What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Re-watched Last games against dragons

RedV Resurgence

Juniors
Our guys aren't wrestling in the tackle and don't cover the ball when they make as tackle. Dogs won that on second phase plays.

Lawrie looked the goods, just wasn't NRL fit. hope he working on that.
didn't see much of Thompson.
Dufty was good when he had to run the ball from the back - clearly under instruction from hcoach.
Mann was good in the halves.
McDonald is good when he goes at it with pace. - Please someone in the coaching team get a rocket up this guy.

Missing the footy.

Belta

Juniors
Walking past and caught the last five minutes. Have no idea why I watched it, but I did. It did reminded me of just how frustratingly close we came to playing finals footy. It's interesting what you observe in a few minutes of footy, when the game is on the line. Duges was prancing around looking very pedestrian, (not sour grapes I promise) JDB prancing around looking to pass it to someone, Frizzel charging forward with no self preservation and Dufty involving himself and looking super threatening and coming agonisingly close to setting up a late try in the last play of the game, but it was not to be.

IMO Dufty didn't go missing. It's a brief observation on a very small section of the game I know but it's in these moments that games are won and lost. It's these moments that the Thurstons and Cronks have delivered, have come into their own, have demanded the ball, positioned themselves in the right place and delivered the right play, that invariably ends up trumps for their team. I feel we are better equipped to follow suit, we have a leader in Graham, a confident Widdop and Hunt and now Dufty, who, I predict will continue to improve and towards the end reek havoc. Just my observation, and on another note, the game itself surely must be a huge motivator for the boys.

grouch

First Grade
How was McGregor's pen throw on second viewing? I imagine it's not as funny all these months later knowing he wasn't instantly sacked

RedV Resurgence

Juniors
How was McGregor's pen throw on second viewing? I imagine it's not as funny all these months later knowing he wasn't instantly sacked

To be honest, It was good to see his passion. He just can't get the team to perform over an extended period of time. I think he has the troops to be a top 4 team, but if you pick the wrong guys, limit what certain players are allowed to do, and then not use your interchange. Well, I think that means you cant coach!

getsmarty

Immortal
To be honest, It was good to see his passion. He just can't get the team to perform over an extended period of time. I think he has the troops to be a top 4 team, but if you pick the wrong guys, limit what certain players are allowed to do, and then not use your interchange. Well, I think that means you cant coach!

Well said...I think McGregor doesn't lack passion and maybe that is why the Board re-signed him. Unfortunately as you correctly pointed out it seems that he is limited in terms of Game plans as we only have a "Power Game" and when that doesn't work...Panic and play sidways. The use of the bench is puzzling and the constant favoring of "Senior Players" that may be out of form is also worrying.

Anyway, I agree we have a Top 4 side on paper. Lets hope we can somehow make the 8.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
let's weight mcgregor's paypacket 20:80.

he gets paid 20% of his salary for the season.

he gets the other 80% if he makes finals.

RufusRex

Post Whore
nope ... give him nothing until the half way mark of the season then give him 10% for each game won ... should cost us about 40% of his wage.