What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reciprocal/Away STH deal

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Just speaking to Panthers club - enquired about the away Season Ticket Holder deal - they believe it has gone up to $12 in 2007... can anybody confirm or deny - and also does anybody know which clubs are able to offer that deal?

The Colonel

Immortal
No idea who is offering the deals but I'm pretty certain Souths STH were charged $12 for the Roosters game.

V1er

Juniors
The Colonel said:
No idea who is offering the deals but I'm pretty certain Souths STH were charged $12 for the Roosters game.

yep they were charging $12 for season ticket holders on monday night, so it looks like they've increased it.

Timmah

Staff member
Pemriff seem to think it's $12... why the price rise? Hardly any of the grounds have been upgraded over the off-season... Manly $15? Brookvale's one of the sh*ttiest grounds I know!

Raider_69

Post Whore
i feel for the poor army members i stood next too who pre purchased their tickets based on a rubbish idea from the telegraph that brookie would sell out :lol:
they paye 25 dollars to stand in the worst sporting venue in this country, surrounded by absolute f**king wankers in maroon and white jerseys... id ask for a refund except i wanted to get the hell out of that sh*thole as quickly as possible, they can have my 15 bucks, as its the last dime ill be throwing their way

Timmah

Staff member
$20 down to $12 at Pemriff... can't complain... means I have money for the M2 on the way home :)

Raider_69

Post Whore
The Colonel said:
Still a decent price for the football - you get a 40% discount assumingly on a GA ticket.

most definitely, 15 bucks is better then 25, so im not complaining, but still its a rort that manly can charge anyone over 5 bob to go and watch a sporting event in that venue

brooksy19

Bench
Brookvale oval on a fri/sat night is teeming with drunk 14/15 year olds, swaering their heads off, annoying people and not watching the game, they should stick to their bloody beach parties.. was about to whack one of the little pricks tapping me on the head with his water bottle on the way out last year...

Also saw no less than underage 4 girls pareletic and two passed out.

But yes, no clubs are honouring the $8 season toicket thing..

skeepe

Immortal
Brookvale Oval and EnergyAustralia Stadium are the only grounds I refuse to go to, mainly because of the abhorrent behaviour of supporters there. Thankfully the only time I was at Brookvale we had the last laugh, the Raiders winning PL 68-something and FG 51-16 (with 12 men, no less).

EAS, nuff said. Only time I have ever greatly feared for my life. Spat on, beer thrown at me, almost assaulted for the heinous act of supporting my team... f**k that.

Timmah

Staff member
The worst I had at EAS was this week - ribbing about SBW and that was about it, along with the two skanks next to me trying to bait me into snapping at them.

EAS, in my opinion, has improved since the construction of the Eastern stand... and if/once the Northern & Southern hills are eradicated, the drunken yob behaviour incidents will plummet - it's part of the reason it festers, having free-range hills.

skeepe

Immortal
Timmah said:
The worst I had at EAS was this week - ribbing about SBW and that was about it, along with the two skanks next to me trying to bait me into snapping at them.

EAS, in my opinion, has improved since the construction of the Eastern stand... and if/once the Northern & Southern hills are eradicated, the drunken yob behaviour incidents will plummet - it's part of the reason it festers, having free-range hills.

You just had to look on TV when Archer was talking to SBW... the Shazzas on the hill pointing and screaming at the top of their lungs...

FTR, it's the grannies at EAS that scare me the most... filthy, filthy bunch. And honestly, who threatens to stab someone with a knitting needle? Fair dinkum.

Fluffy

Juniors
and ive got that at many grounds

threatened with stabbing at SFS after a rabbitohs game last year for example

it happens at most grounds and like usual its the majority that arnt involved

i have told fellow manly fans to knock it off before and even called security over to kick them out once. A bit of banter is fine but throwing things is not cool.

I also feel that parents should not bring a young family to the footy and sit right infront of the bar - sometimes a little personal resonsibilty can go a long way.

Timmah

Staff member
skeepe said:
You just had to look on TV when Archer was talking to SBW... the Shazzas on the hill pointing and screaming at the top of their lungs...

FTR, it's the grannies at EAS that scare me the most... filthy, filthy bunch. And honestly, who threatens to stab someone with a knitting needle? Fair dinkum.
The Grannies are some of the worst, I have seen some drunk ones threaten people - and yes, some with knitting needles :crazy:

(i'm not kidding either)

Ice777

Bench
Out of all the away grounds i've been to which are SFS, Telstra Stadium, Suncorp, Leichardt, Showgrounds, Parramatta, Brookvale, Woolongong and Shark Park, the worst by far would have to be Brookvale. Some of their supporters behaviour was nothing short of disgraceful.

Every other away ground i've been to you always cop and expect a bit of harmless banter off the home supporters, but the only way i could describe some of the 'supporters' at Manly is they're just foul mouthed pisshead bogans. I love a beer as much as the next bloke at the game but you won't catch me carrying on like they were, fair dinkum it was like they opened up the gates at Taronga Park that night and all the animals made a bee line straight to Brookvale.

We're off to Kogarah in round 5 so i expect the welcome mat :shock:

Timmah

Staff member
Shark Park was surprisingly fine. Lots of drunk underage kiddies, but Brookvale took the cake. Rude, poor facilities, mudbath, uncomfortable... list goes on.

Choppies

Coach
brooksy19 said:
Brookvale oval on a fri/sat night is teeming with drunk 14/15 year olds, swaering their heads off, annoying people and not watching the game, they should stick to their bloody beach parties.. was about to whack one of the little pricks tapping me on the head with his water bottle on the way out last year...

Also saw no less than underage 4 girls pareletic and two passed out.

But yes, no clubs are honouring the $8 season toicket thing..

You can replace Brookvale oval for Toyota Park or EAS.