
The reference was to Paulo & RCG who tonight made 42 tackles between them, missed 5 and throw in another 4 ineffective, but it’s more the efforts they don’t make. They’re good players but I don’t think we can carry both on field at same time when you add in some of the other less defensive minded forwards we have
Yep. The choice to have Paulo start from the bench this season has been forced on BA through this ageing/poor form factor - I think BA deviated for a game to start Paulo and things were worse!

Under the standard bench plan there's probably 5mins overlap in the first half, and then usually a bit more in the second half. But we're just short on adequate forward defenders in this squad, so maybe it's time to cut our losses and move some highly paid people on.

eels4life87

Juniors
Just read them back.... Sure, they are all "reasons" why we missed the finals, after being grand finalists he season before. When used to justify continued poor performance and an ongoing downward trend under stale coaching/leadership, in my opinion the reasons serve as excuses.

Anyway, we're travelling comparably well this year at 3-5, 14th place, with our bye next week 😂.
I honestly expected about as much without Mitch Moses. Tbh it could be a lot worse than it is right now. The eels look lost in attack without him. And that’s concerning because it shouldn’t just come down to one player. But in this case it look like it has. Without Mitch the eels lack CONFIDENCE. At least there’s only three more games left now without him