What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebecca Wilson at it again

Iafeta

Referee
To me, her journalism style wasn't brave. It was often hypercritical to the max and loaded with sensationalism and bias. It seemed she was like some avenging angel denying her own demons of the past while blasting footballers even though these issues aren't isolated to footballers and are quite generic to modern day society.

That said breast cancer is horrible and she leaves behind family and friends way too young. Rest in peace

Game_Breaker

Coach
Yeah, I won't stoop to her level when she was alive, even though she laid the boot in to my club when they went through a tough patch.
Cancer sucks, and at the end of the day a family lost a mother, sister, wife and daughter so condolences to them.

But journos pretending she was some kind of trailblazing pioneering brave journalist are kidding themselves. Why not save that eulogy when it's actually true

Frenzy.

Immortal
How long before Massoud or Kent or creepy Crawley have an article about all the "vitriolic" Sharks fans (or footy fans in general)?

Won't be long if the hatred in here doesn't stop.

The behaviour in this thread is shameful, disgusting and humiliating.

Half of this thread should be deleted. No, better to delete it all.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
No one is obliged to say nice things but surely saying nothing is better than saying negative things about her within 24 hours of her death.

The woman was paid by the AFL to write negative articles and appear on Melbourne radio bagging Rugby League.

You must appreciate there is much pain in the Rugby League community because of this. It hurts seeing the game you love being attacked so viciously.

My hope is that her illness gave Wilson time for reflection on her choices in life, because there were many poor ones.

LESStar58

Referee
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-10-...ts-journalist-dies-from-breast-cancer/7911736

tumblr_lzo4j7tDN81qet7t8o1_500.gif

Yep. And look who that quote is attributed to.

Hopefully she shuffles off soon as well.

Pig Champion

Juniors
Won't be long if the hatred in here doesn't stop.

The behaviour in this thread is shameful, disgusting and humiliating.

Half of this thread should be deleted. No, better to delete it all.
Yep, best we savour the sweeetness of victory and not spoil it with bitterness.

Frenzy.

Immortal
As some of you might know I lost Mrs. Feej to cancer almost two years ago. Whatever we think about the stories she wrote, things she said, she's someones wife, sister, daughter and mother. Her final days would have been hell on earth for her family. I can tell you that from experience sadly.

Please think before you speak.

I'm sorry for the behaviour of idiots in here Feej.

Arnold

Juniors
As the thread creator I apologise and won't be offended if it's locked. If it wasn't me it would have been someone else.

I was not her biggest fan but managed to hold back in post 1. Eventually everyone goes and it should be remembered that people's work isn't who they are a lot of the time. Feel for her kids and relatives.

Feej

First Grade
I'm sorry for the behaviour of idiots in here Feej.
Thanks Frenz. I don't want to use that overused internet word, but this sort of stuff does trigger memories you'd rather not revisit.

A lot of you guys really should take a look at yourselves. Seriously.

roboshark

Coach
I didn't even know she was sick so came as quite a surprise. Everyone obviously kept it quiet. I am sure I saw her on sports line only 2 weeks back?

Valheru

Coach
The woman was paid by the AFL to write negative articles and appear on Melbourne radio bagging Rugby League.

You must appreciate there is much pain in the Rugby League community because of this. It hurts seeing the game you love being attacked so viciously.

My hope is that her illness gave Wilson time for reflection on her choices in life, because there were many poor ones.

I get that. She was a gutter journalist at best and deserved to lose her job on multiple occasions.

I still think bagging her and making light of the circumstances of her death is a step too far when silence is an option.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
R. I. P Bourbon Bec.....condolences to family and friends. Will say that i think it's fitting that she got to see her beloved Sharks hold up the trophy.

Last edited:
Never agreed with her on a professional level, but that's totally insignificant compared to the woman's personal life, especially at a time like this. Let's respect that, please. Condolences to Rebecca Wilson's family and loved ones, left this mortal coil way too soon.