What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recruitment

Rich102

Staff member
The thread is about recruitment so I will stick to that.
The team is still largely composed of players from the Cleary ere - defence above all else. So we have players who haven't a clue with the ball in their hands.
Nielsen & Lowrie have been good buys from that point of view, but where is the attack going to come from? Leuluai is more of the same, probably a better hooker - but we have one of those.
Bell's efforts must come under scrutiny - but wait, he's been promoted.

This all stems because nobody has identified what style of football the Warriors are to play. Solid, no frills, defence - ass Cleary would like it. Jungle ball as Bluey seemed to prefer. Or ? under Elliott.

Whatever the style selected we must be way under the cap. We need to spend on some class players.
The halves are mud and no team can play good football with rubbish halves.

Also let's forget the preference for Kiwi origin players. Quality should be the selection criteria.

That would be true if Kiwi kids were not allowed to move and play for Aussie clubs. Some of the best ones probably prefer not to be stuck at home in their comfort zone.

ozbash

Referee
Leuluai is still in ESL mode.
Our defence is shocking, never saw the first half but saw the highlights at half time.. Sharks waltzed past our d like it wasn't there, Locke was pathetic, one try I saw in the 2nd, he lined up the guy outside of the ball carrier ! The most dangerous person on any footy field, anywhere, is the guy holding the ball.

SJ has a f**ked arm because he slaps/grabs... wouldn't know how to tackle if he tried. Hurrel, same.

spear tackle

Juniors
Well if we have loads of money left on the salary cap and can't find any players that want to come here are they able to use it as a bonus sceme for the players?
Some kind of pay out if they win a game and zip if they loose,you may see a little more effort put in on the paddock then.
On the other side of the coin you might see it all sitting in an account untouched for the season gathering interest.

SilentOne

Juniors
The biggest recruitment this club needs is a leader, another Price. Mannering just doesn't cut it, he did alright in 2010/2011, but his shortfalls were evident last year when Luck was injured for most of the season.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
The biggest recruitment this club needs is a leader, another Price. Mannering just doesn't cut it, he did alright in 2010/2011, but his shortfalls were evident last year when Luck was injured for most of the season.

Why would we want to recruit another Price? His shortfalls were evident in 2009 when Wiki had retired....

:sarcasm:

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Bronco troll is stirring, but does have a very good point. Numerous players have slipped through the net over the years when really they should have been identified as having enough talent to at least look at

A good current example is Matai. Wasn't wanted so went over to try his luck in the Qld Cup, Manly had an agreement with the side he went too and Matai ended up going for what was meant to be a 1 week opportunity to train with them, and as soon as he was seen he was kept down in Manly and debuted a few weeks later

There has to be plenty of these types running around in NZ, how hard are the Warriors searching for them ?

ozbash

Referee
There has to be plenty of these types running around in NZ, how hard are the Warriors searching for them ?

The warriors target the schools, first 15 etc

The aussie scouts are at club league games, targeting league players..

btw, good to see you back, Beaver. thought you had committed hari kari after the weekends flogging.

Iafeta

Referee
Leuluai is still in ESL mode.
Our defence is shocking, never saw the first half but saw the highlights at half time.. Sharks waltzed past our d like it wasn't there, Locke was pathetic, one try I saw in the 2nd, he lined up the guy outside of the ball carrier ! The most dangerous person on any footy field, anywhere, is the guy holding the ball.

SJ has a f**ked arm because he slaps/grabs... wouldn't know how to tackle if he tried. Hurrel, same.

I think you're talking about the Tagatese try. Locke had no hope. It was embarrassing how weak we were on the fringe, and then absolutely none of the central defenders even gave a token care in the world to chase back. It was 49,848,221 on Locke. Johnson was coming back, and I dare say Locke was trying to position Johnson to take Tagatese so he could scramble on one of the spare 49,848,220 players that Tagatese could have passed to. Johnson for his part kept casually jogging back.

I'd love to know what the wrestling coach and the defensive coach have been doing. Clearly its not coaching. McFadden appears to be an absolute dud.

Skinner

Coach
There is no leadership and there will not be while the incumbent is there. Now he is captain of the national side.......Kearney and Mannering - sayonara RLWC

Meth

Staff member
Which also falls under Bell's jurisdiction. For this role, he really is a nuffy.

Scurrah must fall on his sword if Elliott can't improve things. Eric Watson has, unfortunately for him, painted a very poor picture in his self written article a few weeks ago when he stated that they had a supercoach basically signed seal and delivered (I can only think that means Bellamy) and then the committee, headed up by Bell and Scurrah, were blown away by Elliott's interview.

That just made my head explode

tangalife

Juniors
That Tagatese try was Johnsons fault not Locke. Johnson is ment to be one of the fastest in the league and he let a backrower outrun him lol. If you watch him hes not even trying to catch him. He should of been able to run him down with Locke focusing on the inside man.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
The warriors target the schools, first 15 etc

The aussie scouts are at club league games, targeting league players..

btw, good to see you back, Beaver. thought you had committed hari kari after the weekends flogging.

Haha I'm always around mate, end of cricket season last weekend so fair to say it was a fairly large one !!

What I see going on at the Warriors really concerns me in terms of the Kiwis tbh. We have plenty of talent around the other clubs but the Kiwis go well with a core of Warriors in good form.
NZRL has a history of stuff ups, and I think we can add this Mannering decision to the list

While I don't completely disagree with the theory behind taking it off Benji, naming the new skipper now is madness. Why not pick a team then the skipper ? On current form Mannering can't be anywhere near the squad !

Micistm is the 1 you have to worry about, I heard him practicing the Glory Glory to South Sydney tune today

auckwarriors

Juniors
That just made my head explode

It didn't quite play out that way - the "supercoach" pulled out of his own accord. Watson then defended the signing of Elliott when the media pegged him as the last man standing, saying that he "blew the socks off" I believe Bill Wavish (i.e. it didn't matter we missed supercoach as Elliott was a great candidate anyway).

Latest posts