What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebook a Wrestlemania

Big Pete

Referee
The name of the game is quite simple, there's been some very disappointing Wrestlemanias and I want to see how the devilishly handsome members of LU would have fixed it.

Couple of rules
- Be mindful of the injuries. Austin shouldn't be working Wrestlemania 2000 with a busted neck and I don't know how the corpse of Owen Hart is supposed to have a match against Chris Jericho on the show.

- No poaching, unless they're a free agent. It's easy to just book Austin/Goldberg at Mania '99 - show us how truly skilled you are by making do with the roster that's available to you.

- Have fun.

afinalsin666

First Grade
Why not, First time i've done one of these. I think i'll fix the most grievous oversight in Wrestling history.

WRESTLEMANIA XVIII

The show starts off with NWO in an interview backstage, they say they are going to destroy the 3 biggest names in WWE. Kevin Nash powerbombs Michael Cole through some catering.

EURO CHAMP. NO 1 CONTENDER BATTLE ROYAL
Rikishi def Scotty 2 Hotty, Albert, Lance Storm, Christian, Test, Rowdy Roddy Piper, extra jobbers.

The wrestling kicks off with a Battle Royal. Most are already in the Ring, Christian makes his entrance, then Rowdy Roddy Piper, then Rikishi. Rikishi makes short work of things, and starts to leave.

EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
Diamond Dallas Page def Rikishi

DDP comes swaggering out and says that the Street Fight was scheduled to be next, but if Rikishi wants to fight, he has to fight now.

It's a fair back and forth match, Rikishi dominates DDP during the middle of section of the match. Rikishi tries whipping DDP into the stairs, but DDP jump on top, spins and launches a Diamond Cutter off the stairs. He rolls back into the Ring celebrating cockily while Rikishi is counted out.

STREET FIGHT
Edge def Ric Flair

Leading up to WM, Edge has been calling out Ric Flair, saying he is too old to be wrestling, making stabbing attacks, and escaping before Flair can do anything.

Starting the match they come down the ramp with chairs in hand, and take wild swings at each other. Ric Flair busts Edge open in short order, with many chair shots to the head. It goes outside, and Edge comes back and slams Flairs head into the ring bell, opening him up.
It goes back and forth in brutal fashion, chairs are set up in the ring, and Edge spears flair through a stack of 8 chairs for the victory.

TRIPLE THREAT IC CHAMPIONSHIP
Rob Van Dam def William Regal (c), Booker T

This is a typical triple threat match, with each wrestler taking turns having a break outside the ring. Regal bumps Booker off the apron, and while the ref is checking on Booker, pulls the brass knucks on on RVD. RVD Kicks out of the pin, and Regal is shocked, and starts raging. Booker comes back in the ring and hits Regal with the Bookend, and RVD hits a beautiful Jump swinging DDT on Booker to set up the Five Star Frog Splash for the win.

LAST MAN STANDING MATCH
Kane def Kurt Angle

This match goes all through the Arena, both getting thrown through glass windows, soda machines, pallets and the like. They eventually fight to to a balcony above a loading dock. There is a semi trailer 8 feet below them. They have a lot of back and forth, teetering and tottering, but Kane gets the chokeslam on Angle off the balcony through the top of the trailer. The ref counts 10 while Kane stares on, silent.

SINGLE MATCH
Undertaker def Kevin Nash

The Undertaker and Kevin Nash go toe to toe in a well worked battle of giants. It is a slow moving, but very intense match, and goes for longer than many expected. Undertaker picks up the victory with a Chokeslam, Last Rite, Tombstone Combo.

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP ELIMINATION TABLE MATCH
Billy and Chuck (c) def. APA, Dudley Boyz, Hardyz

Fun match, it gets started fast with Chuck, Bradshaw and Devon going through a table within a minutes. The Dudleys enlist spike to set up table all along the outside of the ring. Suddenly there is someone jumping over the guardrail and sliding into the ring. It's Brock Lesnar! Lesnar clotheslines Spike, Lesnar presses Jeff Hardy out of the Ring and through a table, quick as anything turns and spears Farooq through a table on the turnbuckle. He runs outside and f5s matt hardy through a table. Bubba Ray tries to fight him, but he no sells everything and german suplexes him through a table. Billy Gunn picks up the victory due to Lesnar destroying everyone else. Billy Gunn runs off.

Paul Heyman comes from the crowd and points Lesnar to Spike. Lesnar does the Three powerbombs, and hightails it back out through the crowd.

HARDCORE CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
Maven (c) def Goldust

This starts backstage, A filler match, consisting mostly of Maven running away, chews just enough time to clean the wreckage and calm the crowd.

SINGLES MATCH
The Rock def Scott Hall

The Rock and Hall go back and forth in a great match, and about 8 minutes in, the Ref gets knocked out as Rock hits a Rock Bottom. Kevin Nash comes running down and puts a beating on The Rock. Hulk Hogan comes down with the intention of doing the same, but the crowd goes nuts. Hogan instead destroys Kevin Nash and Scott Hall. He kicks Nash out of the Ring, and picks The Rock up and sets him in a corner, and does the same with Hall.

He revives the Ref, just as Rock Hits another Rock Bottom and a People's Elbow for the Win.

DIVAS CHAMPIONSHIP FINISHER MATCH
Lita def Trish Stratus

A divas match heavy on revearsals. Filler to calm the crowd.

UNDISPUTED CHAMPIONSHIP
Chris Jericho (c) def Triple H

Everyone is expecting Triple H to win this one, so it's no surprise that Triple H dominates the whole way through. Stephanie switches back to HHH's side mid way through the match, clocking Jericho in the back of the head with a sledgehammer when the ref got injured. The crowd is Livid, and HHH hits Jericho with a chair relentlessly. Triple H turns and calls for a ref to come down and replace the one that went down, then Jericho superkicks Stephanie, and rolls HHH up into a Walls of Jericho. He holds it for a full minute before a Ref finally gets down and calls the match over. The crowd goes off for a double turn. (and the scene is set for evolution a bit earlier)

SINGLES MATCH
Stone Cold Steve Austin vs Hulk Hogan

The one that should have happened. The absolute greatest of an Era vs the Absolute Greatest from an era. The crowd are going mental, and with no match to follow, can give it everything they have, not needing to save any for later. The match goes for 20 minutes, and follows a fairly basic formula. When you are working with magic, you don't have to rewrite the book. Austin eventually wins with a Stunner, and the greatest match that could possibly happen is pulled off without a hitch.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Solid looking card. I do think that having the match right after Hogan's turn earlier in the show does somewhat diminish it, but I guess it would still work on a pure showcase basis. I mean Rock/Hogan and Rock/Cena basically went in with two faces and the crowd made the call for them.

It's a shame the NWO were so often crippled by Hall's bad habits and the personalities involved. There were some dream matches in there.

afinalsin666

First Grade
Yeah i thought about leaving Hogan in NWO against Stone Cold, but i wanted to make it a definite Face v Face thing. NWO were fairly impotent at the Actual WM X8, and it was easy to cheer Hogan for that reason, and i tried making them look like nefarious villains on my card (which, admittedly, didn't work too well), so i thought the only viable way to have it face v face was to have a turn before the match.

I would say Austin outshines the Rock, and against a truly heel Hogan, i don't think it would have worked out with the crowd swinging backwards and forwards as it did IRL.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I agree. Face v face matches can be fantastic if the build is there. Having Hogan turn face on the night would mean the previous build was either wasted or Stone Cold looks like a dick for being so angry at a guy who just saved The Rock's ass.

Tough situation to work with, really. I'd still enjoy the hell out of that Mania.

Valheru

Coach
Decent looking card there. I don’t like the Undertaker/Nash match. It happened in 1996 and I thought the Undertaker/Flair storyline in 2002 worked. I appreciate you wanted the NWO to have the mantra that they were taking out the “3 biggest stars” though.

I also don’t like Jericho winning especially given you have them doing a double turn. HHH is surely the most logical winner in that situation.

Other than that I think it is all good and a good improvement on the original show.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Given I guess we're able to tinker with preceding storylines, I'd like to take a run at Wrestlemania 2002 in a world where the Invasion was:
a). Not rushed to its conclusion
b). Not ruined by Vince being too cheap to hire Nash, Hall, Goldberg etc.

That okay, Pete?

Big Pete

Referee
Go for it.

Personally I'd prefer to see more creativity shown but I'm not against seeing an all out culmination of the Monday Night Wars either.

Last edited:

Misanthrope

Staff member
Go for it.

Personally I'd prefer to see more creativity shown but I'm not against seeing an all out culmination of the Monday Night Wars either.

Actually, bugger that. I'm going to go book a full Invasion storyline in EWR or TEW 2010. I'll pick a different Mania to do for this activity.

Big Pete

Referee
Wrestlemania X-V

WWF World Championship Match
Steve Austin vs. The Rock (c)

This was the right match up but I thought the build left a little to be desired. It seemed to be more about Austin/Vince than Rock/Austin which is how it should have been about. I would have played up that The Rock is the new poster boy, he represents what everyone wants to be and he's a hero the kids can look up to.

Play it up like that, reference their history and feed the rivalry between the two. It would lead to a more epic match, rather than Austin finally getting his hands on that no-good pretty boy cheat.

Hell in a Cell
Mankind vs. The Undertaker

Looking back at the Undertaker's streak, one of the big exceptions that stands out is the lack of Mick Foley. These two formed such a great rivalry in 96 yet they never met on the grandest stage, I would like to fix that.

Storyline would revolve around Taker recruiting wrestlers for his Army of Darkness and targeting Mankind due to his prior affiliation with Bearer and his World Championship. Foley adamantly refuses which ends up costing him big time as Taker ends up costing him the belt.

Seething, Foley will continuously try and attack The Undertaker but all his attempts are stopped by the Ministry until finally he gets his hands on him. Taker offers him to fight him mano-e-mano but on one condition, it has to be in the match that defined him it has to be Hell in a Cell and that this time he will finish the job.

I'd even consider a realistic tinge with Foley weighing up his own integrity versus his family. McMahon being a heartless basterd tries to coax him into still having the match by saying he'll set his family up for life if he'll take it but Mick is unsure whether he can put his family through the stress.

Match itself would be a bit different in that it will mostly take place inside the cell, Taker beats the holy f**k out of Foley, but Mick keeps fighting back. When it looks like he's going to get the upper hand, the Brood emerge and allow Taker to put Mick away. I'd then conclude the match in the same fashion as SummerSlam 08, with Foley being sent straight to hell.

WWF Intercontinental Championship Match
Ken Shamrock vs. Triple H (c)

This would be pretty simple. Shamrock is after revenge after HHH deceived him in thinking it'd be a fair face vs. face match at St. Valentine's Day Massacre only for it to turn into a Corporation hatchet job and Ken is pissed.

Basically, I thought Ken deserved better than what he got and I believe this would make for a better IC & HHH match.

WWF European Championship Match
X-Pac vs. Shane McMahon (c)

I really enjoyed this feud and match. The only change would be that I couldn't have HHH turn on X-Pac. Instead, it would be Test who would have been fired around 6 weeks back but returned to help Shane back.

Would be a mystery as to why until it later comes out that he's secretly seeing Stephanie and it leads to that (cringy) storyline.

Reason Shane keeps the championship is that I plan on having him arrogantly retire it as I don't believe there's any room for it on the show.

WWF Tag Team Championship Match
New Age Outlaws vs. The Acolytes (c)

Acolytes are the dominant tag team of the company and will only accept matches on one condition - if you lose, you split up or leave. So far this has ended the Godwinns, Headbangers, D. O. A, Supply & Demand and most importantly, LOD.

NAO are back together after the Acolytes injured Road Dogg and as one of the greatest tag teams in WWF history have put their legacy on the line to take down this team.

Will they succeed?

Six Man Match
Kane, Goldust & Al Snow vs. The Brood

One of the themes of this Wrestlemania will be the Ministry of Darkness and how the WWE are banding together to face them. This match is basically here to get Kane on the card admittedly but the idea will be that his time will be comprised of wrestlers who were at one point affiliated with the group (will make up an angle for Snow, probably to do with Head) & they've banded together to deal with this annoying group of up and comers who keep interfering them in matches and hitting them with the blood bath.

Brood may pick up the win pinning Goldust, Kane would get the last laugh though.

WWF Hardcore Championship Match
Owen Hart vs. Terry Funk (c)

I know Terry was working for ECW at this point but they were basically a development company for the WWF at this stage. The idea here would be that Owen is the anti-hardcore, anti-Attitude wrestler and he can't stand to see a 55 year old man wrestle with reckless abandon and inspire a new generation to do the same. Enough is enough and it's time for a change he says.

Bit of a comedy match with Owen taking silly cartoon type bumps but somehow finding himself with the belt - to his dismay.

Might have room for another match but have no idea whether it's worth putting Jeff Jarrett, D'Lo Brown, Val Venis etc. on the card when there really isn't an angle for them to work. I'd save them for Backlash, if only to present Wrestlemania as this big significant event that not every jabroni can work the show.

Big Pete

Referee
Actually the Funk match might be a little on the nose due to the poaching rule.

If that's the case, I'd go with Jeff Hardy. Same idea, except trade 55 year old man for 20 something rookie who rose to the top doing dare-devil stunts.

Would basically be the same angle, match would be different but arguably better due to the athletic capabilities of Hardy.

Going to have a crack at the most underwhelming Wrestlemania in recent memory (25-2009), a lot of it will be fast tracked storylines as well as some lead up events having different pay-offs (Jeff Hardy's mystery attacker and Jericho's ravings against the legends are two stories I will have a different end to). Pretty confident in what my end product would be. Will hopefully have it up tomorrow sometime.

Here is a Wrestlemania 25. Any storyline deviations occurred either at the Royal Rumble or later on down the line.

TAG TITLE UNIFICATION MATCH Legacy defeats Cryme Tyme, Colons (c) and Miz & Morrison (c)
Unify the two tag titles in the opener. Two guys in the ring at a time, the other 6 can tag in and out. A lot of blind tags and broken up pin falls. Match ends when DiBiase makes a blind tag on Miz to get himself into the match, everyone storms the ring and it gets cleared, apart from DiBiase and Carlito (two legal men), DiBiase hits dream street on Carlito for the win.

IC TITLE VS CAREER MATCH Rey (c) defeats JBL
Do the match properly, it ends after JBL appears to be in complete control of the match, and out of nowhere Rey is able to roll him up for the win. JBL flips out and beats on Rey before security (accompanied by some faces that are not on the card at all) throw him out of the building.

SINGLES MATCH Kofi Kingston defeats Chris Jericho
Jericho in the lead up has been bagging the movie The Wrestler as well as all the legends. He goes to great lengths to push his agenda. He breaks up a MITB qualification match between Kofi and Shelton, beating them both down (Shelton wins by DQ as Jericho took him out first). Kofi then starts taking offence at Jericho trashing his idols. Flair and Rourke are shown in the front row for the match. Jericho taunts them both on several occasions throughout the match. It ends when Jericho looks in control when Flair jumps the barricade and distracts the referee, so Rourke can enter the ring and punches Jericho in the jaw. The shot subdues Jericho and he turns into trouble in paradise from Kofi for the win. All 3 men celebrate in the ring over Jericho.

MONEY IN THE BANK LADDER MATCH MVP defeats Show, Christian, Shelton, Kane and Matt Hardy
Standard MITB ladder match, fast paced with the usual crazy spots. MVP picks up the win, and the cash in will be explained further in the aftermath.

STREET FIGHT CM Punk defeats Jeff Hardy
Jeff Hardy through December/January has been attacked several times by a mystery attacker. He blames Edge who denies it. At the Rumble it is confirmed that the attacker is CM Punk. Punk is filthy that he does everything he can to be a great role model and someone the company should build its image around, yet he is constantly cast aside for wrestlers who always make immoral decisions like Jeff Hardy. Basically this starts his Straight Edge character. In the build up Punk also beats down Matt Hardy, and costs Jeff a spot in the MITB match.

The match itself is a brutal street fight with some crazy ladder spots and lots of weapons. The match ends when Punk hits an inverted GTS by dropping Jeff face first onto an exposed turnbuckle.

WWE TITLE Edge defeats HHH
The build here revolves around Royal Rumble where Vickie puts MVP in a last man standing match with the Big Show. If Show wins, HHH is not eligible to enter the Royal Rumble. HHH is banned from ringside, but MVP steers the match into the back where HHH takes out the Big Show for MVP to win, and break his losing streak. MVP is grateful for HHH’s help and wants to form a friendship out of mutual respect and unite against the common enemy (Vickie, Edge, Show, etc). HHH doesn’t want anything of it. After a fatal 4 way number 1 contenders match between Show, HHH, MVP and Chavo, MVP distracts the Big Show and cops a KO Punch. Big Show then turns into a Pedigree for HHH to win the match. HHH starts to warm to MVP after that and respect him as an adversary.

The match itself has several run ins from Vickie and the Big Show. MVP comes out and brawls with the big show through the crowd. HHH brings a sledgehammer into the ring, before the ref stops him using it. The match ends with Vickie distracting the ref and Edge blasting HHH with the sledge hammer before finishing him off with a Spear to retain. More details in the aftermath.

SINGLES MATCH Undertaker defeats Shawn Michaels
Pretty standard, wouldn’t change the story or the match at all, it was pretty close to being perfect.

WOMEN’S TITLE Beth defeats Melina
Calm down the crowd a little after two big matches, piss break for everyone at home, yadda yadda yadda, not really an important match, I can’t remember who was face or heel at the time for this one.

WORLD HEAVYWEGHT CHAMPIONSHIP Randy Orton defeats John Cena
Orton punts Vince right before the rumble as Vince attempts to fire him. Orton then wins the rumble. On the following Raw Orton dares Stephanie to fire him, because he is guaranteed a spot in the main event of Wrestlemania. Orton tells her she cannot take it away from him even if he is fired, and if he wins he will leave and take the title with him. Stephanie refuses to fire him, but strongly hints if he loses she can easily fire him after. Cena takes exception to all of this, saying the company is about the fans, and Orton shouldn’t attempt to short change them or hold the company to ransom, and makes it his personal mission to ensure Randy Orton loses at Wrestlemania they can fire him and ensure he never steps foot in a WWE ring again. He says he wants the fans’ lasting memory of Orton to be Cena embarrassing him on the biggest stage of all. Orton claims he doesn’t have a chance because the McMahons will screw him out of the victory. He tells legacy to sit at ringside and watch but under no circumstances should they interfere as he doesn’t want to get DQ’d but if anyone looks like meddling with the match then he tells them to take them out.

Shane and Steph both attempt to interfere but Legacy take care of it, but never attack Cena, even if they do distract him a little. The match ends with Orton hitting an RKO out of nowhere, and punting Cena in the head. A triple pose down closes the show, the JR and King disgusted that Randy was able to win the title.

AFTERMATH
HHH appreciates MVP taking the Big Show out of the equation and they become 'friends' that will help each other out if they are in a tough spot. After winning a triple threat match at Backlash against Edge and the Big Show to win the WWE Title, MVP immediately cashes in on HHH and wins the title, turning himself heel again. He feuds with HHH for the next few months over the title, HHH eventually wins it back off him again.

Legacy run the rule over Raw much like the Nexus did, beating the crap out of anyone who gets in their way. The following night they boast over taking Cena out, but he returns the following week, only to be beaten down. It all looks hopeless for Cena as he consistently loses against Randy and can’t seem to beat him. After a few months Stephanie enlists the Big Show to take out the Legacy, leading to a SS WH title match between Orton and the Big Show (in a face turn), although much to the McMahon’s disgust, the Big Show can’t get the job done. Orton tells them they can’t stop the legacy, and no matter who they bring in, he will take care of. Their next option is to bring in HHH around the time of Survivor Series.

Jeff and Punk continue to feud and have a string of stipulation matches, ending with a hell in a cell match, which Punk wins. This results in him becoming the number 1 contender for HHH’s title at Summerslam, he wins the title there (freeing up HHH to help take out Orton), and begins his Straight Edge Society. He brings in several people who he can help including a “struggling wrestler who cannot fulfil his potential because of his demons” (Daniel Bryan), along with some others (Gallows and Mercury I guess).

Jericho wins his return match at Backlash against Kofi, before going after Mysterio and the IC title.

Big Pete

Referee
Pretty good show on the whole MM.

I definitely like the changes to the main event matches, a lot of them just flat out blew and I believe this provides better balance. In saying, I actually enjoyed The Legends/Jericho as an undercard match. Even having Piper and Snuka to justify Jericho's claims only for Steamboat to completely show Jericho up, I thought that was a great moment. Jericho had already put Kingston over around a year earlier so I'd just let Kofi wet his feet in the MitB match before entering some sort of feud with The Legacy.

09 would be a fun year to re-book. I remember back then I wanted to make a storyline where Orton 'retires' Hunter but HHH gets the last laugh by becoming GM and trying to make Orton's life a living hell. I think I ripped it straight from a SvR game but I reckon it could have worked with the right writing.

Big Pete

Referee
Wrestlemania 2000

WWF Heavyweight Championship Match
The Rock vs. Triple H (c)
Special Guest Referee: Vince McMahon

This will play out exactly like it did in real life, the difference is I wouldn't be wasting time with The Big Show or having Foley go back on his retirement, I'd play this feud straight with Vince screwing The Rock leading to the best over-booked WWE style main event in history. I'd save it for then, because I believe Triple H deserves to go over as the super heel and The Rock was so over that a loss wouldn't effect him.

WWF Intercontinental Championship Match
Chris Benoit vs. Chris Jericho (c)

Your potential wrestling classic. Jericho has transformed from a loud-mouth to a respectable rising champion while Benoit's arrival in the WWF has caused a stir in the mid-card division as he has completely pummeled opponents into submission. These two have a long history and Benoit can't wait to disgrace Jericho on the biggest stage in wrestling.

WWF Tag Team Championship Triple Threat Ladder Match
Edge and Christian vs. The Hardy Boys vs. The Dudley Boys (c)

I wouldn't change a thing about this match.

Rikishi & Too Cool vs. The Big Show, Road Dogg & X-Pac

Too Cool were ridiculously over at this point as the fun under-card act and the likes of Show, Dogg & Pac really don't have a lot to do or offer as sole entities so why not put them together in a fast-paced match where everyone gets their spots in? At the end, you can even have Show turn on D-X and kick-off his short-lived Showster gimmick.

WWF European Championship Match
Eddie Guerrero (w/Chyna) vs. Kurt Angle (c)

I was never a fan of Chyna but the Latino Heat gimmick gave Eddie an edge he'd been lacking in WCW and I believe it'd play well into this match. Angle at this stage was more of a character than a work-rate guy so Eddie would have to be creative in putting this match together where he cheats to win and costs Angle his glorious Wrestlemania moment.

Dean Malenko vs. Tazz
Shooter vs. shooter.

T & A vs. APA
Big brawl match that determines who faces off against the winner of the ladder match at Backlash (unofficially). Would just let both teams stiff the s**t out of each other.

Hardcore Championship Match
Hardcore Holly vs. Al Snow vs. Bossman vs. Bull Buchanan vs. Stevie Richards vs. Steve Blackman vs. Mean Street Posse vs. Headbangers vs. Crash Holly (c)

Wild match where Crash somehow comes through just at the end.

Random Women's Match
Don't care who.

Wrestlemania 12

Iron Man Matc for WWF Title - Bret Hart (c) v Shawn Michaels
Steel Cage Match - The Undertaker v Diesel (with the debut of Mankind at the end)
IC Title - Steve Austin (c) (w/Mr. Perfect) v Hakushi
Hollywood Backlot Brawl - Goldust v Roddy Piper
Owen Hart v Vader (with Cornette to side with the victor)
Tag Team Title Tournament Final - The Eliminators v The Bodydonners (LOD return at end)
Hunter Hearst Helmsley v Ahmed Johnson
Farooq beatdown of Razor Ramon, debuting as the black militant we would later come to know.