What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

reason for that lame perisher footy show every year

zulu

Juniors
Forum Idiot said:
who cares, biatch?! if you dont like it, dont watch it. the perisher show is always funny as all hell.

Brains in your arse. :roll:

hybrid_tiger

Coach
It is quite obviously a conflict of interest.

I don't mind them going there, but they should let everyone know that Packer owns the place, especially when Fatty dribbles on that "it's the best ski-resort in the world..."

:roll:

DIEHARD

----
The Footy Show and Ch 9's treatment of Rugby League SUCKS.

It isn't a case of "if you don't like it don't watch it." It is damaging to our game you idiots!

We need a real FOOTY show like the AFL. It is one thing they do properly. They talk football.

It's also pretty weak that the Footy Show clowns go to Perisher every year. Which is owned by the Packers, for nothing more than an anual plug during ski season. :roll:

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
Diehard said:
We need a real FOOTY show like the AFL. It is one thing they do properly. They talk football.

Ever heard of the Sunday Footy Show?

The Thursday one is so funny i love it.

leaguerules

Juniors
perisher is the best ski resort in nsw

the Majority of the show has a footy influence they just dont bother with the serious stuff. U get to see players in alighter side with the quizes, challenges, charitys and junior league activities. They raise money for important causes. The show is enjoyable.

Anyway the serious talk is always the same.
commentator " so ..... what do u think of the game against the opposition on the weekend"
player" its going to be tough u cant take any team lightly
"how has training gone this week
" weve train hard and well"

Hoggy

Bench
pepstar87 said:
Diehard said:

You do realise that only people in NSW and QLD get that don't you. :?

Hoggy

Bench
pepstar87 said:
Hoggy said:
pepstar87 said:
Diehard said:

Yeah and for Diehards location it says Gold Coast... :roll:

ok.

I thought you would realise I was referring to myself and the fact that I agreed with what Diehard was saying. Even though he has the ability to watch two episodes...I, along with a lot of others, DO NOT!!!

[furrycat said:
]Sunday = Serious
Thursday = Satire

People don't understand :roll: There are TWO airings per week.

I find it amazing that so many people dont understand this.

On sunday you get 60 minutes of serious footy talk and then you have boots n all which is a great show.

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
Hoggy said:
pepstar87 said:
Hoggy said:
pepstar87 said:
Diehard said:

Yeah and for Diehards location it says Gold Coast... :roll:

ok.

I thought you would realise I was referring to myself and the fact that I agreed with what Diehard was saying. Even though he has the ability to watch two episodes...I, along with a lot of others, DO NOT!!!

I'm assuming you live in Melbourne? If you do i'm not suprised you don't get to see it. Look at the crowds the Storm pull? Has it even been over 10,000 this year? Now why would they want to broadcast the Sunday Footy Show down there when Melbourne is AFL crazy?

OVP

Coach
leaguerules said:
perisher is the best ski resort in nsw

rubbish !!

The real skiiers go to Thredbo. It has by far the most challenging runs in Australia. You certainly couldnt hold a World Cup event in Perisher as its for kids/lamers :p

OVP

Coach
leaguerules said:
ovp i said the best resort not the best run

fair enough mate :)

but even that is debatable. I like Thredbo's Austrian village atmosphere over a concrete jungle anyday ... but some people are different so you make a fair point i guess.

Bella

Juniors
Chicken_Hunter said:
[furrycat said:
]Sunday = Serious
Thursday = Satire

On sunday you get 60 minutes of serious footy talk and then you have boots n all which is a great show.

Exactly, Chicken_Hunter.

This whole "Thursday night Footy Show is so terrible" thing is starting to get really, really old. You have a choice as to what you watch on television, people. If its so bad, just turn the TV off.

Besides, read the back of the Footy Show Greatest Hits Dvd... it describes the show as a "Rugby League-based variety show".
That means it is not supposed to be completely serious about football, but instead is a mixture of fun segments loosely based on league.
So stop whinging already!

iggy plop

First Grade
Bella said:
Chicken_Hunter said:
[furrycat said:
]Sunday = Serious
Thursday = Satire

Exactly, Chicken_Hunter.

This whole "Thursday night Footy Show is so terrible" thing is starting to get really, really old. You have a choice as to what you watch on television, people. If its so bad, just turn the TV off.

Besides, read the back of the Footy Show Greatest Hits Dvd... it describes the show as a "Rugby League-based variety show".
That means it is not supposed to be completely serious about football, but instead is a mixture of fun segments loosely based on league.
So stop whinging already!

You really don't get it.

The AFL Footy Show is also a Football based variety show, but it has a lot more class and natural humour than the junk the League Footy Show puts across. The AFL version involves a variety of current day players in the mix, while the league one is about the same four blokes every week, doing the same repetitive stuff.

I want Thursday nights to be variety-based as well, but quality variety.

Any bum off the street could do what Fatty and Sterlo do. Matt Johns is the only positive, but he is in danger of becoming repetitive if he doesn't find some new material soon.

The Perisher connection doesn't surprise me either. The whole is just a promo for channel 9's advertising interests. They should really change the name of the show. I wonder why the AFL don't go to Perisher as well for their show?

They better do something because the ratings poor. There's only so many boneheads out there.