What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd8 2024: Eels v Manly GAME DAY THREAD @ 4 Pines Park April 26

Chipmunk

Coach
He called the play back coz he said Sivo knocked on..
Well once he thought they knocked on, then he didn't have to worry about the second part does he.

The whistle seemed pretty simultaneous to the forward pass.

lucablight

First Grade
Some of them have been lucky while we have been unlucky. We are 0 from 3 in grand finals where might have expected to win 1 or 2 (1.5) of them. We are 3 from 8 in preliminary finals in that time. The average win rate is obviously 50%. At that level you should expect to win about half your games. If not you are either unlucky or overachieved to get there. Did Smith (1 from 6) overachieve to make those prelims/grand finals? Did Hagan (0 from 1)? Daniel Anderson (1 from 2)? Brad Arthur's (1 from 2)?
Where did you get the assertion that you should expect to win half of your finals games?

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Mate, you’re right. Our middles are great and don’t deserve to be called out on their performance.
you miss my whole point, never said that our middles were great, but they weren’t terrible either….….fox is calling out our middles, reckon they are flat bullies….but all stats indicate manly’s/our middles produced the same……..so neither were great or poor,..just possession determined who was better..

So over all, it was our stupidity that cost us the game!! Sivo …..Joffa..etc etc

Last edited:

lucablight

First Grade
But the result was the same.
And the implications for the result are completely different. For Penrith it was a blip on the radar. For us it’s a huge blow to our finals chances when we have already dropped games we were expected to win against the Tigers and Dolphins. So this game was a lot more valuable to us than it was to the Panthers.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
as for Pou, sorry to tell you but he freely admits he holds no actual opinion - he has stated that if the majority wanted to keep BA he would staunchly argue the exact opposite just to get a rise - he’s a troll
Misrepresenting me makes you the troll. I'm happy with us keeping this coach for as long as his boss is happy. There are pros and cons and I am aware of both. So when the dogpile is shrieking about how shit he is, I will point out why they are wrong. If they were proclaiming him the second coming, like they do with opposing coaches (this time last week Flanagan was a gun who had solved the Dragons' defensive problems ffs), then I would point out why they are wrong about that.

It's not because I'm a f**ken little dumb merkin or even a troll. It's because I don't like dumb conversations. There are plenty of merkins here capable of nuanced discussion but a couple of them are just full of blind rage when it comes to the coach. He's not that f**king bad. We could be doing a lot worse. We could also do better, but I truly don't think coaching will be the magic bullet.

Last edited:

the phantom menace

First Grade
I'm happy with us keeping this coach for as long as his boss is happy.
What a pseudo-intellectually weak position.
If they were proclaiming him the second coming, like they do with opposing coaches (this time last week Flanagan was a gun who had solved the Dragons' defensive problems ffs), then I would point out why they are wrong about that.

It's not because I'm a f**ken little dumb merkin or even a troll.
Lol... don't be dishonest.
It's because I don't like dumb conversations.
But you admit above that you contribute and hence enable the very "conversations" you class as dumb, again and again and again. It would seem the behaviour of someone who actually does (despite claims to the opposite) like dumb conversations? Which would (does) make you either a dumb merkin or a troll.
We could also have do better, but I truly don't think coaching will be the magic bullet.
Obviously. But that doesn't explain why you continue to troll in search of and contributing to conversations on that point week after week...

Avenger

Immortal
Misrepresenting me makes you the troll. I'm happy with us keeping this coach for as long as his boss is happy. There are pros and cons and I am aware of both. So when the dogpile is shrieking about how shit he is, I will point out why they are wrong. If they were proclaiming him the second coming, like they do with opposing coaches (this time last week Flanagan was a gun who had solved the Dragons' defensive problems ffs), then I would point out why they are wrong about that.
You have just proven you don't have your own opinion you f**king troll. You just go the opposite for the sake of it. You don't have your own views. After @emjaycee stops playing with your balls perhaps he should read your post and refrain from all that veiled I'm just an angry Balkan bigotry.

You argue with everyone for the sake of it. You don't have an opinion. You're a troll in your own forum. You are an exceptional f**kwit and I will call you out everytime otherwise you will never be able to climax.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
This is a horrible take for someone who comes here for “pseudo intellectual” discussion. There are two really egregious fallacies being committed here. You’re assuming the conclusion and then cherry picking data to support it.
What conclusion am I assuming?
You’re also assuming that all the resources we’ve had have been utilised to the best of their potential. You don’t just get to assume that unless you demonstrate it. What makes you so certain this is the only way things could have turned out?
Because of all the decision makers we've had with zero premierships in nearly forty years. If they're all shit we need to ask why. Why can't we get good ones? Some of you are coming around to the idea that just replacing the coach won't fix anything but now it's ThE wHoLe ClUb NeEdS a ClEaN oUt!!!

Who do you merkins think we'll get in their place? Nick's brother Rick Politis the wealthy benefactor? All the merkins involved with the Panthers Group are going to drop everything and become Parra fans? Is Holding M.S. going to sell the Storm and buy the Eels?

the phantom menace

First Grade
You have just proven you don't have your own opinion you f**king troll. You just go the opposite for the sake of it. You don't have your own views.
Truth.
You argue with everyone for the sake of it. You don't have an opinion. You're a troll in your own forum. You are an exceptional f**kwit and I will call you out everytime otherwise you will never be able to climax.
😂 Well played.

the phantom menace

First Grade
Some of you are coming around to the idea that just replacing the coach won't fix anything but now it's ThE wHoLe ClUb NeEdS a ClEaN oUt!!!
Actually, many people here were saying as much for a long time. Looks like as usual you're the one late to the party... again.

That's why you get to wear the special gear in these parts.

kinky tv land GIF by #Impastor

eels_fan

First Grade
Our starting front row combining for 150m is pathetic. If that’s how they respond and show they “would die for the coach” I’d hate to see the effort if they didn’t like him….

lucablight

First Grade
What conclusion am I assuming?

Because of all the decision makers we've had with zero premierships in nearly forty years. If they're all shit we need to ask why. Why can't we get good ones? Some of you are coming around to the idea that just replacing the coach won't fix anything but now it's ThE wHoLe ClUb NeEdS a ClEaN oUt!!!

Who do you merkins think we'll get in their place? Nick's brother Rick Politis the wealthy benefactor? All the merkins involved with the Panthers Group are going to drop everything and become Parra fans? Is Holding M.S. going to sell the Storm and buy the Eels?
The assumption you’re making is that these are the only possible choices we could have made and hence this is the only possible outcome. Just because we haven’t won for nearly 40 years doesn’t mean we couldn’t have done things differently to win it. 13 other clubs have done it during that time period. That’s the overwhelming large majority of current clubs who have been playing in the competition. Don’t go out making us out to be in a EPL situation where it obvious only the top few clubs have the resources to be competitive. We’ve had the resources to do so. We just haven’t managed to get the job done. People are right in questioning whether things should be done differently. Don’t assume the people who have been in charge couldn’t have done things differently which could have won us a comp and we are just dumbarses who don’t know sh*t and have no right to have an opinion.

Latest posts